Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 7:57 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 3/7/17 at 8:12am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 601post #9001 of 1720910/26/13 at 2:14pmpost #9002 of 1720910/26/13 at 2:50pmpost #9003 of 1720910/28/13 at 5:19ampost #9004 of 1720910/28/13 at 7:13ampost #9005 of 1720910/28/13 at 7:50amCheck Schotts website you can browse by category of fit. There leather is alright very thick and stiff, I wouldnt consider any of there jackets fashionable, there more biker-esqe. If you ride and thats your style you'll probably love them, if not and you dont have money to put out for RO. MMM, Julius, CP etc. I would save for one a high quality brand. But if you wouldnt even consider spending 1k + on a jacket I would just buy a cheap one for around $200. Another good option if you have an unlimited amount of patience you could wait 20+ weeks and order a TOJ.post #9006 of 1720910/28/13 at 8:09amI have a 641 in horsehide that I got new and a c.80s-90s cowhide perfecto courtesy of eBay. The horsehide I particularly love; breaking it in was a hell of a chore but going on 3 years now it's supremely comfy.
The TLDR I guess is that they both are exceptionally well made and durable, but not at all subtle or delicate in terms of fit and materials compared to softer leathers from the likes of TOJ, RO, or whoever.post #9007 of 1720910/28/13 at 8:49amStay away from the Schott N.Y.C. diffusion line, produced for the European market (http://www.schott-store.com/fr/3-cuirs) The jackets are cheaper than the mainline jackets, they have less detailing and the quality/construction is very bad. I bought one of their jackets in the sale in a UK store and thought I got a good deal. Back home, I noticed that the leather felt rather cheap. When comparing it to pictures of other Schott jackets online, I saw that it was not the same thing. Also two zippers stopped working after a day. Off course I brought it back.
Even though I like the look of some Schott jackets, my experience put me off this brand. Having a low quality line and not making it clear that it is different from the main line is bad business practice. There are more options in this price range.post #9008 of 1720910/28/13 at 10:06am
the online schott store gives you an option to order jackets based on your measurements, and i've heard the person that helps with sizing is pretty helpful.
the perfecto with the more "fashion" fit is the 626, although it is longer. 613 is the classic one star one (worn by marlon brando), which is a bit more cropped and boxy. not sure about the other ones.post #9009 of 1720910/28/13 at 10:22ampost #9010 of 1720910/28/13 at 10:44ampost #9011 of 1720910/28/13 at 10:52am
I've had two, a Perfecto 613 and a 626. The 613 is pretty much squarish and boxy, made more for real riding than anything else. I really had an issue with the 'butterfly'-like sleeves, they were cut pretty huge. The leather is tough and takes a while to break into.
The 626 comes from their mid-weight collection. Leather's a bit softer (they say it's made from Icelandic cowhide), and the lining is just flannel compared to padded nylon (?) to the 613/618 etc.
Cutting is still a bit off, you won't get the all slim Saint Laurent or TOJ look for example, definitely more of a classic look.post #9012 of 1720910/28/13 at 12:53pmpost #9013 of 1720910/28/13 at 7:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by einstine
It went 30% off and sold out http://www.ssense.com/men/product/maison_martin_margiela/black_matte_leather_jacket/53532
I think they made another one that was coated leather that you might be thinking off because I remember seeing it on sufu for sale.
They actually gave me the information that it was FW12, and they only had a limited stock when they were available. Ssenses customer service is great.
lol! what? Ssense still had it in stock and then sold it to you for 30% off? Scroll back either this thread or sale thread and people were talking about why nobody kopped it at 50% off and then not even at 70%. I remember even Aloha Rag let it hit 65%. I remember that jacket exactly and remember people hating the leather so unless you got it dirt cheap it really is not worth it IMO. But, if you like itpost #9014 of 1720910/28/13 at 7:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by palma
lol! what? Ssense still had it in stock and then sold it to you for 30% off? Scroll back either this thread or sale thread and people were talking about why nobody kopped it at 50% off and then not even at 70%. I remember even Aloha Rag let it hit 65%. I remember that jacket exactly and remember people hating the leather so unless you got it dirt cheap it really is not worth it IMO. But, if you like it
I bought it from yoox for about 60% off retail.
I always wanted a matte leather jacket, and wanted a 5-Zip pretty badly for awhile, so this jacket for me is dream come true. Another plus for me is that its thinner leather, so I could wear it more often. Im sure its not everybodys style when it comes to leather, but cut/fit and look is all that matters to me.
Ill enjoy it.post #9015 of 1720910/30/13 at 10:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by artishard116
cloak on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fall-2006-CLOAK-Alexandre-Plokhov-Flight-jacket-shearling-leather-black-merino-/221306719535?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276
looks like the jacket is wearing a wig
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 7 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 11 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...