Or members of the nightwatch...still saddened by the rehashed designs. Wish Hedi was more of a risk taker.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:47 am in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 1/31/16 at 8:53am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 593
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8882 of 1523210/12/13 at 6:11pmpost #8883 of 1523210/13/13 at 9:39pmpost #8884 of 1523210/13/13 at 9:53pmpost #8885 of 1523210/13/13 at 11:53pmpost #8886 of 1523210/15/13 at 12:10ampost #8887 of 1523210/15/13 at 11:32ampost #8888 of 1523210/15/13 at 11:46ampost #8889 of 1523210/16/13 at 10:36amQuote:Originally Posted by einstine
UPDATE: Its seems to be a no go turning my schott matte black. I dont know what kind of protective coating they use but its strong.
I tried rubbing alcohol first, then dish soap and water, nothing. Then I gambled on the little hanger tag piece of leather on the inside of the jacket with my sisters 100% acetone for nails that didnt even do anything!
This is a good thing I guess I do like matte leather, but it has its downfalls of looking either fake or not even like a leather jacket and just a coat look to it. So the downfalls of the shine is practically nothing especially since it protects it that much.
I am assuming that what you got is a 654, which uses that waxy cowhide leather? Here's a pic of my 626, which uses the same leather after one soak in hot water for around 15-20 minutes. Didn't shrink much, but took off the shine quite significantly as you can see from the pictures (I had another new 626 at my shop, so I took a comparison photo of mine before selling the new one). Also included is a fit photo. My advice for this waxy cowhide leather is not to hang it to dry though, as it drapes significantly because it gets sooooo heavy with water, so make sure you dry it flat. Also, hot water sorta gelatinize the leather, which makes it really hard when it dries. Use mink oil considerably. I have since done a second soak earlier today to remove the 'drape' will post pics as it dries, but using a different method than my first soak.
Left is new, right is after one soak. Considerably duller and less shiny.
Fit (I'm wearing an S) after one soak.post #8890 of 1523210/16/13 at 11:00ampost #8891 of 1523210/16/13 at 11:14ampost #8892 of 1523210/16/13 at 12:57pm
I used this leather honey
It actually removed the waxy-ness of the jacket and gave it a very nice drape.
My camera didnt focus for some reason but here is a fit pic, leather honey applied.post #8893 of 1523210/17/13 at 10:10ampost #8894 of 1523210/17/13 at 12:34pm
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 11 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 15 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 16 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 22 minutes ago
- › Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) 31 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...