Or members of the nightwatch...still saddened by the rehashed designs. Wish Hedi was more of a risk taker.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 3:22 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 10/2/15 at 7:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 593
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8882 of 1484710/12/13 at 6:11pmpost #8883 of 1484710/13/13 at 9:39pmpost #8884 of 1484710/13/13 at 9:53pmpost #8885 of 1484710/13/13 at 11:53pmpost #8886 of 1484710/15/13 at 12:10ampost #8887 of 1484710/15/13 at 11:32ampost #8888 of 1484710/15/13 at 11:46ampost #8889 of 1484710/16/13 at 10:36amQuote:Originally Posted by einstine
UPDATE: Its seems to be a no go turning my schott matte black. I dont know what kind of protective coating they use but its strong.
I tried rubbing alcohol first, then dish soap and water, nothing. Then I gambled on the little hanger tag piece of leather on the inside of the jacket with my sisters 100% acetone for nails that didnt even do anything!
This is a good thing I guess I do like matte leather, but it has its downfalls of looking either fake or not even like a leather jacket and just a coat look to it. So the downfalls of the shine is practically nothing especially since it protects it that much.
I am assuming that what you got is a 654, which uses that waxy cowhide leather? Here's a pic of my 626, which uses the same leather after one soak in hot water for around 15-20 minutes. Didn't shrink much, but took off the shine quite significantly as you can see from the pictures (I had another new 626 at my shop, so I took a comparison photo of mine before selling the new one). Also included is a fit photo. My advice for this waxy cowhide leather is not to hang it to dry though, as it drapes significantly because it gets sooooo heavy with water, so make sure you dry it flat. Also, hot water sorta gelatinize the leather, which makes it really hard when it dries. Use mink oil considerably. I have since done a second soak earlier today to remove the 'drape' will post pics as it dries, but using a different method than my first soak.
Left is new, right is after one soak. Considerably duller and less shiny.
Fit (I'm wearing an S) after one soak.post #8890 of 1484710/16/13 at 11:00ampost #8891 of 1484710/16/13 at 11:14ampost #8892 of 1484710/16/13 at 12:57pm
I used this leather honey
It actually removed the waxy-ness of the jacket and gave it a very nice drape.
My camera didnt focus for some reason but here is a fit pic, leather honey applied.post #8893 of 1484710/17/13 at 10:10ampost #8894 of 1484710/17/13 at 12:34pm
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn Outerwear
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 31 seconds ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF OCT... 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Fear the Walking Dead 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 13 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...