Or members of the nightwatch...still saddened by the rehashed designs. Wish Hedi was more of a risk taker.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... Last post on Yesterday at 7:02 am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 593
Styleforum Top Picks
UPDATE: Its seems to be a no go turning my schott matte black. I dont know what kind of protective coating they use but its strong.
I tried rubbing alcohol first, then dish soap and water, nothing. Then I gambled on the little hanger tag piece of leather on the inside of the jacket with my sisters 100% acetone for nails that didnt even do anything!
This is a good thing I guess I do like matte leather, but it has its downfalls of looking either fake or not even like a leather jacket and just a coat look to it. So the downfalls of the shine is practically nothing especially since it protects it that much.
I am assuming that what you got is a 654, which uses that waxy cowhide leather? Here's a pic of my 626, which uses the same leather after one soak in hot water for around 15-20 minutes. Didn't shrink much, but took off the shine quite significantly as you can see from the pictures (I had another new 626 at my shop, so I took a comparison photo of mine before selling the new one). Also included is a fit photo. My advice for this waxy cowhide leather is not to hang it to dry though, as it drapes significantly because it gets sooooo heavy with water, so make sure you dry it flat. Also, hot water sorta gelatinize the leather, which makes it really hard when it dries. Use mink oil considerably. I have since done a second soak earlier today to remove the 'drape' will post pics as it dries, but using a different method than my first soak.
Left is new, right is after one soak. Considerably duller and less shiny.
Fit (I'm wearing an S) after one soak.
I used this leather honey
It actually removed the waxy-ness of the jacket and gave it a very nice drape.
My camera didnt focus for some reason but here is a fit pic, leather honey applied.
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 50 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Should I buy a full canvassed suit for the sole reason that I don't... 3 minutes ago
- › GMTO: Carmina Chocolate Brown Suede Oxford or My Next OneShoe 4 minutes ago
- › MTO/ Bespoke shoe plans for 2015? 7 minutes ago
- › No Brogue or Semi Brogue for Interview 8 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 8 minutes ago
- › Laced shoe/boot with rubber sole for jeans and suit 13 minutes ago
- › Knitted Ties - Flat or Pointed Bottom: Latest Views 14 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...