i wasn't disagreeing with you, i was telling everyone about the successful vibram job on my 5-zip. now i can roll down hills and stop muggings-in-progress without scuffing the calfskin. i recommend it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 2/9/16 at 12:55pm in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 590post #8836 of 1528210/8/13 at 11:14am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8837 of 1528210/8/13 at 12:25pmpost #8838 of 1528210/8/13 at 1:05pm
UPDATE: Its seems to be a no go turning my schott matte black. I dont know what kind of protective coating they use but its strong.
I tried rubbing alcohol first, then dish soap and water, nothing. Then I gambled on the little hanger tag piece of leather on the inside of the jacket with my sisters 100% acetone for nails that didnt even do anything!
This is a good thing I guess I do like matte leather, but it has its downfalls of looking either fake or not even like a leather jacket and just a coat look to it. So the downfalls of the shine is practically nothing especially since it protects it that much.post #8839 of 1528210/8/13 at 1:10pmpost #8840 of 1528210/8/13 at 1:16pmpost #8841 of 1528210/8/13 at 1:22pm
Sandblasting, are you serious?Quote:Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance
i really like the idea of subjecting this jacket to every manner of abuse until it's no longer shiny. it could be part of your morning ritual between brushing your teeth and reading the paper
The jacket being shiny is not a big deal, I like matte leather so if it was a simple wipe down with alcohol or water/dish soap, then okay. Since it is not simple Im okay with it. I didn't buy thinking damn this jacket would only appeal to me if was matte black. I dont have money to waste for a risk like that.
PS, reading the paper its like reading a shitty book the size of a poster, makes me uncomfortable to read from something so big with such small words. So I dont read the paper in my morning routine.post #8842 of 1528210/8/13 at 1:52pmpost #8843 of 1528210/8/13 at 1:54pm^ thanks man i enjoyed reading that. i like that idea more than my shitty idea. I was going to recommend smearing poop in the hope the acid wipes away the veneer. of course youll want to eat an appropriate diet before hand to match the color of the leather
asparagus - green, blue
mcdonalds - black
taco bell and watermelon juice - brown
taco bell doritos loco taco - light brownpost #8844 of 1528210/8/13 at 2:01pmpost #8845 of 1528210/8/13 at 2:34pmpost #8846 of 1528210/8/13 at 2:50pmpost #8847 of 1528210/8/13 at 4:02pmWhat shearling is that?Quote:
[QUOTE[/QUOTE]post #8848 of 1528210/8/13 at 4:07pmpost #8849 of 1528210/8/13 at 4:40pm
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 32 seconds ago
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 44 seconds ago
- › Zonkey Boot GMTO interest check 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 4 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...