Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... Last post on Today at 4:51 am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 586
Styleforum Top Picks
My main problem with that thing was the leather was too thin and flexible and nothing would shape right (esp the collar), and those sleeves were cut almost bell-bottomish
I liked that Plokhov.
Some comments: the collar was actually pretty rigid compared with my old high collar Intarsia. The back of the collar could stay upright no problem, and the sides of the collar would roll out quite nicely. It's not tight in the torso either, since the taper isn't very extreme (20" P2P, 18.5" hem) and the cut is a little boxy. Length-wise, it worked for me and I'm about 5'9". Personally, the sleeves were a little tight for comfort so I sold it off, otherwise it was a pretty cool jacket. I think member Wojutsior has that Plokhov now, if you wanted to ask him about it. The leather is pretty thin though, slightly crisp texture to it.
It sure has
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So insanely jealous. I need to get myself something good before it gets cold.
If one of you saw my leather jacket, your eyes would surely bleed
Haha maybe man, just not very fond of taking cell phone mirror shots
Not sure that it will fit either of you, it's a size 48 (fits a half-size small). Besides, that one is probably my favourite of the lot - it'll probably be the last to go (highly recommended if you guys ever come across it)
spacepope: Check Rakuten or y!jp, I actually saw the same horse rider in Size 50 in a used clothing shop (Kind-U) in Tokyo a couple of weeks ago. I think it was somewhere in the ballpark of 130,000 yen which is a pretty reasonable price considering retail is something like $4,000. They might still have it listed online
i be a 46-47 mon
After trying the Bauhaus in both 48 and 50, I've come to the sad conclusion that the fit just isn't for me. Sleeves were too long and tight in biceps on 48, and 50 was too long in body. I don't know much about leather, but the washed lamb did seem really flimsy too. The pockets also never lay flat, but probably that's due to my waist/height.
Still don't want to give up on Rick though. Chaos, maybe I'll race you for that Intarsia.
Shoulder 44 cm (17.3 inch)
Waist Circumference 96 cm (37.8 inch)
Back Length 62 cm (24.4 inch)
Chest Circumference 102 cm (40.2 inch)
Sleeve Length 86 cm (33.9 inch)
Seems huge for a 44/XS. Can anyone confirm this?
It was originally beige, but was dyed a dark brown. So I'm not sure if that's the reason why it feels really weird of leather, almost pleather like. There's also no real leather smell either. Since it's calf, I know it's not supposed to feel as soft/smooth/supple as lambskin, but from what I remember compared to the calfskin black 5zip I tried on at a Barney's once, this isn't anywhere near as soft/smooth either. But again, could be due to the dye, so I'm not sure.
Would take it to a department store and ask, but there's no high end store that carries MMM here as far as I know. Was thinking perhaps a cobbler would be of some help?
Here's an Imgur album with a few pictures: http://imgur.com/a/dEeLO#sgmHzgi
I really appreciate all the help you guys can give!
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 seconds ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Opinion wanted on PP 5130G in white gold 43 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 10 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan