Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... Last post on Today at 11:52 am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 586
Styleforum Top Picks
My main problem with that thing was the leather was too thin and flexible and nothing would shape right (esp the collar), and those sleeves were cut almost bell-bottomish
I liked that Plokhov.
Some comments: the collar was actually pretty rigid compared with my old high collar Intarsia. The back of the collar could stay upright no problem, and the sides of the collar would roll out quite nicely. It's not tight in the torso either, since the taper isn't very extreme (20" P2P, 18.5" hem) and the cut is a little boxy. Length-wise, it worked for me and I'm about 5'9". Personally, the sleeves were a little tight for comfort so I sold it off, otherwise it was a pretty cool jacket. I think member Wojutsior has that Plokhov now, if you wanted to ask him about it. The leather is pretty thin though, slightly crisp texture to it.
It sure has
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So insanely jealous. I need to get myself something good before it gets cold.
If one of you saw my leather jacket, your eyes would surely bleed
Haha maybe man, just not very fond of taking cell phone mirror shots
Not sure that it will fit either of you, it's a size 48 (fits a half-size small). Besides, that one is probably my favourite of the lot - it'll probably be the last to go (highly recommended if you guys ever come across it)
spacepope: Check Rakuten or y!jp, I actually saw the same horse rider in Size 50 in a used clothing shop (Kind-U) in Tokyo a couple of weeks ago. I think it was somewhere in the ballpark of 130,000 yen which is a pretty reasonable price considering retail is something like $4,000. They might still have it listed online
i be a 46-47 mon
After trying the Bauhaus in both 48 and 50, I've come to the sad conclusion that the fit just isn't for me. Sleeves were too long and tight in biceps on 48, and 50 was too long in body. I don't know much about leather, but the washed lamb did seem really flimsy too. The pockets also never lay flat, but probably that's due to my waist/height.
Still don't want to give up on Rick though. Chaos, maybe I'll race you for that Intarsia.
Shoulder 44 cm (17.3 inch)
Waist Circumference 96 cm (37.8 inch)
Back Length 62 cm (24.4 inch)
Chest Circumference 102 cm (40.2 inch)
Sleeve Length 86 cm (33.9 inch)
Seems huge for a 44/XS. Can anyone confirm this?
It was originally beige, but was dyed a dark brown. So I'm not sure if that's the reason why it feels really weird of leather, almost pleather like. There's also no real leather smell either. Since it's calf, I know it's not supposed to feel as soft/smooth/supple as lambskin, but from what I remember compared to the calfskin black 5zip I tried on at a Barney's once, this isn't anywhere near as soft/smooth either. But again, could be due to the dye, so I'm not sure.
Would take it to a department store and ask, but there's no high end store that carries MMM here as far as I know. Was thinking perhaps a cobbler would be of some help?
Here's an Imgur album with a few pictures: http://imgur.com/a/dEeLO#sgmHzgi
I really appreciate all the help you guys can give!
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Pay to vote... 8 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 18 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 23 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What would you wear today? 3 minutes ago
- › Hugo Boss Red Label Lightweight Wool 40 L Sport Coat Jacket 4 minutes ago
- › Raw Ingredient and Mise en Place porn thread. 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...