Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on Today at 8:05 am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 586
Styleforum Top Picks
My main problem with that thing was the leather was too thin and flexible and nothing would shape right (esp the collar), and those sleeves were cut almost bell-bottomish
I liked that Plokhov.
Some comments: the collar was actually pretty rigid compared with my old high collar Intarsia. The back of the collar could stay upright no problem, and the sides of the collar would roll out quite nicely. It's not tight in the torso either, since the taper isn't very extreme (20" P2P, 18.5" hem) and the cut is a little boxy. Length-wise, it worked for me and I'm about 5'9". Personally, the sleeves were a little tight for comfort so I sold it off, otherwise it was a pretty cool jacket. I think member Wojutsior has that Plokhov now, if you wanted to ask him about it. The leather is pretty thin though, slightly crisp texture to it.
It sure has
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So insanely jealous. I need to get myself something good before it gets cold.
If one of you saw my leather jacket, your eyes would surely bleed
Haha maybe man, just not very fond of taking cell phone mirror shots
Not sure that it will fit either of you, it's a size 48 (fits a half-size small). Besides, that one is probably my favourite of the lot - it'll probably be the last to go (highly recommended if you guys ever come across it)
spacepope: Check Rakuten or y!jp, I actually saw the same horse rider in Size 50 in a used clothing shop (Kind-U) in Tokyo a couple of weeks ago. I think it was somewhere in the ballpark of 130,000 yen which is a pretty reasonable price considering retail is something like $4,000. They might still have it listed online
i be a 46-47 mon
After trying the Bauhaus in both 48 and 50, I've come to the sad conclusion that the fit just isn't for me. Sleeves were too long and tight in biceps on 48, and 50 was too long in body. I don't know much about leather, but the washed lamb did seem really flimsy too. The pockets also never lay flat, but probably that's due to my waist/height.
Still don't want to give up on Rick though. Chaos, maybe I'll race you for that Intarsia.
Shoulder 44 cm (17.3 inch)
Waist Circumference 96 cm (37.8 inch)
Back Length 62 cm (24.4 inch)
Chest Circumference 102 cm (40.2 inch)
Sleeve Length 86 cm (33.9 inch)
Seems huge for a 44/XS. Can anyone confirm this?
It was originally beige, but was dyed a dark brown. So I'm not sure if that's the reason why it feels really weird of leather, almost pleather like. There's also no real leather smell either. Since it's calf, I know it's not supposed to feel as soft/smooth/supple as lambskin, but from what I remember compared to the calfskin black 5zip I tried on at a Barney's once, this isn't anywhere near as soft/smooth either. But again, could be due to the dye, so I'm not sure.
Would take it to a department store and ask, but there's no high end store that carries MMM here as far as I know. Was thinking perhaps a cobbler would be of some help?
Here's an Imgur album with a few pictures: http://imgur.com/a/dEeLO#sgmHzgi
I really appreciate all the help you guys can give!
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 28 seconds ago
- › Bourbon. 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 7 minutes ago
- › BNIB Alden UM Shell Cordovan Wingtip Boots All-Eyelets & Commando... 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015