Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 2/9/16 at 12:55pm in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 586post #8776 of 1529610/3/13 at 8:34am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8777 of 1529610/3/13 at 8:35ampost #8778 of 1529610/3/13 at 8:48ampost #8779 of 1529610/3/13 at 1:39pmpost #8780 of 1529610/3/13 at 1:46pmpost #8781 of 1529610/3/13 at 1:56pmQuote:
My main problem with that thing was the leather was too thin and flexible and nothing would shape right (esp the collar), and those sleeves were cut almost bell-bottomishpost #8782 of 1529610/3/13 at 2:16pmpost #8783 of 1529610/3/13 at 2:29pmpost #8784 of 1529610/3/13 at 3:08pmQuote:
I liked that Plokhov.
Some comments: the collar was actually pretty rigid compared with my old high collar Intarsia. The back of the collar could stay upright no problem, and the sides of the collar would roll out quite nicely. It's not tight in the torso either, since the taper isn't very extreme (20" P2P, 18.5" hem) and the cut is a little boxy. Length-wise, it worked for me and I'm about 5'9". Personally, the sleeves were a little tight for comfort so I sold it off, otherwise it was a pretty cool jacket. I think member Wojutsior has that Plokhov now, if you wanted to ask him about it. The leather is pretty thin though, slightly crisp texture to it.Quote:
It sure haspost #8785 of 1529610/3/13 at 3:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by chaos
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So insanely jealous. I need to get myself something good before it gets cold.
If one of you saw my leather jacket, your eyes would surely bleedpost #8786 of 1529610/3/13 at 3:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by chaos
Haha maybe man, just not very fond of taking cell phone mirror shots
Not sure that it will fit either of you, it's a size 48 (fits a half-size small). Besides, that one is probably my favourite of the lot - it'll probably be the last to go (highly recommended if you guys ever come across it)
spacepope: Check Rakuten or y!jp, I actually saw the same horse rider in Size 50 in a used clothing shop (Kind-U) in Tokyo a couple of weeks ago. I think it was somewhere in the ballpark of 130,000 yen which is a pretty reasonable price considering retail is something like $4,000. They might still have it listed online
i be a 46-47 monpost #8787 of 1529610/3/13 at 4:10pmpost #8788 of 1529610/3/13 at 8:55pm
After trying the Bauhaus in both 48 and 50, I've come to the sad conclusion that the fit just isn't for me. Sleeves were too long and tight in biceps on 48, and 50 was too long in body. I don't know much about leather, but the washed lamb did seem really flimsy too. The pockets also never lay flat, but probably that's due to my waist/height.
Still don't want to give up on Rick though. Chaos, maybe I'll race you for that Intarsia.post #8789 of 1529610/4/13 at 9:09amDoes anyone have a recent seasons 5zip? I asked the MMM store in Milan for measurements of size 44, this is what they told me:
Shoulder 44 cm (17.3 inch)
Waist Circumference 96 cm (37.8 inch)
Back Length 62 cm (24.4 inch)
Chest Circumference 102 cm (40.2 inch)
Sleeve Length 86 cm (33.9 inch)
Seems huge for a 44/XS. Can anyone confirm this?post #8790 of 1529610/4/13 at 11:05amSo I received an MMM 5-zip in the mail that I won off of eBay and I'm having some doubts as to it being real or not. This seems like an appropriate thread to ask about it - if not, please direct me to another thread where it is.
It was originally beige, but was dyed a dark brown. So I'm not sure if that's the reason why it feels really weird of leather, almost pleather like. There's also no real leather smell either. Since it's calf, I know it's not supposed to feel as soft/smooth/supple as lambskin, but from what I remember compared to the calfskin black 5zip I tried on at a Barney's once, this isn't anywhere near as soft/smooth either. But again, could be due to the dye, so I'm not sure.
Would take it to a department store and ask, but there's no high end store that carries MMM here as far as I know. Was thinking perhaps a cobbler would be of some help?
Here's an Imgur album with a few pictures: http://imgur.com/a/dEeLO#sgmHzgi
I really appreciate all the help you guys can give!
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 23 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 29 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 40 seconds ago
- › Alden Cordovan Color 8 Wingtip Boot 8.5D Barrie Commando Sole 48 seconds ago
- › Alden Black captoe Regina 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling - St James II in Vintage Cherry - MH71 Last - 8E UK 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?