Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on Yesterday at 12:55 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 585post #8761 of 1528010/2/13 at 7:06pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8762 of 1528010/2/13 at 8:07pmpost #8763 of 1528010/2/13 at 8:09pmpost #8764 of 1528010/2/13 at 9:27pmpost #8765 of 1528010/2/13 at 9:57pmpost #8766 of 1528010/2/13 at 10:53pmpost #8767 of 1528010/2/13 at 11:39pmpost #8768 of 1528010/2/13 at 11:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by afixedpoint
What kind of leather is this? (I see that it is calf, but the texture looks interesting)
I bought this leather from a euro e-store and returned it - it's a very thin leather (lamb I believe) with a rubberized coating that gives it the matte look. Doesn't have the leather feel or creasing, but the matte look and cut is nice. Just not $1k+ nice..post #8769 of 1528010/2/13 at 11:49pmpost #8770 of 1528010/3/13 at 2:56ampost #8771 of 1528010/3/13 at 6:01ampost #8772 of 1528010/3/13 at 6:25ampost #8773 of 1528010/3/13 at 8:04am
Thanks dudes. I'm sure there are other members here with much more impressive collections than mine, but I'm content with what I have (after tracking these down over the last 2 years) Still looking for that grail oiled calf Intarsia, although having so many black leathers is redundant (and expensive)
Haha maybe man, just not very fond of taking cell phone mirror shotsQuote:
Not sure that it will fit either of you, it's a size 48 (fits a half-size small). Besides, that one is probably my favourite of the lot - it'll probably be the last to go (highly recommended if you guys ever come across it)
spacepope: Check Rakuten or y!jp, I actually saw the same horse rider in Size 50 in a used clothing shop (Kind-U) in Tokyo a couple of weeks ago. I think it was somewhere in the ballpark of 130,000 yen which is a pretty reasonable price considering retail is something like $4,000. They might still have it listed online :)
Edited by chaos - 10/3/13 at 8:17ampost #8774 of 1528010/3/13 at 8:13ampost #8775 of 1528010/3/13 at 8:28am
^ It's graphite calfskin from the batch of Italian leather that they had at one point. It's a pretty interesting colour; looks black under natural light, with purple/grey undertones under white lighting or brown undertones under yellow lighting.
A word of advice: I owned an Intarsia in a slightly thinner lambskin and although the leather was really great, I didn't like the floppiness of the collar (it was hard to maintain its shape), so it's probably better to look for one in a thicker material. Also, size up - the size small I had was from FW10 (Gleam) and it was basically skin tight on me. I think recent season Rick fits even smaller
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 13 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 14 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 14 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 18 minutes ago
- › Quintessential Knit Ties: Comprehensive Discussion & Appreciation 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...