Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... Last post on Today at 7:45 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 585
Styleforum Top Picks
What kind of leather is this? (I see that it is calf, but the texture looks interesting)
I bought this leather from a euro e-store and returned it - it's a very thin leather (lamb I believe) with a rubberized coating that gives it the matte look. Doesn't have the leather feel or creasing, but the matte look and cut is nice. Just not $1k+ nice..
Thanks dudes. I'm sure there are other members here with much more impressive collections than mine, but I'm content with what I have (after tracking these down over the last 2 years) Still looking for that grail oiled calf Intarsia, although having so many black leathers is redundant (and expensive)
Haha maybe man, just not very fond of taking cell phone mirror shots
Not sure that it will fit either of you, it's a size 48 (fits a half-size small). Besides, that one is probably my favourite of the lot - it'll probably be the last to go (highly recommended if you guys ever come across it)
spacepope: Check Rakuten or y!jp, I actually saw the same horse rider in Size 50 in a used clothing shop (Kind-U) in Tokyo a couple of weeks ago. I think it was somewhere in the ballpark of 130,000 yen which is a pretty reasonable price considering retail is something like $4,000. They might still have it listed online :)
Edited by chaos - 10/3/13 at 8:17am
^ It's graphite calfskin from the batch of Italian leather that they had at one point. It's a pretty interesting colour; looks black under natural light, with purple/grey undertones under white lighting or brown undertones under yellow lighting.
A word of advice: I owned an Intarsia in a slightly thinner lambskin and although the leather was really great, I didn't like the floppiness of the collar (it was hard to maintain its shape), so it's probably better to look for one in a thicker material. Also, size up - the size small I had was from FW10 (Gleam) and it was basically skin tight on me. I think recent season Rick fits even smaller
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 13 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 15 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 20 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 21 minutes ago
- › LAB PAL ZILERI JACKET BLAZER 23 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 24 minutes ago
- › Willing to Buy: Penfield Gibson Rain Jacket Olive Extra Small 24 minutes ago
- › RALPH LAUREN PURPLE LABEL CLASSIC LINEN SPORT SHIRT 28 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...