I hate your humor....wow...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 11/29/15 at 5:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 11/29/15 at 8:57am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 576
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8627 of 149739/23/13 at 2:08ampost #8628 of 149739/23/13 at 2:09ampost #8629 of 149739/23/13 at 6:20pmI've been looking to pick up a new jacket. I saw a decent looking one from a label called Vince. Anyone own any leather form them? Price tag on it seems a bit ridiculous though. $1,000 for this:
If I remember correctly, it said cowskin and is made in China.
I tried it on...
Could anyone comment on the fit, and if it doesn't fit so well, what should I be looking for in something better?
Thankspost #8630 of 149739/23/13 at 7:44pmpost #8631 of 149739/24/13 at 8:42am
You say don't because of quality? Fit? Style? All of the above?
Years of looking through this thread and I seemingly still cant pick em :/
I'm going to the RO store at lunch today in NYC. I can't afford those leathers, but if something fits me really well and I have to have it, at lest I can keep an eye out on the BST for one perhaps. I'm going to try the MMM 5-zip too at their store later this week, if they have it, to see how it fits me. Again, well out of my price range but I can't resist trying.
Any suggestions on what else I should try?
Tiapost #8632 of 149739/24/13 at 8:50ampost #8633 of 149739/24/13 at 8:55ampost #8634 of 149739/24/13 at 8:55ampost #8635 of 149739/24/13 at 9:02amI've considered ordering a TOJ many times. I've tried ones like their MDR, and I don't think I can pull that style off. I imagine the moto suits me best.
I left all my winter clothes in storage in San Francisco and moved to NYC in June for the summer. Looks like I'll be here a lot longer now, and I'm looking to pick something up relatively soon for the coming months. That's what is steering me away from the TOJs right now, but I'm keeping an eye out on the BST anyway in case something pops up and I'm quick enough.Quote:
Thanks for the comments on your Vince. What leather is yours?
Sizing seems to be a bit of an issue with me too. I'm 5' 8" and 135, skinny, which seems to be a bit of an awkward size. Smalls are too big and XS is too small. TOJ would have been great, seeing as it would be tailored.post #8636 of 149739/24/13 at 11:10ampost #8637 of 149739/24/13 at 11:34amQuote:
I said I've tried the MDR style and can't pull that particular style off. Not TOJs in general.
Also I went to the RO boutique and tried on the Bauhaus. It looks great zipped up, but I don't think I can wok with the collar when unzipped.
I also tried the bullet and that thing is really nice. Love the blistered leather as well. Their store has very few sizes. I tried a 46 but it was too small in the body. I might need a 48 in that. Arms and length were great though.
I've never seen the ROs in person, and I must say that they are unlike any leather jackets I've ever put on. I have a strong feeling that I'm going to want one really bad.
Edited by Lokesh - 9/24/13 at 11:46ampost #8638 of 149739/24/13 at 12:37pmpost #8639 of 149739/24/13 at 12:46pmpost #8640 of 149739/24/13 at 12:52pm
I've got a leather cleaning question. I've purchased a RO Milk Geo and my proxy sent me a picture that shows marks on the neck of the jacket. Any advice on how to clean/hide the marks when I get it? I have saphir renovateur, but I'm not sure if that would be appropriate to use. I have the option of trying for a refund from the seller, but I don't think it's necessary as long as the rest of the jacket is in good shape. I'm asking my proxy for a couple more pics before proceeding, though.
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › F/S Brooks Brothers Black Fleece wool pea coat Sz: bb5 (xl/46R) 1 minute ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 3 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 3 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 7 minutes ago
- › Tie wrinkles won't go away 8 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories