I hate your humor....wow...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 1:29 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on Today at 12:55 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 576
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8627 of 152609/23/13 at 2:08ampost #8628 of 152609/23/13 at 2:09ampost #8629 of 152609/23/13 at 6:20pmI've been looking to pick up a new jacket. I saw a decent looking one from a label called Vince. Anyone own any leather form them? Price tag on it seems a bit ridiculous though. $1,000 for this:
If I remember correctly, it said cowskin and is made in China.
I tried it on...
Could anyone comment on the fit, and if it doesn't fit so well, what should I be looking for in something better?
Thankspost #8630 of 152609/23/13 at 7:44pmpost #8631 of 152609/24/13 at 8:42am
You say don't because of quality? Fit? Style? All of the above?
Years of looking through this thread and I seemingly still cant pick em :/
I'm going to the RO store at lunch today in NYC. I can't afford those leathers, but if something fits me really well and I have to have it, at lest I can keep an eye out on the BST for one perhaps. I'm going to try the MMM 5-zip too at their store later this week, if they have it, to see how it fits me. Again, well out of my price range but I can't resist trying.
Any suggestions on what else I should try?
Tiapost #8632 of 152609/24/13 at 8:50ampost #8633 of 152609/24/13 at 8:55ampost #8634 of 152609/24/13 at 8:55ampost #8635 of 152609/24/13 at 9:02amI've considered ordering a TOJ many times. I've tried ones like their MDR, and I don't think I can pull that style off. I imagine the moto suits me best.
I left all my winter clothes in storage in San Francisco and moved to NYC in June for the summer. Looks like I'll be here a lot longer now, and I'm looking to pick something up relatively soon for the coming months. That's what is steering me away from the TOJs right now, but I'm keeping an eye out on the BST anyway in case something pops up and I'm quick enough.Quote:
Thanks for the comments on your Vince. What leather is yours?
Sizing seems to be a bit of an issue with me too. I'm 5' 8" and 135, skinny, which seems to be a bit of an awkward size. Smalls are too big and XS is too small. TOJ would have been great, seeing as it would be tailored.post #8636 of 152609/24/13 at 11:10ampost #8637 of 152609/24/13 at 11:34amQuote:
I said I've tried the MDR style and can't pull that particular style off. Not TOJs in general.
Also I went to the RO boutique and tried on the Bauhaus. It looks great zipped up, but I don't think I can wok with the collar when unzipped.
I also tried the bullet and that thing is really nice. Love the blistered leather as well. Their store has very few sizes. I tried a 46 but it was too small in the body. I might need a 48 in that. Arms and length were great though.
I've never seen the ROs in person, and I must say that they are unlike any leather jackets I've ever put on. I have a strong feeling that I'm going to want one really bad.
Edited by Lokesh - 9/24/13 at 11:46ampost #8638 of 152609/24/13 at 12:37pmpost #8639 of 152609/24/13 at 12:46pmpost #8640 of 152609/24/13 at 12:52pm
I've got a leather cleaning question. I've purchased a RO Milk Geo and my proxy sent me a picture that shows marks on the neck of the jacket. Any advice on how to clean/hide the marks when I get it? I have saphir renovateur, but I'm not sure if that would be appropriate to use. I have the option of trying for a refund from the seller, but I don't think it's necessary as long as the rest of the jacket is in good shape. I'm asking my proxy for a couple more pics before proceeding, though.
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...