Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 2/9/16 at 12:55pm in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 563post #8431 of 152968/23/13 at 9:18pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8432 of 152968/23/13 at 9:23pm
Yeah, it's a recent jacket, but I think it's not that recent. It's not this year's 5 zip jacket for sure.
Edit: After doing some research, I think I know what this jacket is. It's actually the 2011 version of the 5 zip jacket that was only sold in Barney New York at Japan. It was a limited edition that look like the first gen 5 zip hence the armpit vents and some other things.
Edited by fulong - 8/23/13 at 9:43pmpost #8433 of 152968/23/13 at 9:44pmpost #8434 of 152968/23/13 at 9:46pmQuote:
The tailor supplied the YKK zippers. Thanks Namor, I love how the jacket looks now compared with the black zippers. Iunno any site that is a good zipper provider though. That info can be very useful.post #8435 of 152968/23/13 at 11:01pmpost #8436 of 152968/24/13 at 7:28ampost #8437 of 152968/24/13 at 9:29ampost #8438 of 152968/24/13 at 9:35ampost #8439 of 152968/24/13 at 11:37amQuote:Originally Posted by fulong
So recently I have picked up my 5 zip jacket from a tailor after having him replace all the MRS black zippers with big, chunky, silver YKK zippers.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
well done!Quote:Originally Posted by RFX45
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
5k?post #8440 of 152968/24/13 at 11:42amI have actually been thinking about having my tailor replace my (current model black calf) 5 zip's gunmetal zips with silver YKK excellas... Or maybe find the same model of zipper and teeth but in nickel instead of gunmetal. I love my jacket, but have been searching for a black one with silver zips forever and figured the best thing to do would be to put silver zips on mine. We'll see what my tailor says.post #8441 of 152968/24/13 at 11:54ampost #8442 of 152968/24/13 at 12:52pmpost #8443 of 152968/24/13 at 12:56pmpost #8444 of 152968/25/13 at 12:23am
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 10 minutes ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 12 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 13 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 13 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 14 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 19 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 20 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 25 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?