Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 2/9/16 at 12:55pm in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 548post #8206 of 152827/25/13 at 4:09pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8207 of 152827/25/13 at 9:59pmpost #8208 of 152827/25/13 at 11:44pmpost #8209 of 152827/26/13 at 12:55ampost #8210 of 152827/28/13 at 12:57ampost #8211 of 152827/28/13 at 3:07ampost #8212 of 152827/28/13 at 3:29amHi guys,
Sorry if this is not the place for it. I'll make a separate thread if necessary. Anyways, I picked up a distressed MMM 5 zip in Size 50 and the sleeves are too long. The body fits perfectly so sizing down isn't an option and the sleeves on a 48 aren't really much shorter. I need to have them shortened by an inch or more. I was considering getting it done by these guys. Seems like they have been doing it for a while
or perhaps going to a place like this who make are local and make moto jackets, albeit, nothing like aesthetic admired on here or of the 5 zip. But, considering they have all the equipment to make a leather jacket an alteration shouldn't be too risky?
Are there any concerns I should have with doing this and if could suggest an alternative to those places if they don't seem right?
Cheers,post #8213 of 152827/28/13 at 10:39ampost #8214 of 152827/29/13 at 2:00amQuote:
The actual fall/winter 2013 MMM 5 zip in black ? calf leather ? made in italy tag ? this one ? :(post #8215 of 152827/29/13 at 7:31ampost #8216 of 152827/29/13 at 8:13ampost #8217 of 152827/29/13 at 9:13ampost #8218 of 152827/29/13 at 9:16amcan't speak about the quality of earlier versions, but i have the one pictured above and as DLester says the leather is very nice: thick supple calf that will definitely wear well. not cheap at retail but this seemed to be the best iteration i was likely to find.
Edited by robinsongreen68 - 7/29/13 at 12:18pmpost #8219 of 152827/29/13 at 10:09amQuote:
^I'm Confused......but what : /
The 5 zip "craze" has been around since the dawn of time from what I understand now, like years agoooooooooooooooo, I am sure maybe even before those two snapped one up, like when dinosaurs roamed the earth and shiz
After actually learning my lesson and purchasing one (and comparing it to other jackets), I have to admit, I think the 5 zip is one of the most easiest leathers to pull off comparatively to other "higher end" designers.
Very forgiving as well for the "older/mature" male as well I would say, as the body is quite forgiving and it's somewhat simple design makes it maybe... timeless.
Edited by shdws - 7/29/13 at 10:25ampost #8220 of 152827/29/13 at 10:39amQuote:Originally Posted by Cyber7Punk
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the one i tired on looked exactly the same but i was pressed for time and did not notice the deets. moo and i discussed the thin leather and he thinks it may be a summer leather. Although i think it is possible for barneys to start stocking FW item right now.Quote:
no but even for lamb it felt like crap. i had a similar situation when i looked at a hugo boss leather that was really thin and cost around 1k so i asked the SA if it was faux and he said it was lamb. IDK what these brands are using for lamb lately but it feels cheapQuote:
i do really like the design but cant buy with that steep price tag
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Creases on a doble-breasted suit 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 14 minutes ago
- › BASICALLY GIVING THIS AWAY: Eidos Napoli Tipo Teal/Char-Brown Linen... 15 minutes ago
- › What is my face shape ? 16 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 17 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?