Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... Last post on Yesterday at 10:34 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 9:54 pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 548
Styleforum Top Picks
Sorry if this is not the place for it. I'll make a separate thread if necessary. Anyways, I picked up a distressed MMM 5 zip in Size 50 and the sleeves are too long. The body fits perfectly so sizing down isn't an option and the sleeves on a 48 aren't really much shorter. I need to have them shortened by an inch or more. I was considering getting it done by these guys. Seems like they have been doing it for a while
or perhaps going to a place like this who make are local and make moto jackets, albeit, nothing like aesthetic admired on here or of the 5 zip. But, considering they have all the equipment to make a leather jacket an alteration shouldn't be too risky?
Are there any concerns I should have with doing this and if could suggest an alternative to those places if they don't seem right?
The actual fall/winter 2013 MMM 5 zip in black ? calf leather ? made in italy tag ? this one ? :(
Edited by robinsongreen68 - 7/29/13 at 12:18pm
^I'm Confused......but what : /
The 5 zip "craze" has been around since the dawn of time from what I understand now, like years agoooooooooooooooo, I am sure maybe even before those two snapped one up, like when dinosaurs roamed the earth and shiz
After actually learning my lesson and purchasing one (and comparing it to other jackets), I have to admit, I think the 5 zip is one of the most easiest leathers to pull off comparatively to other "higher end" designers.
Very forgiving as well for the "older/mature" male as well I would say, as the body is quite forgiving and it's somewhat simple design makes it maybe... timeless.
Edited by shdws - 7/29/13 at 10:25am
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the one i tired on looked exactly the same but i was pressed for time and did not notice the deets. moo and i discussed the thin leather and he thinks it may be a summer leather. Although i think it is possible for barneys to start stocking FW item right now.
no but even for lamb it felt like crap. i had a similar situation when i looked at a hugo boss leather that was really thin and cost around 1k so i asked the SA if it was faux and he said it was lamb. IDK what these brands are using for lamb lately but it feels cheap
i do really like the design but cant buy with that steep price tag
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 seconds ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 26 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 3 minutes ago
- › Big Date - Critique Pics of My Outfit ('bout to Maroon 5 her) 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 10 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 12 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan