Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... Last post on Today at 12:36 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 546
Styleforum Top Picks
Think I'm in love with this jacket, usually I can't see myself in leather jackets but this reversed leather with extended lining BBS has a softer look I'm really drawn to. If only the guy hadn't decided to keep it
If anyone ever sees one of these for sale, PM me and I will be eternally grateful
Well this makes me want to buy it right away.
Has the zipper in the middle instead of the asymmetrical design.
man good stuff on sale
yeah, i was talking to the SAs at the margiela store in london recently, they said exactly the same. i think you need to get the shoulders right on the 5 zip: slightly slouchy is good but too big and it looks droopy and unflattering. FWIW the measurements on oki-ni seem accurate.
Edited by robinsongreen68 - 7/22/13 at 9:44am
So my Zam Barrett leather arrived today. It is fucking awesome.
I guess it was a custom order––the "Inner Leather" model from a couple seasons ago, though with 2013's leather set. And the leather is nice. Heavy calf (like 5 pounds of it) with some serious grain, though with enough variation throughout the jacket to provide some ~visual interest~. I'm not really a leather kind of guy––I've only owned a lamb TOJ 2010DR and a paper-thin Damir so I can't really compare the leather. I will say that it's sliiiiiightly less supple and buttery than the TOJ, but it's still very substantial and just... good, though in a rougher way. Feels like a suit of armor. And if the arm creases I'm already getting are any indication, it'll break in beautifully.
Deets: Double riri zips, double zip pockets with recursive pockets within, two internal single zip pockets, zippers everywhere basically. Body is lined with heavy black cotton, sleeves with this cool slubby purple-green cotton. Fuck-off snaps on the cuffs. Irregular stitching on the placket. Overlocked seams throughout. Really nice construction, especially on the back.
I was a little worried, but all fears vanished as soon as I put it on. The overlocked seams are a nice touch, and though I'm not totally crazy about the red leather lining the pockets, you can't really see it. I've been looking for a high neck leather for a long time, and this is the perfect alternative to the busier designs of BBS and Rick. There's just enough going on. It's something you'd fight post-nuclear cannibal bandits in. Something for space nomads or cyberpunk street monks. It's a weird jacket, but it's also super wearable. To quote a certain styleforum fixture's immortal review of his TOJ:
"This jacket fucking reeks of sex."
Ok, maybe not sex, but this jacket definitely fucking reeks of flawless craftsmanship, execution, and really nice materials. Which is basically the same thing, right? also the leather smells really nice
Some fit pics:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
worn with Lumen et Umbra shirt and Cloak jeans. Not actually what I wore today as it's stupid hot and humid
and sum DEETS
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Visvim Mesa Moc Folk, Brown Bison Leather, Sz, 100% Authentic 12 seconds ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 23 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HEARD THE NEWS, PREPPY? IT'S THE $25 HERMES BLOW-OUT -- ONLY FOUR... 6 minutes ago
- › Charles Tyrwhitt Reviews and Fitting 9 minutes ago
- › New gap denim 11 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 11 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 14 minutes ago
- › Tour De France is Boring 16 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...