Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on Yesterday at 9:36 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 546
Styleforum Top Picks
Think I'm in love with this jacket, usually I can't see myself in leather jackets but this reversed leather with extended lining BBS has a softer look I'm really drawn to. If only the guy hadn't decided to keep it
If anyone ever sees one of these for sale, PM me and I will be eternally grateful
Well this makes me want to buy it right away.
Has the zipper in the middle instead of the asymmetrical design.
man good stuff on sale
yeah, i was talking to the SAs at the margiela store in london recently, they said exactly the same. i think you need to get the shoulders right on the 5 zip: slightly slouchy is good but too big and it looks droopy and unflattering. FWIW the measurements on oki-ni seem accurate.
Edited by robinsongreen68 - 7/22/13 at 9:44am
So my Zam Barrett leather arrived today. It is fucking awesome.
I guess it was a custom order––the "Inner Leather" model from a couple seasons ago, though with 2013's leather set. And the leather is nice. Heavy calf (like 5 pounds of it) with some serious grain, though with enough variation throughout the jacket to provide some ~visual interest~. I'm not really a leather kind of guy––I've only owned a lamb TOJ 2010DR and a paper-thin Damir so I can't really compare the leather. I will say that it's sliiiiiightly less supple and buttery than the TOJ, but it's still very substantial and just... good, though in a rougher way. Feels like a suit of armor. And if the arm creases I'm already getting are any indication, it'll break in beautifully.
Deets: Double riri zips, double zip pockets with recursive pockets within, two internal single zip pockets, zippers everywhere basically. Body is lined with heavy black cotton, sleeves with this cool slubby purple-green cotton. Fuck-off snaps on the cuffs. Irregular stitching on the placket. Overlocked seams throughout. Really nice construction, especially on the back.
I was a little worried, but all fears vanished as soon as I put it on. The overlocked seams are a nice touch, and though I'm not totally crazy about the red leather lining the pockets, you can't really see it. I've been looking for a high neck leather for a long time, and this is the perfect alternative to the busier designs of BBS and Rick. There's just enough going on. It's something you'd fight post-nuclear cannibal bandits in. Something for space nomads or cyberpunk street monks. It's a weird jacket, but it's also super wearable. To quote a certain styleforum fixture's immortal review of his TOJ:
"This jacket fucking reeks of sex."
Ok, maybe not sex, but this jacket definitely fucking reeks of flawless craftsmanship, execution, and really nice materials. Which is basically the same thing, right? also the leather smells really nice
Some fit pics:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
worn with Lumen et Umbra shirt and Cloak jeans. Not actually what I wore today as it's stupid hot and humid
and sum DEETS
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 7 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › April 77 Tropìc Black Martini Size S Sold Out 19 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 20 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 28 minutes ago
- › The Kooples 3 Buttons Dark Navy Blazer Jacket Size 44 32 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 32 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 35 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015