mine has riri zips, so does the new shearling, if anything the incarnation has thin zips
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:35 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 7/27/16 at 2:36am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 539post #8071 of 161547/9/13 at 12:53pmpost #8072 of 161547/9/13 at 2:39pmI bought this 5 zip at 50% off yesterday from MrPorter in a 48 - the last one in stock. I'd been looking for one in white calf at a decent price for ages and had almost pulled the trigger a day earlier at 30% off.
Anyway, I got an email from customer service this morning saying there was a mistake in their inventory and they "couldn't locate" the jacket in a 48 so my order had been cancelled. Have to wait a few days for the pending payment to disappear on my credit card.post #8073 of 161547/9/13 at 4:12pmpost #8074 of 161547/9/13 at 10:40pmQuote:
Oh shit. I hate when that happens.post #8075 of 161547/9/13 at 10:46pmpost #8076 of 161547/10/13 at 11:51ampost #8077 of 161547/10/13 at 1:59pmpost #8078 of 161547/10/13 at 3:08pmpost #8079 of 161547/10/13 at 4:10pmQuote:
I found a few Rick leathers over that period that I liked and thought they had acceptable quality, perhaps I can't gauge quality which is okay with me I suppose.
My main problem with recent Rick leathers has been design not quality.post #8080 of 161547/10/13 at 4:14pmQuote:
That thing was ridiculous. The arms had the diameter of a garden hose, and the body was a barrel. I don't know what body type could look right in that.
It would be a huge leap forward if he got the fit right in the new version, which looks okay to me based on internet pics.post #8081 of 161547/10/13 at 4:16pmpost #8082 of 161547/10/13 at 4:41pmQuote:
The one that i own feels like butter and is pretty thick. It's fw12 washed lamb, rover modelpost #8083 of 161547/10/13 at 4:47pmpost #8084 of 161547/11/13 at 9:31amQuote:
Seriously . . .
It's people like you who spread this almost made to sound like "fact", that ALL Rick leather has gone to crap, sick of hearing it.
Each season has its strong and weak leathers, hell not even just Rick, I am sure many other designers are not always 100% consistent on providing "quality"
It's like saying for example, Balmain leather jackets or biker jeans of today is pathetic compared to years ago when Decarnin was designer, yet people still buy into it.
Or Margiela is now on the whole is crap, as he hasn't been there for a long time, yet people still buy the 5 zips and GATs
And I honestly doubt you have handled every single Rick leather each season and that is the TRUTH.
Edited by shdws - 7/11/13 at 9:43ampost #8085 of 161547/11/13 at 10:12am
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 50 seconds ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 50 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 52 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › What is wrong with Brioni? 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Polo Extravaganza Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, Penguin size M 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding