mine has riri zips, so does the new shearling, if anything the incarnation has thin zips
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 2:17 am in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 2/9/17 at 7:45am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 539post #8071 of 171327/9/13 at 12:53pmpost #8072 of 171327/9/13 at 2:39pmI bought this 5 zip at 50% off yesterday from MrPorter in a 48 - the last one in stock. I'd been looking for one in white calf at a decent price for ages and had almost pulled the trigger a day earlier at 30% off.
Anyway, I got an email from customer service this morning saying there was a mistake in their inventory and they "couldn't locate" the jacket in a 48 so my order had been cancelled. Have to wait a few days for the pending payment to disappear on my credit card.post #8073 of 171327/9/13 at 4:12pmpost #8074 of 171327/9/13 at 10:40pmQuote:
Oh shit. I hate when that happens.post #8075 of 171327/9/13 at 10:46pmpost #8076 of 171327/10/13 at 11:51ampost #8077 of 171327/10/13 at 1:59pmpost #8078 of 171327/10/13 at 3:08pmpost #8079 of 171327/10/13 at 4:10pmQuote:
I found a few Rick leathers over that period that I liked and thought they had acceptable quality, perhaps I can't gauge quality which is okay with me I suppose.
My main problem with recent Rick leathers has been design not quality.post #8080 of 171327/10/13 at 4:14pmQuote:
That thing was ridiculous. The arms had the diameter of a garden hose, and the body was a barrel. I don't know what body type could look right in that.
It would be a huge leap forward if he got the fit right in the new version, which looks okay to me based on internet pics.post #8081 of 171327/10/13 at 4:16pmpost #8082 of 171327/10/13 at 4:41pmQuote:
The one that i own feels like butter and is pretty thick. It's fw12 washed lamb, rover modelpost #8083 of 171327/10/13 at 4:47pmpost #8084 of 171327/11/13 at 9:31amQuote:
Seriously . . .
It's people like you who spread this almost made to sound like "fact", that ALL Rick leather has gone to crap, sick of hearing it.
Each season has its strong and weak leathers, hell not even just Rick, I am sure many other designers are not always 100% consistent on providing "quality"
It's like saying for example, Balmain leather jackets or biker jeans of today is pathetic compared to years ago when Decarnin was designer, yet people still buy into it.
Or Margiela is now on the whole is crap, as he hasn't been there for a long time, yet people still buy the 5 zips and GATs
And I honestly doubt you have handled every single Rick leather each season and that is the TRUTH.
Edited by shdws - 7/11/13 at 9:43ampost #8085 of 171327/11/13 at 10:12am
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 46 seconds ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 55 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Junkard Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 4 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 4 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 5 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett and Jones x Frans Boone Coniston (Brown Scotch Grain) -... 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...