Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 10:22 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 5/14/16 at 4:24pm in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 526post #7876 of 159056/17/13 at 5:20pmpost #7877 of 159056/17/13 at 5:21pmpost #7878 of 159056/17/13 at 5:27pmpost #7879 of 159056/17/13 at 6:11pmpost #7880 of 159056/18/13 at 12:21am
You kidding right? where have you been lol?
If anything Balmain to me has offered some of most sensible timeless leathers with a unique design compared to your other higher end designers out there, even though its price is almost double that of it's competitors.
Sure high necks/weird zipper placements/ excess zippers/ asymmetric designs are nice, but you aint gonna wear that gear when you're in your late 30s,early 40s, you'd look so out of place. But then again ...hey maybe when I reach that age I'll be one of those "guys" taking my kid out to get ice cream while looking like a baller, or "trying" to.
Having said, Balmain, BAM!.post #7881 of 159056/18/13 at 12:39ampost #7882 of 159056/18/13 at 1:08am
point accepted kind sir, .
To discuss though, it is really a personal opinion anyway, I like to admit, I like buying specific items from higher end designers.
Regardless of my purpose for this instance it can be said by many, ones purchases are for the purpose of "appreciation of designer", "aesthetics/design", "I just want to be peacock" yadda yadda yadda. One really has to question, do I really fit into the category? does it suit me? this is where I think age comes to play.
It would be a complete lie for many to say, to drop 1k on a jacket and to say "I buy the clothes not caring what I look like"....but then of course this is a grey area.
So the question then... based on what I just said above, at what age should you learn to accept you are really too old? or maybe age will never come into play. I for one don't want to wear a leather jacket that literally covers half my face, paired with drop pants and Rick dunks when I'm 40, that is just me, but then who knows....only time will tell.
Sidenote: Could you imagine your father wearing all Avant Garde?
Just the thought of high tops with skinny jeans on a random old man with the hairline of a baby makes me cringe or just the thought of my friends fathers wearing what I consider clothing catered for younger people is kinda funny, it's like they are trying too hard to grasp hold of youth and not accepting the reality.
Edited by shdws - 6/18/13 at 1:18ampost #7883 of 159056/18/13 at 1:23ampost #7884 of 159056/18/13 at 3:11amYou're never too old to be well dressed, or have an interest in clothing. Particular styles lend themselves to different age brackets, but that shouldn't limit you. If you've got the swag, then why not?
While I couldn't see my dad wearing avant garde clothing, i can see him wearing an A2 leather quite easily at his age and beyondpost #7885 of 159056/18/13 at 1:37pmpost #7886 of 159056/18/13 at 1:40pmpost #7887 of 159056/18/13 at 1:50pmpost #7888 of 159056/18/13 at 5:35pmpost #7889 of 159056/18/13 at 9:38pmQuote:
Lenny looks cool in the RO, the usole ccps he wears occasionally areQuote:Originally Posted by RFX45
Kravitz is actually 50 years old now (this year).
I believe this one is suede.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
wow thats coolpost #7890 of 159056/19/13 at 12:30am
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Solito Thread 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 14 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 21 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 22 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 37 minutes ago
- › 2016 MLB Season Thread 41 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 45 minutes ago
- › The Ted Cruz Thread 47 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 51 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding