If you wash your jacket it will get slimmer but be careful not to destroy it. I've seen a thread dealing with this subject either on this forum or stylezeitgeist. It gives you step-by-step instruction on how to wash your jacket. Note though, that not only the jacket will shrink but the material itself will alter - it's gonna become more wrinkled and distressed. Another option would be to take your jacket to a good tailor and see what he can offer you in terms of altering your jacket.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 3:22 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on Today at 4:07 am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 523post #7831 of 152556/9/13 at 2:25pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7832 of 152556/9/13 at 3:09pmpost #7833 of 152556/9/13 at 3:27pmpost #7834 of 152556/9/13 at 3:33pmpost #7835 of 152556/9/13 at 6:37pmpost #7836 of 152556/9/13 at 6:54pmpost #7837 of 152556/9/13 at 10:16pmpost #7838 of 152556/10/13 at 8:28pmi've dry cleaned 2 leather jackets (one of them being the blistered intarsia) and washed a leather sleeved varsity. all had minimum to zero shrinkage (virtually no difference felt when worn). the only thing that changed was the texture and feel of the leather it self. dryed out and literally squeaky clean.post #7839 of 152556/12/13 at 10:58ampost #7840 of 152556/12/13 at 11:12ampost #7841 of 152556/12/13 at 11:22amOddly enough Gilt had the 30% coupon again. I guess they really want me to buy something.
No loss in trying it out. Last RO I tried was a 48 and it was fairly slim. Same model I believe but in distressed black lamb..
If the fit is nice I just hope it is not some second tier RO
The only thing is that white leather may not be the best choice as a first leather hehepost #7842 of 152556/12/13 at 11:26ampost #7843 of 152556/12/13 at 11:37ampost #7844 of 152556/12/13 at 11:42amIs the 30% off like $30 max though? Because Gilt can be misleading like that.
And this is your first leather Toasty? A white blistered leather is not the most ideal first leather jacket but if you like it and it fits, why not?
While it is a Russian Roulette when it comes to RO sizing, most fit really slim and it is usually just a size discrepancy. That looks like a Mollino though, which I would say is cut less slim than Intarsia but also depends on the season.
Worth a shot though as you said so good luck!
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Currently, there are 1523 Active Users (386 Members and 1137 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 21 seconds ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 38 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 57 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Quality and Properties 2 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 5 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...