If you wash your jacket it will get slimmer but be careful not to destroy it. I've seen a thread dealing with this subject either on this forum or stylezeitgeist. It gives you step-by-step instruction on how to wash your jacket. Note though, that not only the jacket will shrink but the material itself will alter - it's gonna become more wrinkled and distressed. Another option would be to take your jacket to a good tailor and see what he can offer you in terms of altering your jacket.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 9/30/15 at 9:57am in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 10/2/15 at 7:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 523post #7831 of 148476/9/13 at 2:25pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7832 of 148476/9/13 at 3:09pmpost #7833 of 148476/9/13 at 3:27pmpost #7834 of 148476/9/13 at 3:33pmpost #7835 of 148476/9/13 at 6:37pmpost #7836 of 148476/9/13 at 6:54pmpost #7837 of 148476/9/13 at 10:16pmpost #7838 of 148476/10/13 at 8:28pmi've dry cleaned 2 leather jackets (one of them being the blistered intarsia) and washed a leather sleeved varsity. all had minimum to zero shrinkage (virtually no difference felt when worn). the only thing that changed was the texture and feel of the leather it self. dryed out and literally squeaky clean.post #7839 of 148476/12/13 at 10:58ampost #7840 of 148476/12/13 at 11:12ampost #7841 of 148476/12/13 at 11:22amOddly enough Gilt had the 30% coupon again. I guess they really want me to buy something.
No loss in trying it out. Last RO I tried was a 48 and it was fairly slim. Same model I believe but in distressed black lamb..
If the fit is nice I just hope it is not some second tier RO
The only thing is that white leather may not be the best choice as a first leather hehepost #7842 of 148476/12/13 at 11:26ampost #7843 of 148476/12/13 at 11:37ampost #7844 of 148476/12/13 at 11:42amIs the 30% off like $30 max though? Because Gilt can be misleading like that.
And this is your first leather Toasty? A white blistered leather is not the most ideal first leather jacket but if you like it and it fits, why not?
While it is a Russian Roulette when it comes to RO sizing, most fit really slim and it is usually just a size discrepancy. That looks like a Mollino though, which I would say is cut less slim than Intarsia but also depends on the season.
Worth a shot though as you said so good luck!
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
Styleforum Top Picks
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn Outerwear
Currently, there are 1806 Active Users (354 Members and 1452 Guests)
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 7 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 54 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov... 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Eastland 7 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...