Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 9:05 am in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on Today at 8:28 am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 495
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7412 of 149733/8/13 at 3:41pm
From the seller:Quote:
the seam to seam chest measurements are truly 19" (or maybe 1/4 or so more).
When folded totally flat, the overall width of the chest measures about 21.5" (54.5 cm).
I'm 5.7, 165lbs. It fits me great, but a taller guy can totally wear it too, it will just fall a little shorter and its obviously meant to be a short, fairly tight fit.
Seems like it'd be good for a 48 / slim 50.post #7413 of 149733/8/13 at 3:57pmpost #7414 of 149733/8/13 at 3:59pmpost #7415 of 149733/8/13 at 4:01pmpost #7416 of 149733/8/13 at 4:09pmQuote:
Seems big. I think mine is from SS 2010 or 2011 in size 48, and it's 18-18.5" in the shoulders, 20.5" in the chest, and 18.5" at the waist.post #7417 of 149733/11/13 at 1:03pmpost #7418 of 149733/11/13 at 1:07pmpost #7419 of 149733/11/13 at 1:15pmpost #7420 of 149733/11/13 at 1:17pmpost #7421 of 149733/11/13 at 1:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by americanhearts
There's a really elegant-looking 5-zip in the market right now. Too small for me, unfortunately.
the measurements on this are pretty strange, really wide shoulder relative to the other measurements. Looks like this jacket has gone through some mileage based on the description.Quote:
I enjoy it - just really easy to throw on with anything.
The ideal configuration would still be the OG from pre-2004, in black calf / MRS zippers (missed out on one last year, should've grabbed it).
next would probably be the version Fuuma has from 2006, in black deerskin / Riri zipperspost #7422 of 149733/11/13 at 1:39pmThe suede one is mine. I've never seen a 5 zip that didn't have wide shoulder measurements, having owned one previously and tried on several. Could be that the suede is measuring strangely compared to normal leather, but it fits the same.
The one you list in the middle there is definitely the best made. Impolyt_1 has that, or a variant. Nearly impossible to find and run $2k+ if you're between 44-48. So amazing, though.
The bottom one is a configuration I've tried on and seen multiple times. I think the zips and especially the pulls, are way too small for the design (and yep, the shoulders were wide while the body was slim).post #7423 of 149733/11/13 at 5:34pmpost #7424 of 149733/11/13 at 5:53pm
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Eidos Napoli 17 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 20 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Mirror Shoe Shine Problem 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories