Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 2:17 am in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 2/9/17 at 7:45am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 495post #7412 of 171343/8/13 at 3:59pmpost #7413 of 171343/8/13 at 4:01pmpost #7414 of 171343/8/13 at 4:09pmQuote:
Seems big. I think mine is from SS 2010 or 2011 in size 48, and it's 18-18.5" in the shoulders, 20.5" in the chest, and 18.5" at the waist.post #7415 of 171343/11/13 at 1:03pmpost #7416 of 171343/11/13 at 1:07pmpost #7417 of 171343/11/13 at 1:15pmpost #7418 of 171343/11/13 at 1:17pmpost #7419 of 171343/11/13 at 1:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by americanhearts
There's a really elegant-looking 5-zip in the market right now. Too small for me, unfortunately.
the measurements on this are pretty strange, really wide shoulder relative to the other measurements. Looks like this jacket has gone through some mileage based on the description.Quote:
I enjoy it - just really easy to throw on with anything.
The ideal configuration would still be the OG from pre-2004, in black calf / MRS zippers (missed out on one last year, should've grabbed it).
next would probably be the version Fuuma has from 2006, in black deerskin / Riri zipperspost #7420 of 171343/11/13 at 1:39pmThe suede one is mine. I've never seen a 5 zip that didn't have wide shoulder measurements, having owned one previously and tried on several. Could be that the suede is measuring strangely compared to normal leather, but it fits the same.
The one you list in the middle there is definitely the best made. Impolyt_1 has that, or a variant. Nearly impossible to find and run $2k+ if you're between 44-48. So amazing, though.
The bottom one is a configuration I've tried on and seen multiple times. I think the zips and especially the pulls, are way too small for the design (and yep, the shoulders were wide while the body was slim).post #7421 of 171343/11/13 at 5:34pmpost #7422 of 171343/11/13 at 5:53pmpost #7423 of 171343/11/13 at 10:20pmpost #7424 of 171343/12/13 at 8:59pmHere are a couple of (poor) pics of 2 jackets i recently got online via a friend from japan.
The blue one is 2nd hand but i loved the faded blue (rather than the new bright dsquared ones etc). All up ~100 and ~300 for the blue and black, respectively.
Also have another brown Johnbull one which is my fave of the bunch.
I find that most jackets available in Australia don't fit me well. Even 'Viparo', mentioned earlier on this thread are too large. Sure they say its slim fit, but the sleeves, length and waist area are too 'generic loose', if that makes sense. I recall trying the smallest size they had, and while it fit my shoulders and chest perfectly, everything else was long or loose.post #7425 of 171343/14/13 at 4:20pm
Does anybody have any recs for sculptured leather jackets to fit short dudes? For more traditional styles the Japanese workwear brands work well, but I'm having trouble finding something along the lines of Rick, Julius, Obscur, etc. I have a 27-28 inch waist and stand 5'6", but I work out pretty regularly and weigh about 150 with much of it in the chest and shoulders.
Depending on the model, I can get a snug though flattering fit in Julius wearing a 2 or 3, but that puts the sleeves well over my hands. From looking at most measurements, it seems like Rick would be the same deal. Am I doomed?
Thinking I may just go for a ToJ MDR and give up on my dreams of high collars.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 7 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 8 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 18 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 19 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 23 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 26 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 32 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › How to Buy a Women Dress Online That Puts on...
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway