Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 8:56 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 7/6/16 at 11:38am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 495post #7412 of 161203/8/13 at 3:59pmpost #7413 of 161203/8/13 at 4:01pmpost #7414 of 161203/8/13 at 4:09pmQuote:
Seems big. I think mine is from SS 2010 or 2011 in size 48, and it's 18-18.5" in the shoulders, 20.5" in the chest, and 18.5" at the waist.post #7415 of 161203/11/13 at 1:03pmpost #7416 of 161203/11/13 at 1:07pmpost #7417 of 161203/11/13 at 1:15pmpost #7418 of 161203/11/13 at 1:17pmpost #7419 of 161203/11/13 at 1:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by americanhearts
There's a really elegant-looking 5-zip in the market right now. Too small for me, unfortunately.
the measurements on this are pretty strange, really wide shoulder relative to the other measurements. Looks like this jacket has gone through some mileage based on the description.Quote:
I enjoy it - just really easy to throw on with anything.
The ideal configuration would still be the OG from pre-2004, in black calf / MRS zippers (missed out on one last year, should've grabbed it).
next would probably be the version Fuuma has from 2006, in black deerskin / Riri zipperspost #7420 of 161203/11/13 at 1:39pmThe suede one is mine. I've never seen a 5 zip that didn't have wide shoulder measurements, having owned one previously and tried on several. Could be that the suede is measuring strangely compared to normal leather, but it fits the same.
The one you list in the middle there is definitely the best made. Impolyt_1 has that, or a variant. Nearly impossible to find and run $2k+ if you're between 44-48. So amazing, though.
The bottom one is a configuration I've tried on and seen multiple times. I think the zips and especially the pulls, are way too small for the design (and yep, the shoulders were wide while the body was slim).post #7421 of 161203/11/13 at 5:34pmpost #7422 of 161203/11/13 at 5:53pmpost #7423 of 161203/11/13 at 10:20pmpost #7424 of 161203/12/13 at 8:59pmHere are a couple of (poor) pics of 2 jackets i recently got online via a friend from japan.
The blue one is 2nd hand but i loved the faded blue (rather than the new bright dsquared ones etc). All up ~100 and ~300 for the blue and black, respectively.
Also have another brown Johnbull one which is my fave of the bunch.
I find that most jackets available in Australia don't fit me well. Even 'Viparo', mentioned earlier on this thread are too large. Sure they say its slim fit, but the sleeves, length and waist area are too 'generic loose', if that makes sense. I recall trying the smallest size they had, and while it fit my shoulders and chest perfectly, everything else was long or loose.post #7425 of 161203/14/13 at 4:20pm
Does anybody have any recs for sculptured leather jackets to fit short dudes? For more traditional styles the Japanese workwear brands work well, but I'm having trouble finding something along the lines of Rick, Julius, Obscur, etc. I have a 27-28 inch waist and stand 5'6", but I work out pretty regularly and weigh about 150 with much of it in the chest and shoulders.
Depending on the model, I can get a snug though flattering fit in Julius wearing a 2 or 3, but that puts the sleeves well over my hands. From looking at most measurements, it seems like Rick would be the same deal. Am I doomed?
Thinking I may just go for a ToJ MDR and give up on my dreams of high collars.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › 2016 MLB Season Thread 39 seconds ago
- › The SW&D Music Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Meermin Oxford Cap Toe Brogued Tan Goodyear Welted (12UK, 13US) 10 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 11 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 16 minutes ago
- › Never lose another button again - Fil Au Chinois - Fil de Lin Extra... 17 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding