or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 494

post #7396 of 10902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post

Anyone familiar with 10 sei otto sizing. What would I get if I am about an L (shoulder span 48-50 cm, chest circum 42 inch*)

My 10 Sei 0 Otto size 48 fits quite snug and I have a 37" chest, so assuming they follow most sizing conventions and go up 2" per size, a size 50 would be slim on a 39" chest, and size 52 slim on a 41" chest. If you're 42" I would probably go for a 54.. I know if I was 1" larger my 10 Sei 0 Otto would probably be too tight.
post #7397 of 10902
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

The jacket really exemplifies the kitch aspect of MMM, which was the best of the label IMO. I tend to be inclined to just rock things that are a little off in sizing (particularly something like this that looks like it was unearthed at a vintage shop) but the hate I get on the forum for that has been swaying me against it lately :/

KJ, this is a fine way of looking at things, but there's a line between items looking kitschy and oversized (good) and sloppy (not good). If the shoulders fit, but the sleeves are long, fine; if the sleeves fit but the shoulders drop a bit, that's fine too - it's when both are off that I think it verges on sloppiness. The whole thing looks fairly droopy in that picture. I shouldn't say that it absolutely doesn't work, but in the low-quality bathroom picture you posted, it certainly doesn't appear to. I hope it works out, but when you're talking about tailoring one or more aspect of every purchase you make, it seems to me that you're just buying things in the wrong size.

I think it looks like a fun piece, though, especially with some loose white trousers and a ridiculous 70's shirt. FWIW, I don't think you get any "hate" at all. Snark, sure, but SF has a way of producing snark when advice is seemingly ignored, though.

Feel absolutely free to post more pictures and prove me completely wrong, though - maybe a full body shot when you're not hunching over with your hands in your pockets?
post #7398 of 10902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post


KJ, this is a fine way of looking at things, but there's a line between items looking kitschy and oversized (good) and sloppy (not good). If the shoulders fit, but the sleeves are long, fine; if the sleeves fit but the shoulders drop a bit, that's fine too - it's when both are off that I think it verges on sloppiness. The whole thing looks fairly droopy in that picture. I shouldn't say that it absolutely doesn't work, but in the low-quality bathroom picture you posted, it certainly doesn't appear to. I hope it works out, but when you're talking about tailoring one or more aspect of every purchase you make, it seems to me that you're just buying things in the wrong size.

I think it looks like a fun piece, though, especially with some loose white trousers and a ridiculous 70's shirt. FWIW, I don't think you get any "hate" at all. Snark, sure, but SF has a way of producing snark when advice is seemingly ignored, though.

Feel absolutely free to post more pictures and prove me completely wrong, though - maybe a full body shot when you're not hunching over with your hands in your pockets?

 

I agree with you on pretty much all points, here, except the one on sizing down.  My issue is that I'm a straight 50 in the chest and shoulders, (maybe slightly smaller than average in the shoulders but not enough to throw anything off), but with the exception of most knits and some shirts I usually end up having to chop off an inch or two in the sleeves.  I think if the sleeves are off on something, it will usually exacerbate anything else wrong with the fit, and makes the whole thing come off as sloppy.

 

I guess what I'm saying is that I probably need to spend the $15 at the tailor before posting pics, or else elucidate better than I did above that it needs to be adjusted before I really wear it.   Here's the jacket with the cuffs flipped up inside the sleeves (excuse the bedhead) and in proper daylight:

 

 

 

 

The sleeves are now a little short and look weird without the cuffs but you get the idea.  The way you described is pretty much exactly how I would style it, too.  Also, aviators.

post #7399 of 10902
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I want to buy this jacket but not sure about the size. Would be nice if you can help out!
Edited by Understatement - 3/4/13 at 6:26am
post #7400 of 10902
please don't buy that
post #7401 of 10902
please don't buy that
post #7402 of 10902

obvious branding like those gucci stripes on that jacket are worse than ed hardy in my opinion.

post #7403 of 10902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Understatement View Post

I want to buy this jacket but not sure about the size. Would be nice if you can help out!
Size 46 fits me exactly like this
http://www.gucci.com/images/ecommerce/styles_new/201305/web_full/171478_XM586_1060_001_web_full.jpg

Do u think this is too small??? Does it look too small on that picture?
The fit is good... the jacket not...
post #7404 of 10902
Quote:
Originally Posted by tellure View Post


My 10 Sei 0 Otto size 48 fits quite snug and I have a 37" chest, so assuming they follow most sizing conventions and go up 2" per size, a size 50 would be slim on a 39" chest, and size 52 slim on a 41" chest. If you're 42" I would probably go for a 54.. I know if I was 1" larger my 10 Sei 0 Otto would probably be too tight.

 

on mine the upperarms/shoulders are definetely the most restrictive part. If you work out a lot, I´d size up to 54 if not 52 could work but will be VERY fitted, maybe too much so.

 

3-4 months old sz 52 (between 41 and 42 chest, shoulders about the same)

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by daversity - 3/4/13 at 11:06am
post #7405 of 10902

daversity, which jacket of theirs is that?

post #7406 of 10902
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac341 View Post

daversity, which jacket of theirs is that?

I assume its an older collection f/w, since it was on yoox. (sold out around november)

it has a woolen inner and woolen set ins in the arms.

http://www.yoox.com/de/59127042JL/item?dept=#sts=orders80

 

was kinda a blind buy, since there was nearly no talk about those jackets to be found anywhere .

But I´m pretty happy with it and in europe I would have been able to return for free.

post #7407 of 10902
Anything you dislike or really like about them?

Thanks!
post #7408 of 10902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post

Anything you dislike or really like about them?

Thanks!

I think they are pretty well done. I like the hardware, despite being no Riri, but some italian (raccagni) TF seems to use them.

The lamb on mine is substantial and feels like it could age well, if the woolen set ins last that long.

 

A few things to dislike.

With woolen inner and inserts in arms it is pretty much f/w bound. I´d prefer arm zips over the woolen inserts.

The collar could have done been better. Closed it works well, but I prefer to wear the jacket open and open it tends to lay down instead of standing.

With all the talk going on yoox has them now at nearly double what I paid not on sale, so it will be much harder to get some blach/grey S/S adequate. shog[1].gif

 

my other leathers have brown tones, which are limited in this regard.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

post #7409 of 10902
How do the fit of leather pieces from margiela in the 90s contrast from the pieces today?
post #7410 of 10902
there were no men's collections in the '90's. Started in F/W99
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?