Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... Last post on Today at 12:13 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 485
Styleforum Top Picks
Thanks again so much people for the feedback and great help.
I decided to keep only the Rick as much as I LOVE the 5 zip, I am really more of a muted person.
I also think I may have pushed my return policy with yoox due to my damned indecisiveness, so if anyone is interested in the mmm do tell, but shipping costs maybe pricey as it's heavy as fk due to the leather....unless you live in Australia just come to mine to pickup!.
I also noticed everyone has just gone nuts on buying the jacket from yoox, only 1 size of 48, and 50 left lol.
I have the size 46 as well if your were wondering
(I may not post up a FS classified as I am just saving it first to pms on those who are interested already)
Edited by shdws - 2/4/13 at 2:48am
First I scoured the surface with a leather-only cleaner (which gave me terrible headaches).
The first coat of dye resulted in a awful uneven purple color. I was like "oh man, what have i done".
But after the second coating, the color was more of a dark brown with burgundy hues. I liked the result and decided to keep it that way. A third coating would have resulted in a plain black color, but I dont wear much black.
Then I applied Saphir leather care cream with a horsehair brush for a nice finish. Pretty happy with the final result.
(excuse the terrible pics, my camera sucks)
During the dyeing and glazing part I could see the hide drinking the products. That thing was craving for a treatment !
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › Cantarelli Super Lightweight Cashmere Sport Coat IT54 3 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015