Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 9:17 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on Yesterday at 7:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 485post #7261 of 148562/2/13 at 2:04am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7262 of 148562/2/13 at 6:22ampost #7263 of 148562/2/13 at 10:32pmpost #7264 of 148562/2/13 at 10:33pmpost #7265 of 148562/2/13 at 11:26pmpost #7266 of 148562/4/13 at 1:34am
Thanks again so much people for the feedback and great help.
I decided to keep only the Rick as much as I LOVE the 5 zip, I am really more of a muted person.
I also think I may have pushed my return policy with yoox due to my damned indecisiveness, so if anyone is interested in the mmm do tell, but shipping costs maybe pricey as it's heavy as fk due to the leather....unless you live in Australia just come to mine to pickup!.
I also noticed everyone has just gone nuts on buying the jacket from yoox, only 1 size of 48, and 50 left lol.
I have the size 46 as well if your were wondering
(I may not post up a FS classified as I am just saving it first to pms on those who are interested already)
Edited by shdws - 2/4/13 at 2:48ampost #7267 of 148562/6/13 at 2:30ampost #7268 of 148562/7/13 at 12:05ampost #7269 of 148562/8/13 at 8:58ampost #7270 of 148562/8/13 at 9:01ampost #7271 of 148562/8/13 at 10:02ampost #7272 of 148562/8/13 at 12:17pmpost #7273 of 148562/8/13 at 3:14pmSo I bought a red 5 zip from Yoox and some Saphir black dye solution.
First I scoured the surface with a leather-only cleaner (which gave me terrible headaches).
The first coat of dye resulted in a awful uneven purple color. I was like "oh man, what have i done".
But after the second coating, the color was more of a dark brown with burgundy hues. I liked the result and decided to keep it that way. A third coating would have resulted in a plain black color, but I dont wear much black.
Then I applied Saphir leather care cream with a horsehair brush for a nice finish. Pretty happy with the final result.
(excuse the terrible pics, my camera sucks)
During the dyeing and glazing part I could see the hide drinking the products. That thing was craving for a treatment !post #7274 of 148562/8/13 at 3:15pm
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn Outerwear
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 16 seconds ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 31 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 4 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth