Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 8:32 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 7/6/16 at 11:38am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 485post #7261 of 161282/2/13 at 2:04ampost #7262 of 161282/2/13 at 6:22ampost #7263 of 161282/2/13 at 10:32pmpost #7264 of 161282/2/13 at 10:33pmpost #7265 of 161282/2/13 at 11:26pmpost #7266 of 161282/4/13 at 1:34am
Thanks again so much people for the feedback and great help.
I decided to keep only the Rick as much as I LOVE the 5 zip, I am really more of a muted person.
I also think I may have pushed my return policy with yoox due to my damned indecisiveness, so if anyone is interested in the mmm do tell, but shipping costs maybe pricey as it's heavy as fk due to the leather....unless you live in Australia just come to mine to pickup!.
I also noticed everyone has just gone nuts on buying the jacket from yoox, only 1 size of 48, and 50 left lol.
I have the size 46 as well if your were wondering
(I may not post up a FS classified as I am just saving it first to pms on those who are interested already)
Edited by shdws - 2/4/13 at 2:48ampost #7267 of 161282/6/13 at 2:30ampost #7268 of 161282/7/13 at 12:05ampost #7269 of 161282/8/13 at 8:58ampost #7270 of 161282/8/13 at 9:01ampost #7271 of 161282/8/13 at 10:02ampost #7272 of 161282/8/13 at 12:17pmpost #7273 of 161282/8/13 at 3:14pmSo I bought a red 5 zip from Yoox and some Saphir black dye solution.
First I scoured the surface with a leather-only cleaner (which gave me terrible headaches).
The first coat of dye resulted in a awful uneven purple color. I was like "oh man, what have i done".
But after the second coating, the color was more of a dark brown with burgundy hues. I liked the result and decided to keep it that way. A third coating would have resulted in a plain black color, but I dont wear much black.
Then I applied Saphir leather care cream with a horsehair brush for a nice finish. Pretty happy with the final result.
(excuse the terrible pics, my camera sucks)
During the dyeing and glazing part I could see the hide drinking the products. That thing was craving for a treatment !post #7274 of 161282/8/13 at 3:15pmpost #7275 of 161282/8/13 at 3:22pm
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 49 seconds ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 minutes ago
- › 7-8 drop! New Edward Green Dundee Veldtschoen Size 10 / 10.5 E58... 12 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 15 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 17 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding