Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 10/25/16 at 1:23pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 10/23/16 at 3:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 481post #7202 of 164501/19/13 at 9:55ampost #7203 of 164501/19/13 at 10:12ampost #7204 of 164501/19/13 at 11:19amI want to buy a great biker jacket, do you guys think the new Saint Laurent Leather Jackets are worth the 3000 Euro or 5000 Dollar?
http://media.ysl.com/images/450x564/313504_Y5HAD_1000_A-ysl-saint-laurent-paris-men-motorcycle-jacket-in-black-leather-450x564.jpgpost #7205 of 164501/19/13 at 11:27amlol no
SLP has a ridiculous name based mark up. And that leather has some ugly details (weird pocked and horizontal zip). You should get a TOJ or something else of equal quality for 1k and then send me the remaining 4k.
all joking aside, i would not feel like i got my 5ks worth with that.post #7206 of 164501/19/13 at 11:37ampost #7207 of 164501/19/13 at 11:54ampost #7208 of 164501/19/13 at 12:03pmslp's quality will be better, but not 5 times better. i'm guessing visvim or undercoverism's perfectos would be equal or better quality as slp but i've never handled them so can't say.
what you pay for is a nice jacket, a brand name, millions in advertising, heidi's mansion(s), PPR's shareholders and board.
if you can afford it, i dont see why not. but if you have to save up for it, i'm not sure it will be worth all that trouble (unless you just really want to own a slp leather jacket).post #7209 of 164501/19/13 at 12:09pmCan anyone recommend any affordable GREY leather jackets. Not looking to spend anywhere near what most of these seem to go for, just a similar style.
Looking for something slim cut, high armholes, lightweight leather. Also prefer the wrinkled/distressed look
I like to more basic Rick Owens, Julius looks. The dior homme as well.
I also like this color too!post #7210 of 164501/19/13 at 12:16pmQuote:
I'm not really trying to knock ToJ because I haven't handled any but you realize that this is like saying that Ford makes the best cars because the CEO of Ford says so, right?post #7211 of 164501/19/13 at 12:27pmQuote:
I think anyone who's handled Toj plus high-end designer leathers would come to the same conclusion. I have, at least.
I would be surprised if SLP was as good quality as Toj, truly. The incentive for them to put in the work isn't there. People like this guy are going to buy it because its Hedi Slimane so it must be special.post #7212 of 164501/19/13 at 12:34pmjust to clarify, not saying that the SLP will be bad quality but like someone else said not 5x. And I rather have a leather that fits me perfectly than one that kinda fits me but not quite since it was not made to my measurements.
you pay for the name game.
also the design is still pretty ugly with the flap pocket and the weird side zip. But if you really like those details and you got money to blow then do it up. I just did not like those details. they looked like something you like at first sight and then a few days later you are like wtf was i thinking.post #7213 of 164501/19/13 at 1:23pmThe thing is i live in europe, so if i order TOJ, there will be + 20% Tax, further more i have only one chance to get the right fit as it will be too complicated to return or exchange the jacket. So in the end i maybe will pay double the price for SLP but can try all the sizes first and take a look at the actual jacket in the store before buying. Plus its Hedi, so i may give it a try.. Concerning A nice Biker Jacket, do you maybe know something similar or better in leather quality which is accessable more easily from europe?post #7214 of 164501/19/13 at 1:53pmpost #7215 of 164501/19/13 at 4:47pmQuote:
I dunno weird thing is that leather lost a lot of its appeal among people. Theres a guy still selling a black one on sufu for super low and no one bites. Dunno if that sa good enough barometer for its popularity but it is what it is.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Currently, there are 1374 Active Users (309 Members and 1065 Guests)
- › Official Sales Alert thread 39 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 2 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...