Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 8:29 am in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on Yesterday at 3:31 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 481post #7202 of 160751/19/13 at 9:55ampost #7203 of 160751/19/13 at 10:12ampost #7204 of 160751/19/13 at 11:19amI want to buy a great biker jacket, do you guys think the new Saint Laurent Leather Jackets are worth the 3000 Euro or 5000 Dollar?
http://media.ysl.com/images/450x564/313504_Y5HAD_1000_A-ysl-saint-laurent-paris-men-motorcycle-jacket-in-black-leather-450x564.jpgpost #7205 of 160751/19/13 at 11:27amlol no
SLP has a ridiculous name based mark up. And that leather has some ugly details (weird pocked and horizontal zip). You should get a TOJ or something else of equal quality for 1k and then send me the remaining 4k.
all joking aside, i would not feel like i got my 5ks worth with that.post #7206 of 160751/19/13 at 11:37ampost #7207 of 160751/19/13 at 11:54ampost #7208 of 160751/19/13 at 12:03pmslp's quality will be better, but not 5 times better. i'm guessing visvim or undercoverism's perfectos would be equal or better quality as slp but i've never handled them so can't say.
what you pay for is a nice jacket, a brand name, millions in advertising, heidi's mansion(s), PPR's shareholders and board.
if you can afford it, i dont see why not. but if you have to save up for it, i'm not sure it will be worth all that trouble (unless you just really want to own a slp leather jacket).post #7209 of 160751/19/13 at 12:09pmCan anyone recommend any affordable GREY leather jackets. Not looking to spend anywhere near what most of these seem to go for, just a similar style.
Looking for something slim cut, high armholes, lightweight leather. Also prefer the wrinkled/distressed look
I like to more basic Rick Owens, Julius looks. The dior homme as well.
I also like this color too!post #7210 of 160751/19/13 at 12:16pmQuote:
I'm not really trying to knock ToJ because I haven't handled any but you realize that this is like saying that Ford makes the best cars because the CEO of Ford says so, right?post #7211 of 160751/19/13 at 12:27pmQuote:
I think anyone who's handled Toj plus high-end designer leathers would come to the same conclusion. I have, at least.
I would be surprised if SLP was as good quality as Toj, truly. The incentive for them to put in the work isn't there. People like this guy are going to buy it because its Hedi Slimane so it must be special.post #7212 of 160751/19/13 at 12:34pmjust to clarify, not saying that the SLP will be bad quality but like someone else said not 5x. And I rather have a leather that fits me perfectly than one that kinda fits me but not quite since it was not made to my measurements.
you pay for the name game.
also the design is still pretty ugly with the flap pocket and the weird side zip. But if you really like those details and you got money to blow then do it up. I just did not like those details. they looked like something you like at first sight and then a few days later you are like wtf was i thinking.post #7213 of 160751/19/13 at 1:23pmThe thing is i live in europe, so if i order TOJ, there will be + 20% Tax, further more i have only one chance to get the right fit as it will be too complicated to return or exchange the jacket. So in the end i maybe will pay double the price for SLP but can try all the sizes first and take a look at the actual jacket in the store before buying. Plus its Hedi, so i may give it a try.. Concerning A nice Biker Jacket, do you maybe know something similar or better in leather quality which is accessable more easily from europe?post #7214 of 160751/19/13 at 1:53pmpost #7215 of 160751/19/13 at 4:47pmQuote:
I dunno weird thing is that leather lost a lot of its appeal among people. Theres a guy still selling a black one on sufu for super low and no one bites. Dunno if that sa good enough barometer for its popularity but it is what it is.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Currently, there are 1361 Active Users (281 Members and 1080 Guests)
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 53 seconds ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 11 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 18 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 26 minutes ago
- › The OCBD collar roll thread 26 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 26 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 32 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding