Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on Yesterday at 12:55 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 481
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7202 of 152801/19/13 at 9:55ampost #7203 of 152801/19/13 at 10:12ampost #7204 of 152801/19/13 at 11:19amI want to buy a great biker jacket, do you guys think the new Saint Laurent Leather Jackets are worth the 3000 Euro or 5000 Dollar?
http://media.ysl.com/images/450x564/313504_Y5HAD_1000_A-ysl-saint-laurent-paris-men-motorcycle-jacket-in-black-leather-450x564.jpgpost #7205 of 152801/19/13 at 11:27amlol no
SLP has a ridiculous name based mark up. And that leather has some ugly details (weird pocked and horizontal zip). You should get a TOJ or something else of equal quality for 1k and then send me the remaining 4k.
all joking aside, i would not feel like i got my 5ks worth with that.post #7206 of 152801/19/13 at 11:37ampost #7207 of 152801/19/13 at 11:54ampost #7208 of 152801/19/13 at 12:03pmslp's quality will be better, but not 5 times better. i'm guessing visvim or undercoverism's perfectos would be equal or better quality as slp but i've never handled them so can't say.
what you pay for is a nice jacket, a brand name, millions in advertising, heidi's mansion(s), PPR's shareholders and board.
if you can afford it, i dont see why not. but if you have to save up for it, i'm not sure it will be worth all that trouble (unless you just really want to own a slp leather jacket).post #7209 of 152801/19/13 at 12:09pmCan anyone recommend any affordable GREY leather jackets. Not looking to spend anywhere near what most of these seem to go for, just a similar style.
Looking for something slim cut, high armholes, lightweight leather. Also prefer the wrinkled/distressed look
I like to more basic Rick Owens, Julius looks. The dior homme as well.
I also like this color too!post #7210 of 152801/19/13 at 12:16pmQuote:
I'm not really trying to knock ToJ because I haven't handled any but you realize that this is like saying that Ford makes the best cars because the CEO of Ford says so, right?post #7211 of 152801/19/13 at 12:27pmQuote:
I think anyone who's handled Toj plus high-end designer leathers would come to the same conclusion. I have, at least.
I would be surprised if SLP was as good quality as Toj, truly. The incentive for them to put in the work isn't there. People like this guy are going to buy it because its Hedi Slimane so it must be special.post #7212 of 152801/19/13 at 12:34pmjust to clarify, not saying that the SLP will be bad quality but like someone else said not 5x. And I rather have a leather that fits me perfectly than one that kinda fits me but not quite since it was not made to my measurements.
you pay for the name game.
also the design is still pretty ugly with the flap pocket and the weird side zip. But if you really like those details and you got money to blow then do it up. I just did not like those details. they looked like something you like at first sight and then a few days later you are like wtf was i thinking.post #7213 of 152801/19/13 at 1:23pmThe thing is i live in europe, so if i order TOJ, there will be + 20% Tax, further more i have only one chance to get the right fit as it will be too complicated to return or exchange the jacket. So in the end i maybe will pay double the price for SLP but can try all the sizes first and take a look at the actual jacket in the store before buying. Plus its Hedi, so i may give it a try.. Concerning A nice Biker Jacket, do you maybe know something similar or better in leather quality which is accessable more easily from europe?post #7214 of 152801/19/13 at 1:53pmpost #7215 of 152801/19/13 at 4:47pmQuote:
I dunno weird thing is that leather lost a lot of its appeal among people. Theres a guy still selling a black one on sufu for super low and no one bites. Dunno if that sa good enough barometer for its popularity but it is what it is.
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Currently, there are 1115 Active Users (245 Members and 870 Guests)
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 6 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › NWT Brooks Brothers Cambridge Navy Blazer 3 Roll 2 11 minutes ago
- › NEW STYLE BOGLIOLI GRAY SLIM FIT 2 BUTTON SUIT 40 REGULAR 40R 11 minutes ago
- › Peal and Co. (C&J) Suede Wingtip Chukka Boots in Olive 8.5D 11 minutes ago
- › Alden x Leffot color 8 Tanker 11D 12 minutes ago
- › NWT Eidos brown micro-houndstooth "Sal" trousers (48) 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...