Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 7:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on Today at 8:05 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 481
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7202 of 148771/19/13 at 9:55ampost #7203 of 148771/19/13 at 10:12ampost #7204 of 148771/19/13 at 11:19amI want to buy a great biker jacket, do you guys think the new Saint Laurent Leather Jackets are worth the 3000 Euro or 5000 Dollar?
http://media.ysl.com/images/450x564/313504_Y5HAD_1000_A-ysl-saint-laurent-paris-men-motorcycle-jacket-in-black-leather-450x564.jpgpost #7205 of 148771/19/13 at 11:27amlol no
SLP has a ridiculous name based mark up. And that leather has some ugly details (weird pocked and horizontal zip). You should get a TOJ or something else of equal quality for 1k and then send me the remaining 4k.
all joking aside, i would not feel like i got my 5ks worth with that.post #7206 of 148771/19/13 at 11:37ampost #7207 of 148771/19/13 at 11:54ampost #7208 of 148771/19/13 at 12:03pmslp's quality will be better, but not 5 times better. i'm guessing visvim or undercoverism's perfectos would be equal or better quality as slp but i've never handled them so can't say.
what you pay for is a nice jacket, a brand name, millions in advertising, heidi's mansion(s), PPR's shareholders and board.
if you can afford it, i dont see why not. but if you have to save up for it, i'm not sure it will be worth all that trouble (unless you just really want to own a slp leather jacket).post #7209 of 148771/19/13 at 12:09pmCan anyone recommend any affordable GREY leather jackets. Not looking to spend anywhere near what most of these seem to go for, just a similar style.
Looking for something slim cut, high armholes, lightweight leather. Also prefer the wrinkled/distressed look
I like to more basic Rick Owens, Julius looks. The dior homme as well.
I also like this color too!post #7210 of 148771/19/13 at 12:16pmQuote:
I'm not really trying to knock ToJ because I haven't handled any but you realize that this is like saying that Ford makes the best cars because the CEO of Ford says so, right?post #7211 of 148771/19/13 at 12:27pmQuote:
I think anyone who's handled Toj plus high-end designer leathers would come to the same conclusion. I have, at least.
I would be surprised if SLP was as good quality as Toj, truly. The incentive for them to put in the work isn't there. People like this guy are going to buy it because its Hedi Slimane so it must be special.post #7212 of 148771/19/13 at 12:34pmjust to clarify, not saying that the SLP will be bad quality but like someone else said not 5x. And I rather have a leather that fits me perfectly than one that kinda fits me but not quite since it was not made to my measurements.
you pay for the name game.
also the design is still pretty ugly with the flap pocket and the weird side zip. But if you really like those details and you got money to blow then do it up. I just did not like those details. they looked like something you like at first sight and then a few days later you are like wtf was i thinking.post #7213 of 148771/19/13 at 1:23pmThe thing is i live in europe, so if i order TOJ, there will be + 20% Tax, further more i have only one chance to get the right fit as it will be too complicated to return or exchange the jacket. So in the end i maybe will pay double the price for SLP but can try all the sizes first and take a look at the actual jacket in the store before buying. Plus its Hedi, so i may give it a try.. Concerning A nice Biker Jacket, do you maybe know something similar or better in leather quality which is accessable more easily from europe?post #7214 of 148771/19/13 at 1:53pmpost #7215 of 148771/19/13 at 4:47pmQuote:
I dunno weird thing is that leather lost a lot of its appeal among people. Theres a guy still selling a black one on sufu for super low and no one bites. Dunno if that sa good enough barometer for its popularity but it is what it is.
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
Styleforum Top Picks
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Currently, there are 1003 Active Users (132 Members and 871 Guests)
- › New to Business Casual 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 13 minutes ago
- › Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov... 17 minutes ago
- › Rick Owens Intarsia, Grey, Sz. 50, new 18 minutes ago
- › Damir Doma Jutter Leather Jacket sz 52 20 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth