or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 453

post #6781 of 11820
I would say yes since a hot climate can dry leather.
post #6782 of 11820
i live in a hot a humid climate, my leather jkts and shoes resist much better then when I was living in Europe, where dry air damages leather very quickly. So it more depends on air humidity I would say. I now almost never condition my jkt and shoes, there is absolutely no signs or dryness on them.
post #6783 of 11820
went on a date this weekend and the girl was wearing a black leather jacket with a grey deep v-neck...kinda got me wanting a leather jacket of my own.

have looked in the past and really liked some of the rick leathers, but as this'll be my first, think it might make more sense to get something a bit more reasonably priced to start.

only rigid requirements I have are:
(1) black, good quality leather
(2) asymmetrical zipper
(3) no TOJ

budget is in the $1-2k range, though I'd obviously like to spend less if possible.
post #6784 of 11820
Quote:
Originally Posted by superego View Post

went on a date this weekend and the girl was wearing a black leather jacket with a grey deep v-neck...kinda got me wanting a leather jacket of my own.
have looked in the past and really liked some of the rick leathers, but as this'll be my first, think it might make more sense to get something a bit more reasonably priced to start.
only rigid requirements I have are:
(1) black, good quality leather
(2) asymmetrical zipper
(3) no TOJ
budget is in the $1-2k range, though I'd obviously like to spend less if possible.

Just get a Rick on sale on superfuture/sz/here. Be prepared to re-sell if sizing is wrong (so give yourself 1 try) and you should be good for around $1500 total (say you lose $200 at resale for the first one if things don't work out).
post #6785 of 11820

i thought so, thanks guys


Edited by Karrar87 - 11/19/12 at 8:11pm
post #6786 of 11820
Fit: Too small/tight. It is pulling under the arms and across the chest. Besides, it appears too short in both the body and the arms.

Design: Very strange. What is up with late 70's collars? The picture quality is terrible, but what are the white/silver things? Overall, it is rather odd.
post #6787 of 11820
that looks like a CCP scarstitch. but i haven't seen leather that soft on a scarstitch before. seems a bit small for you.
post #6788 of 11820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrar87 View Post

what do you guys think about this jacket and fit? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

too tight
post #6789 of 11820
I may not get as much love as I have for this jacket, since it seems people here like the looks of Rick Owens, et al. But I love my Belstaff Panther. I've always wanted to get it for a long time.



I even like where they're taking it lately, personally. I like this croc Stanton jacket, even though it's for women.


Next up, maybe next year or two, a really good shearling coat.
Edited by Geruvah - 11/19/12 at 6:58pm
post #6790 of 11820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

Just get a Rick on sale on superfuture/sz/here. Be prepared to re-sell if sizing is wrong (so give yourself 1 try) and you should be good for around $1500 total (say you lose $200 at resale for the first one if things don't work out).

thanks, dude...any idea the frequency they come up on any of the 3? also, any sizing reference? 45" chest, though generally wear a 44 suit.

any other good options that come in black with an asymmetrical zip (again, excluding TOJ)?
post #6791 of 11820
Julius and Incarnation come to mind but I dont know if you're into that stuff
post #6792 of 11820
It's going to be pretty challenging to find Incarnation or Julius that fit a size 45" chest.
post #6793 of 11820
oh yea missed that part
post #6794 of 11820
Even if chest fit shoulder would be to tight.
post #6795 of 11820
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatoneguy View Post

Julius and Incarnation come to mind but I dont know if you're into that stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxis View Post

It's going to be pretty challenging to find Incarnation or Julius that fit a size 45" chest.

so sounds like rick is gonna be my best option then? any other potentially less SF-popular leathers I could search for (balenciaga, MMM, balmain, ...)?

did a bit of looking around and this ysl jacket looks good zipped:


looks kinda sketch unzipped though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?