Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 2/9/16 at 12:55pm in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 404post #6046 of 152838/7/12 at 9:37pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6047 of 152838/7/12 at 9:45pmpost #6048 of 152838/7/12 at 9:46pmpost #6049 of 152838/7/12 at 11:48pmx-post from baller boot thread, i like these looks and the leather jackets (and boots) associated with them
from atelier ny
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)"1. What do you do? Technology Director at Women’s Wear Daily / Conde Nast PublicationsWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
2. What item could you not live without? Carol Christian Poell boots that I’ve been rocking since ’05/06. I go from my motorcycle right to work and back in them, nothing else holds up.
3. How would you describe your style? Motorcycle friendly; if I can’t ride my bike in it, I can’t wear it.
4. What are you wearing right now? Carol Christian Poell bison high neck leather jacket, Shaun Leane necklace, Julius tank top, Nicholas Andreas Taralis jeans, and Carol Christian Poell boots""What are you wearing right now? Carol Christian Poell kangaroo leather jacket with arthrosic elbow and knuckle, diver hooded top with arthrosic elbow, dead-end jeans, diverging belt, and Guidi bison leather high lace boot."post #6050 of 152838/7/12 at 11:58pmQuote:
of course you're paying mostly for name, fit and design. however about 5000 usd is a lot of money for what you get back, isn't it? but then again who I am to judge? just buy it if you can afford and appreciate it.post #6051 of 152838/8/12 at 12:31ampost #6052 of 152838/8/12 at 12:44amQuote:
abraxis is from sf bay area, the guy in pic is 99% from NYCpost #6053 of 152838/8/12 at 2:44amAbout that $5000 Ann jacket, it may very well be one of those barely went into production items (and which are usually made in home). Her leathers are usually cheaper.
DVN made this green pony leather jacket in 2009 that was produced in only two pieces. A size 50 for the belgian store, and a size 48 for an asian store. It's still one of my grails.post #6054 of 152838/8/12 at 3:06ampost #6055 of 152838/9/12 at 10:59ampost #6056 of 152838/9/12 at 11:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Lane
her leathers are good, mostly the old ones ive read. I wasn't commenting on just the leathers, but in general from my experience things fall apart in the same frequency as rick shit. I just returned a pair of her boots cuz a hole developed in 2 weeks. Also, a lot of her shirts falls apart in your hands. I know you're suppose to somehow be all knowin though, but I don't give a fuck cuz I like to go by what happens when I buy shit.
even if im wrong, 5k? LMAO youre paying for the name straight up
Look, some people read these threads and take the info they read as valid, including the stupid shit every dude here who has never seen these pieces say. Good info gets lost in a sea of bad info.
1) fragile doesn't mean good or bad quality. For example Ann D knits are fragile because they're made from a thin, gauzy material. They don't break up in a weird way or anything, it's just that they're pretty much the reverse of work clothes. Lanvin has a lot of garments like that.
2) No one is asking you to buy the 5K leather, in fact I refuse to pay 5K for leathers myself and I recently added a Margiela (already have three ricks).post #6057 of 152838/9/12 at 11:26ampost #6058 of 152838/11/12 at 2:03pmpost #6059 of 152838/11/12 at 2:16pmpost #6060 of 152838/11/12 at 2:44pm
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Currently, there are 1026 Active Users (182 Members and 844 Guests)
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 45 seconds ago
- › LEMAIRE 56 seconds ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 1 minute ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?