or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 388

post #5806 of 11615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

The collar is too stumpy and short compared to the ribbing, I think. The shape is pretty blah too, I guess. It doesn't look like it's worth the designer premium, in my eyes.

I'll second this and say that you should return and find a more avant garde leather that suits your other wardrobe pieces.

The leather is pretty uninspirational. How much did you pay again? I think you should just get yourself measured and pick up a minimalist moto, or a 2-zip moto, or UMDR etc.
post #5807 of 11615
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

Hah, the pants are like too sizes too big on me (33) and falling off, and that shirt is too short.  Basically a fail outfit that I just threw the jacket over.  I took a better pic today:

700x526px-LL-f4e531c6_w2MxL.jpeg

Shirt's still kinda short but that's irrelevant.  I'm leaning towards keeping the jacket tbh, looks really sleek in person without being in-your-face leather, its just expensive even at yoox price so I'm sure I'll go back and forth for weeks.  I tried it on with a knit and an oxford and both looked really good (though the oxford stuck out the bottom a little more than I'd like), so you can pretty much wear it with anything which is a huge plus.

it's bad, looks like what a train commuter wears to a billy joel concert
post #5808 of 11615
the kunk has spoken.

I don't think it's bad I just think it's plain. Some people like the clean look. I think it suits you.
post #5809 of 11615
He has pony hair chukkas

The leather does not suit him
post #5810 of 11615
I don't think the leather is that bad actually. I think what is throwing it off is the tiny rise of the jeans, the guy is obviously not that small but looks like he's wearing Petit Standards or something. Try Dior Hommes and see if the look doesn't fix itself. If that doesn't work, put some tube socks in your pants.
post #5811 of 11615
^Was going to say that. Try pants with higher rise. The latter photo with denim still looks like you're trying to pull down your pants

(I think I see some skin patch[1].gif)
post #5812 of 11615
Leather looks alright. You should be able to make that work. Would look better with a longer U or V neck t.
post #5813 of 11615
well it dont even look like u can zip it up...foo.gif
post #5814 of 11615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss View Post

Any idea where that jacket is from? Google search failed.

it's old Dior homme. 2004 maybe. I really like the trimmed down bomber.

Maybe the fur collar is too warm for Cal, but I like the visual effect.
post #5815 of 11615
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

I'll second this and say that you should return and find a more avant garde leather that suits your other wardrobe pieces.
The leather is pretty uninspirational. How much did you pay again? I think you should just get yourself measured and pick up a minimalist moto, or a 2-zip moto, or UMDR etc.

If hes wearing blue jeans and a white tee, does it look like he wants something avant garde? use your head
post #5816 of 11615

It's odd but, I have a 34R Horsehide A-2 and it still seems a bit boxy around me (I'm 35-36R).

 

Does it drape after break in?

post #5817 of 11615
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

that's the most simple Dior leather I've ever seen. You could tell people it's DH and they wouldn't even believe you.

well the zipper pulls look like the dior ones from kva, but thats about it.
post #5818 of 11615
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveStock View Post

If hes wearing blue jeans and a white tee, does it look like he wants something avant garde? use your head

FUCK YOU! foo.gif
post #5819 of 11615
whoa, simmer down there toasty. or are you just doing your best sinnedk impression?
post #5820 of 11615
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

I don't think the leather is that bad actually. I think what is throwing it off is the tiny rise of the jeans, the guy is obviously not that small but looks like he's wearing Petit Standards or something. Try Dior Hommes and see if the look doesn't fix itself. If that doesn't work, put some tube socks in your pants.

think those jeans are actually DH... but he be a fatty.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?