Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:57 am in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on Today at 4:07 am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 309post #4621 of 1524211/24/11 at 9:18pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4622 of 1524211/24/11 at 9:24pmpost #4623 of 1524211/24/11 at 9:26pmpost #4624 of 1524211/24/11 at 9:29pmpost #4625 of 1524211/25/11 at 3:14ampost #4626 of 1524211/25/11 at 8:47ampost #4627 of 1524211/25/11 at 7:59pmI have the "inner" leather jacket. It fits fairly slim/small. So if you are the bigger end of a size, beware!
The leather is a rougher, tougher, crinkly washed/oiled lambskin. Fairly stiff, lots of character, good grainage. If you are looking for buttery soft TOJ, this is not what you are getting. It starts off a very dry leather but breaks in rather nicely. The collar is not super stiff and may seem floppy but fits very naturally. I would compare the jacket if you could imagine poell doing after-treatment to a high collar rick intarsia. Kind of weird but in a really good way. The inner pockets are pretty cool and functional.
What you dont know are the nice and cool snaps at the wrist of the sleeves which have little taper (imo fits great and trim with room for layering and stuff, or leather gloves )
the zips are riri, not super clunky or anything.
Its kind of weird rating the leather quality due to the unusual treatment, but if you know you are not buying a smooth luscious leather i don't think you can be disappointed!post #4628 of 1524211/25/11 at 8:16pmpost #4629 of 1524211/25/11 at 9:08pm
Or just get something that is not black. I really like the blood red one I have, especially after I darkened it, and the navy and midnight blue ones are terrific too. Sure, black is always nice, but I think it's nicer to have something really more eye catching in a leather than just... black.
In other news, am returning an Acne Oliver leather. Really disappointed in the quality of the leather and the workmanship. The lining is poorly attached, and in the cheapest way possible, and stitch density is low. I could go the Diesel store and get a much better jacket. For a jacket that retails $1250 USD, I'd expect a lot more.post #4630 of 1524211/27/11 at 9:31ampost #4631 of 1524211/28/11 at 1:48ampost #4632 of 1524211/28/11 at 7:06ampost #4633 of 1524211/28/11 at 8:01ampost #4634 of 1524211/28/11 at 8:38pm
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Currently, there are 1631 Active Users (411 Members and 1220 Guests)
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 31 seconds ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 55 seconds ago
- › is it ok to wear short sleeve shirts? 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Have a work event in a few days, will this suit work? 3 minutes ago
- › Ankle opening? 3 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 4 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...