or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 25

post #361 of 16655
I can make you an all-out bespoke leather jacket.
post #362 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post
I can make you an all-out bespoke leather jacket.

It'll be at least nearly as good as those 3k ones as well. Loving mine.
post #363 of 16655
drew, isnt that julius jacket on the previous page the same one winq had? Fit well, but I was kinda disappointed in the leather and hardware quality.
post #364 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by tutee View Post

where can I get good leather or wool bespoke / custom jackets? (military / biker inspired)

The only catch is I cannot go to EU anytime soon so the stuff has to be ordered from US.


Vanson Leathers in Fall River MA will do custom jackets. They have their roots in motorcycling jackets and have a few military type (GA-2) jackets as well. I have a lightly customized Vanson Comet that I really like but generally wear only when on a motorcycle.

Vanson Custom Garments order form
post #365 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SD View Post
drew, isnt that julius jacket on the previous page the same one winq had?

Fit well, but I was kinda disappointed in the leather and hardware quality.

Nah the jacket on the previous page is from a newer season; the Julius that winq had was from like 2006 and one of 10 or 20, it's been remade as a high neck jacket that pops up here and there too but the one at the house was tab-collar and rare as shit. IMO the leather was decent enough, it was a lambskin of some serious thickness, but it was pre-distressed so it came deteriorated and you know how I feel about that.

The hardware was good enough, but goth ninjas like the pin-pull 2-way Riris on their skewed blistered jackets, not realizing how unfunctional that shit is. Nearly impossible to zip up easily, they're just for looks... After that experience and then learning about zippers at the industrial level, I came to realize how much people just like zippers for the level of tooth polish/pull tab design and actually know nothing about the way zippers are made.

Not a huge fan of Julius but it is made nicely; Asian leather workers are pretty good with their machines in general so you can expect that. Leather jackets just cost a lot because good leather and zippers and stuff add up quickly, compared to something like a pair of pants or a shirt. My MMM leather has really nasty rough seams that look like the person was drunk when they made it.
post #366 of 16655
I just didn't like the feel of the leather. Maybe it was the distressing that bothers me, but I don't think it had a good hand, nor was it comfortable to wear. Now I remember the tab collar. And I remember the zipper being specifically hard to do up.. and not just because it was a tight fit
post #367 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus View Post
geste, that jacket is ridiculously cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post
geste, that is pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post
damn that's a badass jacket

THNX everyone! I will post better pics w/detailing.
post #368 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post
The hardware was good enough, but goth ninjas like the pin-pull 2-way Riris on their skewed blistered jackets, not realizing how unfunctional that shit is. Nearly impossible to zip up easily, they're just for looks... After that experience and then learning about zippers at the industrial level, I came to realize how much people just like zippers for the level of tooth polish/pull tab design and actually know nothing about the way zippers are made.

Yeah, the 2-way zippers on the Julius items take a bit of effort. The newer ones have YKK zips, not Riri.

But, the Dior Homme Luster (AW03) leather jacket I have has a 2-way zipper that works flawlessly.
It is made by Lampo, so 2-way zippers can be done correctly!
post #369 of 16655
Here is a beautiful piece from Dior Homme AW07. I own this and it is simply gorgeous! Also, the D&G jacket I am selling is really nice too!!!
post #370 of 16655
The Julius jacket and the DH FW 2007 are both amazing. I wish I had the money to buy them
post #371 of 16655
Speaking of overdesigned...
post #372 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahneun View Post
The Julius jacket and the DH FW 2007 are both amazing. I wish I had the money to buy them

Thank you!
post #373 of 16655
checking on my centralia jacket and saw this thread - lost world suburban (sorry, may have psted before?) Attachment 31779

* hey - how do i 'resize' a picture?
post #374 of 16655
Kunk's clowning on them in that high neck leather....whew
post #375 of 16655










All pictures (except the last one) are courtesy of The Art of Vintage Leather Jackets, a great blog leather and vintage outerwear.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?