or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 186

post #2776 of 12044
What blows me away is that this idiot is talking shit about ToJ when he has never handled a ToJ jacket.. sigh.. trolls these days
post #2777 of 12044
hahaha fuck that margiela is awful
post #2778 of 12044
Quote:
Originally Posted by halisray View Post
What blows me away is that this idiot is talking shit about ToJ when he has never handled a ToJ jacket.. sigh.. trolls these days

So what? People talk shit all the time about Black Scissors despite so many never having handled one.
post #2779 of 12044
Alright and your point?
post #2780 of 12044
I don't, or at least haven't, read much bashing on BS in here though.
post #2781 of 12044
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post
Is sq arguing in favor of, or against new Margiela this week?
i still like the brand. however those zippers look like a crap, especially in this colorway http://www.oki-ni.com/mens-jackets/m...nvt/mm0823gry/
post #2782 of 12044
Quote:
Originally Posted by somatoform View Post
So what? People talk shit all the time about Black Scissors despite so many never having handled one.

1) leathers are obviously low qual, even in pictures
2) they're copies of well known design so the differences are glaring
3) some are opposed to the idea of copying
post #2783 of 12044
Quote:
Originally Posted by halisray View Post
Alright and your point?

Not one point, but a couple:

1. Every person on this forum has probably at one point made a judgement call on quality or whatever without first-hand experience, me included, and, if I dredged through your post history, probably yourself as well - so the "blows me away" rhetoric is a bit dramatic

2. First-hand experience, touching, handling....whatever is not the only criteria for making a judgement. There are in fact so many criteria for doing so, and justifiable ones. Ideally you wouldn't judge anything without first-hand experience, but, then again, we also all know that first-hand experience with any piece can mean alot or nothing at all.
post #2784 of 12044
Quote:
Originally Posted by somatoform View Post
Not one point, but a couple:

1. Every person on this forum has probably at one point made a judgement call on quality or whatever without first-hand experience, me included, and, if I dredged through your post history, probably yourself as well - so the "blows me away" rhetoric is a bit dramatic

2. First-hand experience, touching, handling....whatever is not the only criteria for making a judgement. There are in fact so many criteria for doing so, and justifiable ones. Ideally you wouldn't judge anything without first-hand experience, but, then again, we also all know that first-hand experience with any piece can mean alot or nothing at all.

I am interested in what criteria Fuuma and somatoform consider as it pertains to quality; use leather jackets as an example if needed
post #2785 of 12044
Quote:
Originally Posted by halisray View Post
What blows me away is that this idiot is talking shit about ToJ when he has never handled a ToJ jacket.. sigh.. trolls these days
i don't like what i see style wise, that maison martin margiela covered zip...you haven't handled it but already wrote it off. i dislike it too, and i also dislike TOJ leathers. due to the same principle one of the main selling points you people keep pounding/addressing are the YKK zippers, which are used because they simply have the greatest market share of all time. BUT HIS ZIPPERS ARE YKK JAPAN! YKK is Japanese company, you know what YKK stands for? Yoshida Kōgyō Kabushikigaisha http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YKK_Group so those jansport backpacks and levis jeans all have the same mass produced zippers as your "high quality one of a kind zippers" as for the actual leather/hide they don't impress me at all, they look like typical mall leather jackets. with layers of plastic over dye. there probably is a reason they don't come in a cracked treatment, its probably becuase there is a millimeter or 2 of plastic based dye on the actual hide. would not suprise me if the hide was bonded either. like cheap automotive seats Not to mention the over use of hardware, they look like slim cut shorter perfectos you get at that crappy store wilsons, but market towards men who hang out in gay bars
post #2786 of 12044
so you consider yourself to be knowledgeable on zippers, with that swift wikipedia search? You should cut your losses here man, and give it up already....
post #2787 of 12044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 951socal View Post
i don't like what i see style wise, that maison martin margiela covered zip...you haven't handled it but already wrote it off.

i dislike it too, and i also dislike TOJ leathers. due to the same principle

one of the main selling points you people keep pounding/addressing are the YKK zippers, which are used because they simply have the greatest market share of all time.

BUT HIS ZIPPERS ARE YKK JAPAN!

YKK is Japanese company, you know what YKK stands for?
Yoshida Kōgyō Kabushikigaisha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YKK_Group

so those jansport backpacks and levis jeans all have the same mass produced zippers as your "high quality one of a kind zippers"

as for the leathers they don't impress me at all, they look like typical mall leather jackets.
Not to mention the over use of hardware, they look like slim cut shorter perfectos you get at that crappy store wilsons, but market towards men who hang out in gay bars

best troll ever
post #2788 of 12044
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post
so you consider yourself to be knowledgeable on zippers, with that swift wikipedia search? You should cut your losses here man, and give it up already....

no, but its fairly obvious he got them for cheap and is using it as a marketing gimmick.
then again i don't expect anyone wih TOJ as their location and a guy with WTB: ANY TOJ AND BLACK SCISSORS LEATHERS

to give any unbiased opinions what so ever. something in your life has made you loyal to this man knocking out "MTM" leathers in his garage.
Really though, how can you claim thats made to measure? you're not even there for it, he's not a tailor ....
post #2789 of 12044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 951socal View Post
i don't like what i see style wise


See, that's the thing, you hate ToJ because of the style, which is weird because if you think about it, the moto and 5-zip are essentially the same jacket with just different zipper placement.
post #2790 of 12044
CCP uses YKK. I've had YKK, RIRI, Lampo, MRS, and OPTI zippers on a number of high-end designer goods and they all seem the same, so I'm not sure wtf this stupid point is you are trying to make. Aso, holding up Margiela as some pinnacle of quality is kind of ... funny.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?