Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 10:22 am in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 3/7/17 at 8:12am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 1088post #16306 of 172099/3/16 at 9:01ampost #16307 of 172099/4/16 at 7:26ampost #16308 of 172099/5/16 at 1:51pmpost #16309 of 172099/6/16 at 11:57amI'm always hesitant to post in this thread on account of the superlative, but I thought this grainy buffalo leather type 3 was pretty cool for plain-old-non-LVC Levi's:
It's $280 with code SAVE30 for anyone interested: http://www.levi.com/US/en_US/mens-clothing-jackets/p/723340181
Also, a sherpa-lined suede version for $330 with code:
Edited by notwithit - 9/6/16 at 12:10pmpost #16310 of 172099/6/16 at 12:28pmpost #16311 of 172099/6/16 at 4:33pm
Since there has been almost no mention of 5-zips in several pages...
How's the fit on my 5-zip? Size 48 calf with gunmetal zips that I bought from a user here and has probably been passed along from several members here and on sufu. It feels like I have a little bit of room in the shoulders and under the armpits, but quite snug in the waist. I was surprised the jacket has such a strong V shape.post #16312 of 172099/6/16 at 6:18pmpost #16313 of 172099/6/16 at 6:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by boozwah
Since there has been almost no mention of 5-zips in several pages...
How's the fit on my 5-zip? Size 48 calf with gunmetal zips that I bought from a user here and has probably been passed along from several members here and on sufu. It feels like I have a little bit of room in the shoulders and under the armpits, but quite snug in the waist. I was surprised the jacket has such a strong V shape.
I think that it looks pretty good. And yes, the older Margiela 5-zips are pretty V-shaped.post #16314 of 172099/6/16 at 9:58pmpost #16315 of 172099/6/16 at 10:00pmpost #16316 of 172099/6/16 at 10:23pmpost #16317 of 172099/6/16 at 10:50pmpost #16318 of 172099/7/16 at 7:42amQuote:Originally Posted by nyarkies
Looks like incarnation based on the zips.
Edit. It is. Go check their gram https://www.instagram.com/incarnation_srl/
Some excessive zipper use for f/w 16
thanks man, i wanted to see the full jacket and i thought it was incarnation but wasn't too sure.post #16319 of 172099/7/16 at 9:28am
Need opinions on this leather jacket, not much info besides that it's washed lamb leather. Is 1K a good price or are there better options available?post #16320 of 172099/7/16 at 11:08amQuote:Originally Posted by single origin
Need opinions on this leather jacket, not much info besides that it's washed lamb leather. Is 1K a good price or are there better options available?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Depends on what you're looking for, but there's plenty available in the $1k range. Offhand I'd say it's worth looking at Aero, although their jackets tend to have more of a vintage / repro feel and generally use heavier materials that would require some break-in: http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/products.php?cat=classicleather&sub=amj
Some of the Schott collaborations, like the ones at Urban Outfitters, come in at a lower price tag and should have a relatively slim and fashion-forward fit: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/category.jsp?id=BRANDS&brand=schott&country=us#/
I'd also take a look at some of the Golden Bear collabs with Club Monaco: http://www.clubmonaco.com/search/index.jsp?keywords=golden+bear
I think @dieworkwear mentioned a few other companies Golden Bear collaborates with (possibly Unionmade also?), and their collaborations generally fit better than their mainline stuff.
Forum affiliates Falcon Garments and Luxire also have MTM / MTO offerings that will come in around or under $1k if you want a slim fashion jacket.
Basically there's a lot of options out there, and it depends on what you want out of your jacket. I'd probably look at a more leather-focused maker than Baldwin, which I think of as a denim-focused brand.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Louis Vuitton Epi Leather 55 Boston Keepall 8 minutes ago
- › Luigi Bianchi Mantova LBM Blue Polo Coat tagged 40 fits 36/38 13 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 16 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 18 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 20 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 21 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...