Here's a better view instagram.com/nounionjournal/
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 12/6/16 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 11/25/16 at 4:38am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 1084post #16247 of 166538/16/16 at 6:59pmpost #16248 of 166538/16/16 at 7:28pmpost #16249 of 166538/16/16 at 7:35pmpost #16250 of 166538/16/16 at 8:47pmQuote:
I like the rider style one, but can't get behind super lightweight leathers. I wonder if they would make that in a heavier weight leather...post #16251 of 166538/16/16 at 9:24pmpost #16252 of 166538/16/16 at 10:52pm
well i own a couple of legit riding jackets but no motorcycle...
... that said, i recently read Hell's Angels (the early Hunter Thompson non-fiction) and he devotes a few pages to jackets as he puts together his kit to embed with these Angels. i found it to be amusing, interesting and food for thought. suffice to say leather culture =/= motorcycle culture.
imo at a certain point heavy riding leather starts to feel like cosplay, if you take lightweight leather as an essentially natural windbreaker/nylon type fabric it opens the door for a lot of great options. fwiw i agree that the tones of those jackets are great. i'm not crazy about the dr, i'd rather see a light goat suede track/warmup jacket than a half-assed rider.
then again, i will be the first to admit that i'm swimming upstream against overbuilt apparel. purpose built yes but as an aesthetic statement i feel we're just about on the other side of that hill. to each their own.post #16253 of 166538/18/16 at 4:15am
If you're going for Worst Leather Jacket...
The jacket is by Kalup, a brand from the Czech Republic. But if you step away from their more Fifty Shades orientated gear, there are a few interesting pieces in their collection. I like this one-piece suit, which has a retro feel to it.post #16254 of 166538/18/16 at 8:58amQuote:Originally Posted by dieworkwear
Posted this in Random Fashion Thoughts, but this new brand Nine Lives looks pretty good.
Yak leather cafe racer with sashiko side bodies and an asymmetrical zip. Leather looks like a heavy horsehide, but it's actually quite soft and supple.
The company also has this grandma-looking shearling with a trucker body. Has a kind of coked-out LA vibe.
Sashiko sides are ugly as fuck and not in an interesting way. 70s coke dealer jacket looks good, would wear.post #16255 of 166538/18/16 at 9:08amQuote:
Really? I dig that sashiko cafe racer.
I do like that 70s coke dealer jacket a little more. Those photos are apparently just of the production sample. Final model has more pronounced notch on the lapels, exposed fur under the pocket flaps, and a more standard cuff.
I don't think there's going to be a US stockist for that one. Otherwise would have been cool to try out.post #16256 of 166538/18/16 at 11:32ampost #16257 of 166538/18/16 at 11:49ampost #16258 of 166538/18/16 at 8:36pmpost #16259 of 166538/18/16 at 8:39pmpost #16260 of 166538/18/16 at 8:40pm
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 23 seconds ago
- › Apple Watch 42mm Stainless Steel w/ black rubber sport band (2015... 23 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 44 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 49 seconds ago
- › Gaziano and Girling Dress Boots 9/9.5D US 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 1 minute ago
- › Advice-Samuelsohn or HSM 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Rise and Rise of Donald J Trump 3 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...