or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 1050

post #15736 of 16648
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin831 View Post

Are rider jackets supposed to hit at the belt line? I see a lot of SFers wear it below the belt line. Who's right?

SLP



Vintage Schott



SFer



Jacket #1 was designed by one of the best fashion designers in the world
Jacket #2 famous design by a leather jacket maker who has only been in business about 100 years
Jacket #3 designed by a Korean scam artist who now sells $28 hipster fried chicken

Whos right? Youre fucking kidding me. You ToJ fan/fuccbois are such a damn disgrace
post #15737 of 16648
LOL ^classic
post #15738 of 16648
I agree with the sentiment about TOJ. But overall its just a preference. I prefer my jackets to go below the waistline, always have.

SLP is inspired by a classic rider and Schott produces a classic rider based on function. Hence, both go to the belt area as it would be uncomfortable for a motorcycle rider to sit down on the bike. The longer jackets are for fashion and don't anticipate one sitting on a motorcycle.

This conversation comes to fashion, function and preference. Wear things the way you like.
post #15739 of 16648
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0JSIMPS0N View Post

Jacket #1 was designed by one of the best fashion designers in the world
Jacket #2 famous design by a leather jacket maker who has only been in business about 100 years
Jacket #3 designed by a Korean scam artist who now sells $28 hipster fried chicken

Whos right? Youre fucking kidding me. You ToJ fan/fuccbois are such a damn disgrace

Chill bro. Not rooting for TOJ by any stretch.
post #15740 of 16648
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

I agree with the sentiment about TOJ. But overall its just a preference. I prefer my jackets to go below the waistline, always have.

SLP is inspired by a classic rider and Schott produces a classic rider based on function. Hence, both go to the belt area as it would be uncomfortable for a motorcycle rider to sit down on the bike. The longer jackets are for fashion and don't anticipate one sitting on a motorcycle.

This conversation comes to fashion, function and preference. Wear things the way you like.

You can prefer your rider jackets to go below the waistline just like you can prefer to wear square toed shoes or prefer to put ketchup on your filet mignon. You're still doing it wrong.

Kids (Ted Mosby voice), dont buy or wear leather jackets that hit below your belt line. Youre welcome.
post #15741 of 16648

I bought my first leather jacket on the internet and like it a lot, but noticed the sleeves comes halfway my fingers... Can this be altered? And by whom (shoemaker, saddle maker, leather artisan?)? For the moment I lift them a little (around 2 inches), but this makes a lot of creases around the elbows.

post #15742 of 16648
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0JSIMPS0N View Post

You can prefer your rider jackets to go below the waistline just like you can prefer to wear square toed shoes or prefer to put ketchup on your filet mignon. You're still doing it wrong.

Kids (Ted Mosby voice), dont buy or wear leather jackets that hit below your belt line. Youre welcome.

In general I agree. But it also depends on the type of the jacket. My 5 zip hits below the belt line (and then some), but that's also how I've seen it fit on most people.
post #15743 of 16648
My leather jacket journey started with a Dolce and Gabbana jacket. It was a very thick sheep skin collared moto. I was mostly interested in CM during that time:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I moved to TOJ to try the MTM. This was the first one from them. I ordered 2 more after a few months but that's when the whole shitstorm started and those never materialized. I also got a brown MMM 5-zip but got rid of it quite early on as the lining was wool and it was too warm to wear in moderate temps and too cold during the cooler temps. Don't have a photo of that one:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

During that time, I started exploring more the S&W side and my interest with CM started slowing down. I got a Collateral Concepts movement jacket and a few Julius jackets. The 4-zip jutneck and double zip fencing aren't my photos but that's what I got:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




I really liked the weight and stiffness of the horse leather better than lamb. The leather jacket I've always wanted was the CCP fencing jacket and decided to look for one and when I got it, my CCP binge started. Got the highneck, scarstitch, then the gloved highneck all in horse leather:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




During my CCP binge, I also got Viridi-Anne jackets. I liked the minimalistic design and how heavy the horse leather they used. I got the red (orange) version first and went to look for a black one. Unfortunately, I can't find the size I need but got to preorder the reissue next season. Sad to say, the leather they used was thinner than the original release but it is still substantial. The red one still has a lot of breaking in left while the reissued black is really soft already. I also got a Jun Hashimoto collared moto. This one I believe is steerhide. Quite hefty like the RO moody calf stooges:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



My latest is the Layer-0 horse leather jacket that @nicelynice has. Seeing that jacket on him made want to get it. And thanks to a few forum members here, I was able to acquire it:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

All of my early acquisitions have been sold off already and what's left are the CCPs, TVA, Jun Hashimoto, and Layer-0. Trying to rotate them regularly.
post #15744 of 16648

Great journey from Dolce Gabbana to CCP

post #15745 of 16648

If you're buying a rider or moto, chances are it shouldn't hit below the belt line if it's an honest take on a jacket that was originally made for a specific purpose.

 

Fashion jackets: 5 zips/bombers/etc etc etc. Fit differently because they weren't conceived for being worn on the bike.

post #15746 of 16648
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

If you're buying a rider or moto, chances are it shouldn't hit below the belt line if it's an honest take on a jacket that was originally made for a specific purpose.

Fashion jackets: 5 zips/bombers/etc etc etc. Fit differently because they weren't conceived for being worn on the bike.

Actually, I would put bombers in that category too. While they were not conceived to be worn on a bike, they were traditionally cut at the waist.

post #15747 of 16648
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin831 View Post


Actually, I would put bombers in that category too. While they were not conceived to be worn on a bike, they were traditionally cut at the waist.

Ahhh, I thought the ribbing went below the waist for pilots. Cool! Thanks for the lesson!

post #15748 of 16648
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Ahhh, I thought the ribbing went below the waist for pilots. Cool! Thanks for the lesson!

Yeah, nice when people can explain things without going full retard.
post #15749 of 16648
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyarkies View Post


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
My leather jacket journey started with a Dolce and Gabbana jacket. It was a very thick sheep skin collared moto. I was mostly interested in CM during that time:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I moved to TOJ to try the MTM. This was the first one from them. I ordered 2 more after a few months but that's when the whole shitstorm started and those never materialized. I also got a brown MMM 5-zip but got rid of it quite early on as the lining was wool and it was too warm to wear in moderate temps and too cold during the cooler temps. Don't have a photo of that one:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

During that time, I started exploring more the S&W side and my interest with CM started slowing down. I got a Collateral Concepts movement jacket and a few Julius jackets. The 4-zip jutneck and double zip fencing aren't my photos but that's what I got:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




I really liked the weight and stiffness of the horse leather better than lamb. The leather jacket I've always wanted was the CCP fencing jacket and decided to look for one and when I got it, my CCP binge started. Got the highneck, scarstitch, then the gloved highneck all in horse leather:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




During my CCP binge, I also got Viridi-Anne jackets. I liked the minimalistic design and how heavy the horse leather they used. I got the red (orange) version first and went to look for a black one. Unfortunately, I can't find the size I need but got to preorder the reissue next season. Sad to say, the leather they used was thinner than the original release but it is still substantial. The red one still has a lot of breaking in left while the reissued black is really soft already. I also got a Jun Hashimoto collared moto. This one I believe is steerhide. Quite hefty like the RO moody calf stooges:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



My latest is the Layer-0 horse leather jacket that @nicelynice has. Seeing that jacket on him made want to get it. And thanks to a few forum members here, I was able to acquire it:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

All of my early acquisitions have been sold off already and what's left are the CCPs, TVA, Jun Hashimoto, and Layer-0. Trying to rotate them regularly
.

great journey man, i really enjoyed reading/looking.
post #15750 of 16648
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

If you're buying a rider or moto, chances are it shouldn't hit below the belt line if it's an honest take on a jacket that was originally made for a specific purpose.

 

Fashion jackets: 5 zips/bombers/etc etc etc. Fit differently because they weren't conceived for being worn on the bike.

The only riding jackets that traditionally ended below the belt were, afaik, British riding jackets.  

 

The most common civilian jackets that I can think of in which the hem went below the belt line were leather car coats and barn coats.  The car coats would most likely have been in goatskin or something softer, while barn coats would most likely have been steer, horse, or perhaps shearling.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?