I've found some pretty nice finds of TOJ's listed on Grailed as of late. One pretty minimal TOJ was listed just hours ago, which I'm kind of eyeing. Definitely worth a look...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 10:22 am in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 3/7/17 at 8:12am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 1001post #15002 of 1720912/10/15 at 4:48pmpost #15003 of 1720912/10/15 at 6:27pmQuote:
Yea, starting price is $5k, and it only goes up from there, depending on the leather and design. From the price sheet they sent me, I'd say $5,500-5,750 is probably closer to what one should expect to pay.
How are Rafael's?
My issue with most tailors is that they don't really have the same design chops. Unless it's a super basic design, all the casualwear I've seen come out of bespoke tailoring shops looks a bit too clean. Sometimes fuddy duddy. Unless it's a sahariana or something, anyway.
The nice thing about Savas is that you're getting something from a former Billy Reid designer, but I'm not sure I'm prepared to pay ~$6k for a leather jacket.post #15004 of 1720912/10/15 at 7:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by dieworkwear
Pretty cool: bespoke leather jackets by a former Billy Reid designer.
Not 100% sure if she designs all of her own patterns, or if she hires a pattern maker to make standard blocks. Ability for customization might vary depending on that, but it still seems reasonably close to bespoke. She does fittings using toile.
Reminds me a lot of a mix between the East West Musical Instruments Company and Aero, which is actually how both companies (the former being now defunct) got their start, making custom jackets for those in the "celebrity, baller, or both" category.post #15005 of 1720912/10/15 at 7:35pmQuote:
Hmmm... Looks a lot like the jackets I'm doing with Luxire right now, both models. Personally, I like the more tailored shoulders on both. On the moto, it just looks sharper and cleaner, and on the double rider, I find that it helps make the jackets look less like MC jackets, which are also super cool, but not what everyone wants.post #15006 of 1720912/10/15 at 10:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
Hmmm... Looks a lot like the jackets I'm doing with Luxire right now, both models. Personally, I like the more tailored shoulders on both. On the moto, it just looks sharper and cleaner, and on the double rider, I find that it helps make the jackets look less like MC jackets, which are also super cool, but not what everyone wants.
great news lets see who wins on price..post #15007 of 1720912/11/15 at 7:23amQuote:
gotta say i do like the fact that the moto does not have the extra leather around the cuff/waist area like the TOJ below.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
speaking of which, what ended up being the outcome of the whole debacle earlier this year.... anyone have a link as to not clutter the thread.post #15008 of 1720912/11/15 at 10:18ampost #15009 of 1720912/11/15 at 4:23pmpost #15010 of 1720912/11/15 at 4:39pmpost #15011 of 1720912/11/15 at 5:42pmpost #15012 of 1720912/11/15 at 5:50pmpost #15013 of 1720912/11/15 at 5:57pmpost #15014 of 1720912/11/15 at 10:59pmpost #15015 of 1720912/12/15 at 6:34amQuote:
Fair enough. That mental image does make me wince.
Appreciate the honest feedback fellas, even if I disagree.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 9 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 10 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 10 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 14 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...