or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 984

post #14746 of 16653
Allows the bottom of the jacket to "flare out" when sitting down no?
post #14747 of 16653
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglenn777 View Post

This jacket was made by Thedi Leathers for Epaulet. I really love the style but have a question about the design.Specifically the zipper doesn't quite make it to the bottom of the jacket. Is this design for style or does it have a functional advantage? I noticed most of the Aero Racers have zippers that go all the way to the bottom of the jacket.
Can someone give me some insight?

To allow you to sit on a motorcycle without it riding up. The zipper would typically stop by the belt height of old high-rise pants, then you could sit down without fear of the jacket riding up or bunching up. See Buco J-100 - some of the older designs had closer to 5 inches between the end of the zip and the bottom of the jacket. Thedi makes nice jackets.
post #14748 of 16653
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post

To allow you to sit on a motorcycle without it riding up. The zipper would typically stop by the belt height of old high-rise pants, then you could sit down without fear of the jacket riding up or bunching up. See Buco J-100 - some of the older designs had closer to 5 inches between the end of the zip and the bottom of the jacket. Thedi makes nice jackets.

Thanks sir. That is really helpful. Also thanks for the feedback I am pretty excited about this jacket. I hear that Thedi's horsehide is amazing.
post #14749 of 16653
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglenn777 View Post

Thanks sir. That is really helpful. Also thanks for the feedback I am pretty excited about this jacket. I hear that Thedi's horsehide is amazing.

I just sold a Thedi to another leather collector and he went crazy about the leather when he received the jacket. It's about the softest HH that I have ever handled, but still seemed to be very tough. On my jacket, all the stitching was perfect, the lining was a great quality and I couldn't find any faults at all. I only sold it because it just wasn't getting worn much as I tend to favor my brown leathers.

Good luck with it.
post #14750 of 16653
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post


I just sold a Thedi to another leather collector and he went crazy about the leather when he received the jacket. It's about the softest HH that I have ever handled, but still seemed to be very tough. On my jacket, all the stitching was perfect, the lining was a great quality and I couldn't find any faults at all. I only sold it because it just wasn't getting worn much as I tend to favor my brown leathers.

Good luck with it.

 

That's really great info. Which Thedi jacket did you have?  Would love to see some pics...

 

Also a follow-up question:  Which jacket in your collection gets the most use and why?

post #14751 of 16653
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglenn777 View Post

That's really great info. Which Thedi jacket did you have?  Would love to see some pics...

Also a follow-up question:  Which jacket in your collection gets the most use and why?

It was the straight forward cafe racer, J-100 style. I wear my Langlitz Cascade more than any other jacket because it's my riding jacket. Second would be my Aero Sheene made from Russet Italian Horsehide, because it's a versatile shade of brown and I love the grain in the hide. My new Highwayman may give it a run for its money this Fall, I'll know soon.

Thedi:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Edited by ChrisGold - 9/15/15 at 7:47pm
post #14752 of 16653
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post


It was the straight forward cafe racer, J-100 style. I wear my Langlitz Cascade more than any other jacket because it's my riding jacket. Second would be my Aero Sheene made from Russet Italian Horsehide, because it's a versatile shade of brown and I love the grain in the hide. My new Highwayman may give it a run for its money this Fall, I'll know soon.

Thedi:



That Thedi looks really phenomenal. I really dig the Aero Sheene as well.  Would you say that Aero is a lot heavier feeling than Thedi? 

 

So what color is your new Highwayman?  

 

It sure looks like you have a great collection.

 

Thanks again,

post #14753 of 16653
Yes, most of the Aero leathers are heavier than the Thedi, but the Thedi in turn is heavier than your typical mall jacket or fashion leather. Thedi is similar in weight to older leathers, which typically were not nearly as heavy as the hides that Aero, Lost Worlds and others currently use. I think the Thedi was around the same weight as my Aero goatskin jacket, which I'd estimate is in the 2.75 oz range.

The new Highwayman is seal brown.
post #14754 of 16653
guys spoiler tags come on now, i keep seeing the same images over and over
post #14755 of 16653

the duplicating the image posts really help me imagine how thick these leathers are. If I've seen the same shit 3x then I know its seriously heavy. 

post #14756 of 16653

In cae anyone cares: http://www.styleforum.net/t/508162/leather-jackets-diy-thread/0_50

 

My own project to paint on one of my leather jackets.

post #14757 of 16653

Has anyone ever tried contacting Vanson directly? I've emailed and DM them on Instagram about one of their Japanese market jackets, but no reply.

post #14758 of 16653

here we go... ma+ kids biker jacket.

i have to admit that kid looks really good in it but i wonder if this is necessary given the cost...
post #14759 of 16653
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

here we go... ma+ kids biker jacket.

i have to admit that kid looks really good in it but i wonder if this is necessary given the cost...

 

someone should steal his lunch money

post #14760 of 16653
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post


here we go... ma+ kids biker jacket.

i have to admit that kid looks really good in it but i wonder if this is necessary given the cost...

Cute kid, but this is the apex of stupidity - he is going to outgrow that in 3 months.

Hopefully it is just a one-off sample made for fun. If this is a retail offering, then....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?