or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 971

post #14551 of 16899
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0JSIMPS0N View Post


You're wrong. There's nothing wrong with putting yourself into financial strain to buy clothes. Some people are way too obsessed with money. Life is meant to be enjoyed not to just survive dumping all your cash into retirement plans and savings so you can safely arrive to death (cliche, but its true) in your J.Crew because you didn't want to financially strain yourself so you avoided doing the things you loved to do.

 

Coming from OJ Simpson, a man who surely did not regret his life choices at some point.

post #14552 of 16899
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0JSIMPS0N View Post

You're wrong. There's nothing wrong with putting yourself into financial strain to buy clothes. Some people are way too obsessed with money. Life is meant to be enjoyed not to just survive dumping all your cash into retirement plans and savings so you can safely arrive to death (cliche, but its true) in your J.Crew because you didn't want to financially strain yourself so you avoided doing the things you loved to do.

Credit card companies love him!
post #14553 of 16899
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0JSIMPS0N View Post


You're wrong. There's nothing wrong with putting yourself into financial strain to buy clothes. Some people are way too obsessed with money. Life is meant to be enjoyed not to just survive dumping all your cash into retirement plans and savings so you can safely arrive to death (cliche, but its true) in your J.Crew because you didn't want to financially strain yourself so you avoided doing the things you loved to do.

There is nothing enjoyable about eating Safeway cookies on the daily, as a cheap alternative to real food. 

post #14554 of 16899
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0JSIMPS0N View Post

You're wrong. There's nothing wrong with putting yourself into financial strain to buy clothes. Some people are way too obsessed with money. Life is meant to be enjoyed not to just survive dumping all your cash into retirement plans and savings so you can safely arrive to death (cliche, but its true) in your J.Crew because you didn't want to financially strain yourself so you avoided doing the things you loved to do.

Probably the worst advice given on sf, ever. You sound like a trust fund baby or just a financially irresponsible individual.

@the rest of SF

Don't put yourself in a financial strain for clothing. There are more important things. If you love an item save up for it and get it. Avoid settling.

Financially strain yourself to improve your situation!
post #14555 of 16899
There's nothing like upgrading your meal, getting gas and stopping in the convenient store to pickup a 1.5L of SmartWater ($2.89?! Okay...), not worrying about packing lunch because there's a Chipotle 6 mins away, being picky about your meals and eating what you think is healthy for your body, etc.

Do you have food allergies? I do and having some extra cash on the side to eat whatever the hell I want has to be one of the best feelings; it is liberating.

I'm not really thinking about what I'm wearing while chowing down.

Budgeting really helps.
post #14556 of 16899
Guys, clueless about leather jackets but recently picked a MMM 5 zip for coming travel to a cold country.

The pics below, to small or just right the fit? Also, with MMM 5 zip; the idea is just to wear it over a tee or perhaps pullover with no other layering?

Thanks in advance.







post #14557 of 16899

If you go back in this thread just 5-10 pages or so, I have had maybe three different 5-zip fit questions that might be able to help you decide. Basically, it all comes down to how you want to wear it.

 

Anyway, IMHO, this one is probably a size too small for you. The sleeves are specially too short (and might get shorter when the jacket has broken in). Short sleeves are no good in cold weather. I live in Sweden, I should know. :) 

post #14558 of 16899
Yea, that looks a bit too small. Also not a fan of that leather. It looks too heavily distressed IMO.
post #14559 of 16899
Thanks for the guidance guys.

Appreciate it tremendously. Just not too sure whether sizing it too 48 (this one is a 46) will be too much but worth a try definitely. 😊
post #14560 of 16899
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalporks View Post
 

to be entirely fair, that retail price is pretty obscene, and even marked down it's not that much lower than what it went for in Japan. that said you'll also never find a size 4 either, so -shrug-

 

Mine's probably still one of my favorite jackets to wear though.

 

This should be a consideration as well.  That jacket may be a little too rich for his blood, but he should weigh that against the possibility that he may never have a better opportunity to find a size that fits.  

 

That 1k price may well represent the best deal he could ever get in his size and if that's the case, I would think it makes sense to purchase.  

post #14561 of 16899
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post


1K leather jackets are probably the .1% of all leather jackets sold. (I pulled that out of my ass but you get my point) Boards like this completely skew reality. And, since I heard that 1,000 sub $1K jackets had sold today, I bought a new Aero in Italian seal HH that should arrive by Wednesday.

 

Do tell us more. Which one did you get?

post #14562 of 16899
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post

Do tell us more. Which one did you get?

Premier (slim fit) 1930s Highwayman.
post #14563 of 16899
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0JSIMPS0N View Post

You're wrong. There's nothing wrong with putting yourself into financial strain to buy clothes. Some people are way too obsessed with money. Life is meant to be enjoyed not to just survive dumping all your cash into retirement plans and savings so you can safely arrive to death (cliche, but its true) in your J.Crew because you didn't want to financially strain yourself so you avoided doing the things you loved to do.

Other than health and relationship problems, there is very little that will stress you out as much as financial instability.  There are rare exceptions, but those tend to be people who care nothing about things that money can buy, other than to have rudimentary food, shelter, and clothing.  If you are saving up, or skimping on meals to get leather jackets, you are decidedly not in that number.  Things might seem cool now, but let's see how much you enjoy life and are not obsessed with money when collection agencies are breathing down your neck and calling you daily, your credit is shot so that you can't get a loan for a car or a home, you can't get into a good apartment for the same reason, you don't have enough money to help you through a rough patch, etc...  The world will force you to think about money every single moment of your waking life.

post #14564 of 16899
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post


Premier (slim fit) 1930s Highwayman.

 

Nice! I have been wanting to see fit pics of the slimmer versions. Can you post some when you get it?

post #14565 of 16899
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post


Premier (slim fit) 1930s Highwayman.

How slim are you?  I have a regular half belt, which, iirc, is about the same fit, and it already fits quite slim on me.  I can't imagine wearing something much slimmer than that.  Of course, that crazy jacket is 4 ounce leather, so that probably plays a significant role.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?