Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 1/15/17 at 12:25pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 1/9/17 at 11:07am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 946post #14177 of 168797/12/15 at 8:56ampost #14178 of 168797/12/15 at 9:01ampost #14179 of 168797/12/15 at 12:01pmpost #14180 of 168797/12/15 at 1:49pmpost #14181 of 168797/12/15 at 2:04pmQuote:
I've never seen a Margiela 5-zip that is stiff in the way a traditional moto jacket is stiff.
Incidentally, does anyone know the origin of that particular design? Margiela used so many historical garments that it's unlikely that that very distinctive design just came from nowhere. And yet, I can't recall ever coming across a vintage jacket with that configuration of pockets and zippers.post #14182 of 168797/13/15 at 7:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Kid Nickels
@Paul84 wtf is that bullshit? What's next Davoucci?
Carry on with this thread, what i did was to post and then go through it properly. You can fuck off with that Davoucci shit there. I got that jacket years ago and now i try to get rid of it. Obviously here is not the right place to do that, which i realised afterwards.
Edited by Paul84 - 7/13/15 at 11:13ampost #14183 of 168797/13/15 at 1:09pmpost #14184 of 168797/14/15 at 8:49amQuote:Originally Posted by dieworkwear
Black, navy, and slate blue. All in lambskin. I used to have a black calf, but sold it cause it felt a bit too stiff and boxy for me.
I like them all. The black one is probably easiest to wear, but I think the others are a bit more interesting. Prob just depends on what you have in your closet.Quote:
Bump! @dieworkwear ?post #14185 of 168797/14/15 at 9:53amQuote:Originally Posted by hoodog
I think the jacket goes well with grey, tan, and brown pants. It's not as versatile as black, but it's more interesting and spring/ summery. I like it better than some of the other non-black colors MM puts this design out in, but it's really just a matter of taste and what else you have in your closet.post #14186 of 168797/14/15 at 7:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by dieworkwear
I think the jacket goes well with grey, tan, and brown pants. It's not as versatile as black, but it's more interesting and spring/ summery. I like it better than some of the other non-black colors MM puts this design out in, but it's really just a matter of taste and what else you have in your closet.
Here are some old fit pics of jackets I used to own.post #14187 of 168797/14/15 at 8:32pmpost #14188 of 168797/14/15 at 10:44pmpost #14189 of 168797/18/15 at 3:09ampost #14190 of 168797/18/15 at 8:11amQuote:
Because it's hard to find an interesting brown leather without reaching up into the higher quality leathers. I do have one, and love it, but it was a RRL jacket with a dark brown background that has an overcoat of black that is then stripped away, so that you end up with a leather that looks "darker" and a bit distressed, and gets more so the more I wear it. Jackets with a brown base, but are more dramatic, like whiskey and Number 8 have much more inherent drama. And if you want a modernized motorcycle inspired look, or any look that is "sleek", then black is an obvious choice. There are companies that do great brown jackets, usually based on early motorcycle jackets, and military jackets (like Navy and RAF shearlings), but those are not the bodies in fashion right now.
Personally, I love the browns in the 60s and 70s, like those used by the East West Musical Instrument companies, but those leathers are hard to come by.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 55 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL Canadian News, Politics, and Events Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...