or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 934

post #13996 of 16648
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post
 
Lewis is an enigma in that they currently seem to not have a single US stock list, only over in the UK, and only full price. Even there it appears they don't carry much stock and will just be a middle man for a custom build. Frustrating as there is certainly a market here but with that 3 to 4 month wait they apparently don't currently need to sell more unless they can ramp up production. Even eBay is pretty dry, I keep an eye out there trying to grab one.

 

Stronghold, in Venice, CA, has an enormous selection of Lewis jackets.

 

The chest patch/label is a deal breaker for me.

post #13997 of 16648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adroit View Post

Stronghold, in Venice, CA, has an enormous selection of Lewis jackets.

The chest patch/label is a deal breaker for me.

Thanks for clearing that up, once I could search on The Stronghold I was able to find some pics of their selection. I'm not a fan of the patch either but I think on an older jacket where it's a bit beat up to wear on the bike I'd be ok with it.
post #13998 of 16648
Anyone know anything about golden bear jackets?
post #13999 of 16648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adroit View Post
 

 

Stronghold, in Venice, CA, has an enormous selection of Lewis jackets.

 

The chest patch/label is a deal breaker for me.

Will they get rid of it on MTM orders? I would've sworn I've seen LL jackets without it, but I could be mistaken

post #14000 of 16648
@LA Guy do you still have an order with Johnson Leather for the bison moto? Just how many leather jackets will you have once you secure an order on the Aero, and Cyclone?satisfied.gif
post #14001 of 16648
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

uhhhh why is this not my job???

Do you really want to be Jasper's gimp?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post

BTW, I think black CXL will look absolutely killer in that jacket, sort of Javier Bardem in No Country for Old Men. Take a look at their label choices because I think they give you a choice of a few in that jacket, with a country motif being the standard.

Ordered, and exactly.  It was after that movie that one of my friends called my personal style "killer cowboy".  I like that.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgcookielol View Post

@LA Guy do you still have an order with Johnson Leather for the bison moto? Just how many leather jackets will you have once you secure an order on the Aero, and Cyclone?satisfied.gif

I do have the sample - it needs a few adjustments.  However, we will not be going through with that project - just couldn't agree on all aspects of the project, and you should all be able to come to an agreement at the beginning, or things can't possibly go well.  I'm working on something else now, but will STFU until that is actually ready.  Re. number of leather jackets?  I'm gonna take the 5th on that one.

post #14002 of 16648
anybody have some tips or suggestions for a black/dark-grey blazer or coat in horsehide or thick calf

I want to avoid all the guido-douchebag-dadcore ones, looking for a slim fit but substantial and hard wearing

for example I like these 2 but maybe theres something similar out there I'm unaware of Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #14003 of 16648
Probably not feasible, but: Unionmade made a special pattern/ fit for leather sport coats through Golden Bear (a bit shorter, slimmer fitting, etc). Regular GB leather sport coats are awful, but the ones at Unionmade were kind of nice (in a semi-Barena-fit way). I assume that paper pattern is exclusive to Unionmade, but if not, Golden Bear takes custom orders and you can maybe enquire with them.

Even if it turns out well though, they don't have the sort of dark vibe of the jackets you posted above. Doesn't really feel like your style, so prob a bad suggestion.

Anyway, if you want to go RTW, they have an indigo one if you're flexible on color. It's kind of grey-ish.

http://unionmadegoods.com/product/golden-bear-golden-bear-for-unionmade-lamba-leather-blazer-in-indigo/
post #14004 of 16648

Apologies for the dirty mirror but I just bought a Sandro leather jacket on sale ($~800). I don't know enough about leather to comment on quality but it does feel thick and durable. What do you think? 

 

Do you think my fit is off? I feel like there is a lot of space in the waist but I'm not too sure.

 

I originally wanted MTM but I was one of the victims that got shafted by TOJ (waited 2 years with no delivery). Do you  guys think the Sandro jacket is worth it? Or should I wait another 6-9 weeks for another nice leather like Vanson? Is it a day and night difference?

 

 

 

More pics;

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w33/questbars1/2_zpsx6q7ys2e.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w33/questbars1/20150609_000718_zps73dyu2w6.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w33/questbars1/3_zpsodiwjpvg.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w33/questbars1/4_zpsjxzkoxil.jpg

post #14005 of 16648
Quote:
Originally Posted by canstyleace View Post

anybody have some tips or suggestions for a black/dark-grey blazer or coat in horsehide or thick calf

I want to avoid all the guido-douchebag-dadcore ones, looking for a slim fit but substantial and hard wearing

for example I like these 2 but maybe theres something similar out there I'm unaware of Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I'm not a leather blazer fan but if you're interested in that style, can't do better than the Layer-0
post #14006 of 16648
Got a lewis leathers 391, wondering if i should keep it. Fit pics below

first impressions
-one lapel is larger than the other. it looks like a slice of pizza
-too much material down the middle? dunno how to describe but its in the pics,
-pit to elbow area is baggy
-shoulders probably too big?
-front length is a bit short
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #14007 of 16648
Weird issues aside it's way too short on you
post #14008 of 16648
Quote:
Originally Posted by questbar View Post
 

Apologies for the dirty mirror but I just bought a Sandro leather jacket on sale ($~800). I don't know enough about leather to comment on quality but it does feel thick and durable. What do you think? 

 

Do you think my fit is off? I feel like there is a lot of space in the waist but I'm not too sure.

 

I originally wanted MTM but I was one of the victims that got shafted by TOJ (waited 2 years with no delivery). Do you  guys think the Sandro jacket is worth it? Or should I wait another 6-9 weeks for another nice leather like Vanson? Is it a day and night difference?

 

 

 

 

It looks pretty good to me.  To me, you don't want that jacket to be too cinching in the middle unless you really want that motorcycle look, in check case, a more traditional motorcycle jacket, which has a more pronounced V-shape, might be for you.  That's one of the main differences between a "fashion jacket" and a traditional motorcycle jacket.  The jacket is slimmer through the shoulders, for the same size, so that it has less of a V shape, and is more streamlined throughout.  If you are athletic (broad shoulders, deep drop), then sometimes a more traditional jacket will be good for you, but it doesn't look like you have that much room in the waist, at least in the shots you've provided.  

 

The Vanson jacket would definitely have more longevity, and the leather will be decidedly both more difficult to break in, and ultimately more satisfying, but that really depends on your personal tastes/preference. 

 

Incidentally, that jacket, with some differences in the detail, is a lot like the slimmer cut of the classic Schott Perfecto:

https://www.schottnyc.com/products/lightweight-waxy-cowhide-fitted-motorcycle.htm?color=1&catID=7

 

It's also a lot like the Lewis Leathers Bronx, but LL is more expensive, hard to find, and honestly, really only doing MTM right now.

post #14009 of 16648
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
 

 

It looks pretty good to me.  To me, you don't want that jacket to be too cinching in the middle unless you really want that motorcycle look, in check case, a more traditional motorcycle jacket, which has a more pronounced V-shape, might be for you.  That's one of the main differences between a "fashion jacket" and a traditional motorcycle jacket.  The jacket is slimmer through the shoulders, for the same size, so that it has less of a V shape, and is more streamlined throughout.  If you are athletic (broad shoulders, deep drop), then sometimes a more traditional jacket will be good for you, but it doesn't look like you have that much room in the waist, at least in the shots you've provided.  

 

The Vanson jacket would definitely have more longevity, and the leather will be decidedly both more difficult to break in, and ultimately more satisfying, but that really depends on your personal tastes/preference. 

 

Incidentally, that jacket, with some differences in the detail, is a lot like the slimmer cut of the classic Schott Perfecto:

https://www.schottnyc.com/products/lightweight-waxy-cowhide-fitted-motorcycle.htm?color=1&catID=7

 

It's also a lot like the Lewis Leathers Bronx, but LL is more expensive, hard to find, and honestly, really only doing MTM right now.

 

Thanks for your feedback. I do want the slim look. Can you clarify what you mean a more traditional motorcycle jacket? Do you mean a standard motto?

 

Also, I do have a big drop to waist (39.5 chest 30.5 waist) - That's why I'm concerned with the fit. Based on my fit, do you recommend me to try the Vanson derby? I'm also worried that the fit may not be better since I only got 1 attempt after the initial fitting shipment.

post #14010 of 16648
Quote:
Originally Posted by questbar View Post
 

 

Thanks for your feedback. I do want the slim look. Can you clarify what you mean a more traditional motorcycle jacket? Do you mean a standard motto?

 

Also, I do have a big drop to waist (39.5 chest 30.5 waist) - That's why I'm concerned with the fit. Based on my fit, do you recommend me to try the Vanson derby? I'm also worried that the fit may not be better since I only got 1 attempt after the initial fitting shipment.

That is a deep drop, considerably deeper than the standard 6" and 7" drops for regular American and European drops, respectively, and even deeper than the athletic fit drop (8").  If you also  have broad shoulders, and it seems like you do, I would suggest the derby, which has wider shoulders and a trimmer waist, than the Daredevil.  The good thing about ordering with @Thurston Bros is that they do have a range of jackets that they can suggest to you.  But yes, if you want a jacket that tapers down more from the chest and shoulders, the derby would be a good bet.  Of course, a jacket like that is also more likely to exaggerate your build even more, something you may or may not want, and that you should keep in mind.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?