The singed leather that he uses looks cool, but the cut needs work
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:27 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 1/9/17 at 11:07am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 921post #13802 of 168925/26/15 at 10:32pmpost #13803 of 168925/26/15 at 10:57pmYeah, it's really, really thick leather, and it's also cut longer than a lot of other jackets. I was too short to pull it off well, sat on my hips.
Here's another shot with a taller model, little more broken in
Again, not for me - if I didn't know about the designer/construction process I wouldn't look twice, but very cool as an object
I love that you can see the notes on how the pattern matches up on the inside of the jacket:post #13804 of 168925/26/15 at 11:01pmpost #13805 of 168925/26/15 at 11:05pmpost #13806 of 168925/27/15 at 12:17amQuote:Originally Posted by LaymanX
Designer Baller Leathers ($3k+) aka fashion status symbol[*] Yves Saint Laurent 1
[*] RLPL (Ralph Lauren Purple Label) 1
[*] Rick Owens 1
[*] Julius 1
[*] CCP (Carol Christian Poell) 1
[*] Maison Martin Margiela 1
[*] Bottega Veneta 1
[*] Balmain 1
[*] Balenciaga 1
[*] Valentino, Brioni, Boris Bidjian, Belstaff, Incarnation, and too many more to name
I doubt that most people would put Balenciaga a notch above Lanvin (or Lanvin in the same tier as Acne, for that matter).
I also like to think that Brioni quality-wise sits above fashion labels but sadly don't have personal experience. (Had a chance to get one once on stylebop @ 900€ and slept on it... )post #13807 of 168925/27/15 at 12:22amQuote:
How do those cotton linings hold up though? I used to have a (inexpensive, admittedly) cotton-lined leather jacket and sold it after only a year when it became apparent that the cotton lining wouldn't last very long.
So far I think cupro (bemberg?) is maybe the best compromise. It's a lot less stifling than polyester (and better-looking) but relatively durable also.post #13808 of 168925/27/15 at 12:29am
Brioni stuff is great but it's not better than IMO. It was a great deal a few years ago but people (and Brioni) have caught on and the price went up.
For the leathers, especially the 'fashion' ones, as LAGuy said it's really piece by piece. The quality is all over the map and depending on the season/style you have to pay attention, but it's perfectly conceivable that a Balenciaga Leather could be better than a Lanvin or vice versa at any given point in time.
As for Acne...eh, I haven't had the best experiences with them. I think their denim is mostly hype and their cuts are pretty bad. The prices on their leathers are pretty high so why not just shop around and get something with better fit/styling and probably better quality.
That leather jacket pictured above looks like a movable torture chamber.post #13809 of 168925/27/15 at 12:58am
Is that Faust in the LEB jacket? Anyway I agree it looks pretty bad and uncomfortable as hell.
I like this ZB jacket for summer, it's described as very lightweight washed calf. I know some people are sick of overlock stitching but I still like it, and I like the colour and raglan shoulders.post #13810 of 168925/27/15 at 2:36ampost #13811 of 168925/27/15 at 4:09am
There's also a shorter version of that LEB jacket and it fits my 5'10" frame remarkably well. Has a shorter collar too. The longer version I personally can't pull off, nor do I even like.
And yeah it's kind of a bitch to put on.
Seen here on a Hide-M model:
Edited by antt1 - 5/27/15 at 8:39ampost #13812 of 168925/27/15 at 5:45amI used to didn't like the LEB design but after reading his idea and the process of its creation, I have come to appreciate the jacket.Quote:Originally Posted by nicelynice
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
edit: Here's another shot of the jacket in a different material - again, will look a lot better broken in as the material it's quite heavy
Do I have to always brood when I use it? Lol!post #13813 of 168925/27/15 at 7:18ampost #13814 of 168925/27/15 at 7:25amQuote:Originally Posted by skeen7908
Tyson never reached his peak
He was like 19 when cus died
Imagine if he'd kept his shit together until he reached his physical peak 25-26?
Or until hed become more mature and experienced as a boxer
He was physically gifted and an incredible talent for a teenager
This leon emmanuel blank jacket looks laughably bad imo
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
well that looks ridiculouspost #13815 of 168925/27/15 at 8:39am
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 22 seconds ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NWT $700 RLPL "Madison" Flat Front Charcoal Dress Pants, 32" and... 5 minutes ago
- › Obama's Unravelling 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 10 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 19 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 26 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...