or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 909

post #13621 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

Will you alert folks about it I this thread?

I intend you, yes.  If I forget, someone should remind my ass.  My google calendar is pretty jammed packed, and there are always additional fires to put out.

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

post #13622 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post


I dropped a heft chunk of change on some antique Japanese boro fabric last year, intending to use the material as lining for that Vanson x Junya thing. So bummed it's not happening.

Not sure what I'm going to do with this fabric now. Haven't seen a jacket yet that looks right for it.

Flight jacket. I'm going to start patching the (ripping) lining of my cotton Cloak jacket with antique fabrics, I think. Anyway, make sure you take pictures whenever you do it. 

post #13623 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusW View Post
This sounds about right. I saw the Honourmark prototype very briefly on Shawn at a recent Styleforum Meetup. Very nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktown View Post

I'm in if the final pics and pricing are a fit for me. I prefer a less pebbly/grainy look so I'm not sure if goat will work for me but I will have to see the pics to be able to make a decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janoy89 View Post

I think he mentioned horsehide would be an option, I'm also not a big fan of grainy leather.

Well, the samples are ready!

 

My personal one is a heavyweight bison - so, a heavy grain and it is bulletproof (think Wolverine), but the other sample is goat.  Of course, when the time comes, we'll do pictures of the leather options.  @GusW, I think that you are going to want one of these things.  You will be the most badass dude at any winebar, anywhere.  Next time we meet up for drinks, you will be sipping a well balanced Pinot Grigio and destroying some musclehead in an armwrestling contest at the same time.

post #13624 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudy View Post
 

I recently picked up this beautiful SS13 SLP moto.  It's a heavy lamb with tarpunto stitching on the shoulders.

 

 

 

 

I remember having really liked this jacket, but I really wished that he would specify that the jackets be made of calf instead of lamb.  It's odd that he would always use lamb, which doesn't age very well, seeing that so much of his inpsiration comes from grunge and from punk.   Both are associated with beat up, worn in, clothing.  For me, that is the thing that is missing from his design - he thinks of the "look right now", but not about the way the orignal inspiration might have been worn and treated.  Lamb works for Brioni and for Brunello Cucinelli and for Gucci.  But SLP, I dunno.

post #13625 of 16655
^^ most of his leathers are actually calf, at least for men. He does maybe 1 per season in lamb IME, at least since the '13 seasons. My others from '14 & '15 are calf. Way harder to find men's lamb leather from SLP, this jacket in particular was made in very small numbers from what I understand.
post #13626 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudy View Post

^^ most of his leathers are actually calf, at least for men. He does maybe 1 per season in lamb IME, at least since the '13 seasons. My others from '14 & '15 are calf. Way harder to find men's lamb leather from SLP, this jacket in particular was made in very small numbers from what I understand.

I stand corrected.  All the jackets that I've handled have been lamb, but it's not been a particularly comprehensive sampling.

post #13627 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudy View Post

^^ most of his leathers are actually calf, at least for men. He does maybe 1 per season in lamb IME, at least since the '13 seasons. My others from '14 & '15 are calf. Way harder to find men's lamb leather from SLP, this jacket in particular was made in very small numbers from what I understand.

I am not a fan of the shoulder quilting but those concentric circles are amazing stitching work, especially since it has to maintain continuity onto the sleeves. To keep with the theme of the questions, in which direction do you take a jacket like this after purchase? Beat it up? Keep it looking new? Is that left side (the wearer's left) zipper functional?
post #13628 of 16655
Vanson x SF 'junya-esque' moto not happening? Lucky I didn't sell my Junya then. Shame.
post #13629 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobochobo View Post

Vanson x SF 'junya-esque' moto not happening? Lucky I didn't sell my Junya then. Shame.

Yeah, it looks like Vanson is just super super bottlenecked in the patterning department. I don't think Thurston said it's a never but I'm guessing after all the delays that have happened with the daredevil (OG dates for the size grading were supposed to be back in October iirc) Thurston doesn't want to make any promises they can't keep 

post #13630 of 16655

I think SLP Calf only comes in L17 and in the seasonal inspired jackets (Sumi Ink, Studded, Leopard, Western, etc.) While the L01 and most of the stuff in stores and sent to retailers is lamb due to customer complaints of calf being too heavy. I agree though, for a few hundred more the Calf is the way to go, much more durable and substantial. 

 

Just picked the L17 calf up 

post #13631 of 16655
That jacket looks so much better in calf, awesome
post #13632 of 16655

Thanks NN! The price is a bit obnoxious but it makes for a nice reference piece and I can't wait to see it break in over the years. Fits like a glove as well. Not boxy or anything. 

post #13633 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post


I am not a fan of the shoulder quilting but those concentric circles are amazing stitching work, especially since it has to maintain continuity onto the sleeves. To keep with the theme of the questions, in which direction do you take a jacket like this after purchase? Beat it up? Keep it looking new? Is that left side (the wearer's left) zipper functional?

 

I will just wear it and try to keep it in good shape, but I'm not going to baby it.  The lamb is very soft so I'll probably avoid things like wearing it traveling or in huge crowds or something.

 

The zippers are fully functional but I won't be doing much with the other one, It is mainly there for fashion's sake.

post #13634 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

I stand corrected.  All the jackets that I've handled have been lamb, but it's not been a particularly comprehensive sampling.

The basic riders that are the most common and usually made of lamb except for the one just posted. In other words you'll see a lot more jackets in lamb than calf but if you were to look at every model presented in the collection, most of them are in calf. That's my experience but I'm not a SLP nerd, just went to the places where they sell those in Paris (Printemps, SLP stores) and in various SE asian cities (I like to look at luxury brand stores in asia, it's just so weird how they perceive the stuff).
post #13635 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

The basic riders that are the most common and usually made of lamb except for the one just posted. In other words you'll see a lot more jackets in lamb than calf but if you were to look at every model presented in the collection, most of them are in calf. That's my experience but I'm not a SLP nerd, just went to the places where they sell those in Paris (Printemps, SLP stores) and in various SE asian cities (I like to look at luxury brand stores in asia, it's just so weird how they perceive the stuff).

can you elaborate on this point please
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?