Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 905

post #13561 of 17209

When being worn fully zipped I kinda like minimalist DR with no buttons snaps, pockets and stuff, however it looks out of control when worn totally unzipped.

perhaps both front panels need to be really thin, or with all their edges raw, or unlined, so they could drape, rest better, I dunno what I'm talking...  

just my 0.02

post #13562 of 17209
Margiela calfskin, one year in. Finally starting to break in a bit - quite happy with how it's turning out, I've seen a couple where the leather just kind of turned into a crinkly mess


post #13563 of 17209
looks great, FW13 calf is one of the best iterations i've seen
post #13564 of 17209
Quote:
Originally Posted by navetsea View Post

When being worn fully zipped I kinda like minimalist DR with no buttons snaps, pockets and stuff, however it looks out of control when worn totally unzipped.
perhaps both front panels need to be really thin, or with all their edges raw, or unlined, so they could drape, rest better, I dunno what I'm talking...  
just my 0.02

I agree. They are lopsided by design, I'm not sure there is anyway to make them drape properly unless zipped up.
post #13565 of 17209
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelynice View Post

Margiela calfskin, one year in. Finally starting to break in a bit - quite happy with how it's turning out, I've seen a couple where the leather just kind of turned into a crinkly mess

The leather looks really good, and the zips don't jump out at me as much as they usually do.
post #13566 of 17209


This is cool
post #13567 of 17209
i think the construction process is cool, but can't say i find the end result aesthetically pleasing
post #13568 of 17209
nicelynice, the 5 zip looks really awesome.
post #13569 of 17209

I don't really get the seam work. It's clearly not for function like what Devoa does, nor does it look good imo. Reminds me of what Reo Ma did, but not as good.  

post #13570 of 17209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulan View Post

I don't really get the seam work. It's clearly not for function like what Devoa does, nor does it look good imo. Reminds me of what Reo Ma did, but not as good.  

It's so that the piece is constructed with one uninterrupted piece of material, I think.
post #13571 of 17209
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

It's so that the piece is constructed with one uninterrupted piece of material, I think.

I don't believe so, you need multiple hides to make a jacket. The HH used for jackets is typically only from the front portion of the hide. It's interesting from an artistic stand point, certainly a lot of work has to go into the pattern and construction.
post #13572 of 17209
The seams are more fashion than function.
post #13573 of 17209
It's not one piece. On the inside you can see the hand written markings/numbers on the individual pieces.

Not sure now, but all the pieces I handled were unlined.

Edit: this is what it starts out as:
20130814_202337.jpg
http://gullam.jp/blog/9817.html
post #13574 of 17209
Yikes, sorry. I was way off.
post #13575 of 17209
Custom jacket I just got. Black python and suede trimming.


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?