or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 884

post #13246 of 16653
QL Mansion Maker



post #13247 of 16653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston Bros View Post

Both the Vanson Daredevil (rider) and the moto version are jackets that sit right in between fashion and function--due to the high quality leather, these jackets can be used for riding, but they have cut and styling that we typically categorize as fashion. 

What's the moto version ?
post #13248 of 16653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adroit View Post

My favorite classic (mandarin collar) moto/cafe racer is the Real McCoy Buco J-100.  IMHO, RMC got it perfect with this jacket.

My second favorite cafe racer is the Himel Kensington.

The Toys McCoy Single Rider (Beck) looks great in photos, but I have never seen it in person.

Aero offers the Sonoma and Board Racer.  If you go this route, I strongly suggest the Vincenza hide offered by Thurston Bros.

Johnson Leathers and Langlitz offer classic cafe racers (I personally do not care for Langlitz' hides).

There is also Schott and Vanson. 

Thanks man, you own the buco?
post #13249 of 16653
post #13250 of 16653
did you guys actually agree on something?
post #13251 of 16653
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adroit View Post

My favorite classic (mandarin collar) moto/cafe racer is the Real McCoy Buco J-100.  IMHO, RMC got it perfect with this jacket.

My second favorite cafe racer is the Himel Kensington.

The Toys McCoy Single Rider (Beck) looks great in photos, but I have never seen it in person.

Aero offers the Sonoma and Board Racer.  If you go this route, I strongly suggest the Vincenza hide offered by Thurston Bros.

Johnson Leathers and Langlitz offer classic cafe racers (I personally do not care for Langlitz' hides).

There is also Schott and Vanson. 

Thanks man, you own the buco?

 

Yup.

 

post #13252 of 16653
Adroit knows his leather.
post #13253 of 16653
I had a chance to play with the board racer, and if I had the cash lying around that would be a great, great jacket to have.
post #13254 of 16653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adroit View Post

Yup.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)











nice, wish it had pockets on the sides
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

I had a chance to play with the board racer, and if I had the cash lying around that would be a great, great jacket to have.


thurston gave you one to try on right?
post #13255 of 16653
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adroit View Post

Yup

 

nice, wish it had pockets on the sides

 

Thanks.  The original did not have side pockets.  That said, if you want pockets, Thurston can add them to the the Sonoma (maybe also the Board Racer).

post #13256 of 16653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adroit View Post

Thanks.  The original did not have side pockets.  That said, if you want pockets, Thurston can add them to the the Sonoma (maybe also the Board Racer).

yea i know that smile.gif

i was wondering about the buco
post #13257 of 16653

After searching around here and looking at all the reviews, I finally bought a Highwayman in black steerhide from Aero Leather.  I am about 6'1" and 190 pounds or so--I got a size 42 with 27" sleeves and a 27" back.  Sleeves are perfect, if I could add an inch to the length, I might--it isn't too short, it's just that I am one of those guys that prefer things a bit longer.  Bought it through Insurrection/Thurston Brothers with Carrie.  They were awesome to work with.  Here is a picture of the jacket they sent me just before it shipped.  I have been wearing it for a month and it has been breaking in, ever so slowly.  Love it.  Will last a lifetime.

post #13258 of 16653
post #13259 of 16653
I like it that the Japanese online stores list the measurements of their products on their website. It takes away the guesswork of determining what size to get.
post #13260 of 16653

i like that their biggest size wouldn't fit a 15 year old me

 

unless it's just the usual asian thing where they dont carry anything above a slim medium. If so i wonder where all the size 5s go.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?