or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 874

post #13096 of 16655
I've been looking for a while now for a decent shearling jacket and found this Costume National one. Everything is great about it except the sleeves are a bit longer than what I'm used to. Do they look comically long or are they passable? Thanks!

Capture2_zpselzvmf74.jpg
post #13097 of 16655
based on the shoulders and the overall fit its a size too big, in which the arms should be a better size upon sizing down.
post #13098 of 16655

Sorry for the terrible pic quality, but yeah - it's got some spark.  More of an evening/night jacket, not daytime, per se...

 

 

post #13099 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudy View Post

Sorry for the terrible pic quality, but yeah - it's got some spark.  More of an evening/night jacket, not daytime, per se...





The studs don't look as "much" once you wear it lol.
post #13100 of 16655
I'm all for stupid tacky bullshit, but I can't say I think those studs add anything to the jacket. And they kinda clash with the print of your shirt.
post #13101 of 16655
prudy you look great. this is a forum that thinks a margiela 5-zip and toj are the greatest jackets ever made. lol.

oj that balmain safety pins jacket is one of the greatest leathers ever made. i still regret not buying when i could have. the fit and finish are truly amazing. i still remember how severe the cut was and how perfect the leather was. fucking decarnin needs to come out of hiding already.
post #13102 of 16655
the studs on that SLP remind me of a giant clown necktie


@neonrider Yes MMM 5zip is one of the forum faves, yes TOJ jackets are a forum fave. But, just because something is a forum fave doesn't mean its the best. However, it does mean that the hive mind of people on SF leans to a clean slim aesthetic which the SLP in question doesn't (slim but not clean to clarify). At the end of the day if he likes it then enjoy it but don't expect approval from here.

FWIW without getting into the quality question. There are a ton of leather jacket options outside of MMM/Toj that the are great.
post #13103 of 16655

No approval expected, I wanted your honest opinions.  I'm not thin-skinned, so don't hold back.  I assume most of my fashion choices won't jibe w/ this forum, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

 

@0JSIMPS0N great jacket...I remember that one, never had a chance to see it in person, but looks great you should post a wider pic so we can see it in all it's glory.

post #13104 of 16655
maybe we could have some different perspectives* in this thread without the juvenile hate? like you've got 500 pages of margiela, incarnation, all saints, toj, etc. perhaps we could move on to what people are actually wearing and loving these days...whether or not you like it...or maybe you could make a reasoned critique? shit, i get more out of seeing some random clueless newbie ask about a vintage jacket than i do out of Yet Another Pic of yet another incarnation jacket that looks exactly like every other pic of every other incarnation jacket since the beginning of recorded time.

furthermore, as for approval, there are about three people who post here...the same jackets...over and over again...endlessly.

*the only thing sadder than a goth ninja is a wannabe goth ninja.
Edited by neonrider - 2/18/15 at 8:23am
post #13105 of 16655

^^funny and true.  It would be cool to see some other styles/opinions.

post #13106 of 16655
I hope my comment didn't come across as mean; I don't like it, but wear in good health, dude.
post #13107 of 16655

^^haha, you mean aside from suggesting it was 'tacky bullshit' :)

 

No, it's all fine.  I think what neonrider said was true, though - would be cool to see some other leathers besides RO/TOJ/MMM, etc.  But, maybe no one has any...

 

That said, I own a RO Bauhaus so I can certainly appreciate that discussion, it would just be cool to see some other stuff, too.

post #13108 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonrider View Post

maybe we could have some different perspectives* in this thread without the juvenile hate? like you've got 500 pages of margiela, incarnation, all saints, toj, etc. perhaps we could move on to what people are actually wearing and loving these days...whether or not you like it...or maybe you could make a reasoned critique? shit, i get more out of seeing some random clueless newbie ask about a vintage jacket than i do out of Yet Another Pic of yet another incarnation jacket that looks exactly like every other pic of every other incarnation jacket since the beginning of recorded time.

furthermore, as for approval, there are about three people who post here...the same jackets...over and over again...endlessly.

*the only thing sadder than a goth ninja is a wannabe goth ninja.

All saints? bad imitation of incarnation, if someone posts them they get feedback, normally bad.

You are right there are mostly "goth ninja" jackets in this thread. But the issue is that pure classic jackets are kinda boring so its hard to talk about them. Hence, you get a lot of things like incarnation that does something different. But, i think you are not looking past those things enough. Any leather that looks cool would get a convo started. I am just one person whom did not like the SLP not a big deal.

Instead of complaining about things why don't you post and start some discussion?
post #13109 of 16655
in fact, let me start with the whole business of offering different perspectives. i think the 5-zip is a a really mediocre jacket. it's boxy and it's long. the zips are in the wrong places; too long, too angled, and they're useless. they don't create a slimming effect; they make most people look wider. unless you're seriously built, you have to size down. and even then the shoulders don't hit you in the right place. no matter how you size down, unless you're fairly chubby, the waist and underarms will always bulge. the armholes are low and the sleeves are huge. because it's oversized, unless you're wearing boxy jeans, the proportions never look right. the leather used was never that great to begin with; it was thick, but it didn't really have any great lustre, sheen, or drape. it wasn't structured enough to look sharp; or soft enough to look luxurious. in short, it's awkwardly fitted, hardly well constructed, and poorly designed for most body types.

the 5-zip is basically a starter jacket for luxury newbies who want something that's inoffensive and bland. but good style is never either of those things.

thank you.
post #13110 of 16655
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonrider View Post

prudy you look great. this is a forum that thinks a margiela 5-zip and toj are the greatest jackets ever made. lol.

oj that balmain safety pins jacket is one of the greatest leathers ever made. i still regret not buying when i could have. the fit and finish are truly amazing. i still remember how severe the cut was and how perfect the leather was. fucking decarnin needs to come out of hiding already.

Thanks man, its one of my all time favourite jackets. Decarnin was masterful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudy View Post

No approval expected, I wanted your honest opinions.  I'm not thin-skinned, so don't hold back.  I assume most of my fashion choices won't jibe w/ this forum, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

@0JSIMPS0N
 great jacket...I remember that one, never had a chance to see it in person, but looks great you should post a wider pic so we can see it in all it's glory.

Lol I wanted to spare everyone the dirty mirror pic. Ill post some pics later.

This thread could benefit from some variety, the fact that 5 zips, TOJ, and Rick's Moldovian trash bags are worshipped is laughable to anyone that knows leather jackets. Style aside, I fully understand the SLP, Balmain, etc aesthetic is not for everyone, the leather/cut/quality in general(some exceptions of course) of the aforementioned is utter shit. Whenever I see stuff like "ya bro my TOJ is the same quality as a Tom Ford jacket, cause, well, the guy who makes the jackets said so", I cringe.

Heres another of my favourites. PETA people look away. Horse leather, rabbit fur lining, big fat raccoon fur (removable). I mean... quality you'll know when you see it.

20150218_123206_zpsguhnqxec.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?