Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 8:43 am in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 11/25/16 at 4:38am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 856post #12826 of 1664812/19/14 at 8:21ampost #12827 of 1664812/19/14 at 8:48amQuote:Originally Posted by sinnedk
FYI interesting auction here http://www.ebay.com/itm/5K-Burberry-Prorsum-Made-in-Italy-Black-Leather-Motorcycle-Jacket-Coat-46-NR-/351258397277?pt=US_CSA_WC_Outerwear&hash=item51c8a1ca5d&rmvSB=true
That was once owned by Buzz Bissinger.
http://www.gq.com/news-politics/newsmakers/201304/buzz-bissinger-shopaholic-gucci-addictionpost #12828 of 1664812/19/14 at 10:18ampost #12829 of 1664812/19/14 at 8:47pmpost #12830 of 1664812/19/14 at 8:56pmpost #12831 of 1664812/19/14 at 9:05pmpost #12832 of 1664812/19/14 at 9:09pmQuote:
depends on what you want. Sport bike or cruiser style?
Dainese has very good items. Also for Cruiser you can do a custom make @ Langlitz. Their leather is beautiful. You can request them to have inner pocket for armor insert.
I still have my old beat up Fox Creek and wear it sometimes.post #12833 of 1664812/19/14 at 9:09pmpost #12834 of 1664812/20/14 at 5:33amQuote:
I've got three armored moto jackets, in leather and textile. I also have another 5 or so that are leather without armor that I wear an armored shirt underneath. (Bohn and Knox) The limitation of an armored jacket is that unless the jacket is skin tight in every spot on you, the armor just doesn't ever seem to stay in the right spot. (And my textiles are high end jackets)
With an armored shirt, it's a very lightweight, mesh shirt with the armor held tight against your body, and then you have a good fitting leather over the top of it to further secure it. You also now have a nice jacket that you can wear out to the pub, etc...
If you really want to go the armored jacket route, I agree that you should look at a Euro design like Dainese for a very trim fit that will help keep the armor in place.post #12835 of 1664812/20/14 at 5:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Synthese
get in touch with @Thurston Bros
about a nice leather and lopro armor underneath? I believe they've recommended that a few times.
+1, they have great moto jackets and stock Knox and Alpine Stars armored shirts. I often get off the bike, remove the armored shirt and throw it in my saddle bag, then can relax and eat lunch comfortably.post #12836 of 1664812/20/14 at 8:03am
The Toughest Great Question Ever:
Should I go with the MA+ in bison or cow?
I already have the cow in a non-biker (it has this big wool collar thing, so it stays hidden from moths in a hanging plastic bag), but it's so amazing, having a biker might mean more options. Seriously, does anything get more beautiful than this??
But the bison is different, a bit more macho (which I can always use a bit more of, cough cough), and has cotton lining, which means less vulnerable to moths, which likely means more wear time.
p.s. Apologies for the duplicate post; this seems to be my favorite thread, for what that's worth. :)post #12837 of 1664812/20/14 at 9:30ampost #12838 of 1664812/20/14 at 9:39ampost #12839 of 1664812/20/14 at 10:12am
@fwoedit, did you check out the MA+ bison biker at Hlorenzo? Did you like the pronounced grain on that one?
Also, in addition to the reverse bison biker available at a bunch of stores, I believe PNP got a non-reverse version too, if you dislike the shine. It all comes down to whether you like the grain on bison compared to the cow.post #12840 of 1664812/20/14 at 10:44am
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Next markdown on the website? 15 seconds ago
- › 2016 ERMENEGILDO ZEGNA Long Sleeve Shirt sz L 24 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 38 seconds ago
- › Vass Whiskey Shell Cordovan Alt Wien Shoes size 41 New Peter P2 last 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway