Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 10:22 am in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 3/7/17 at 8:12am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 856post #12826 of 1720912/19/14 at 8:21ampost #12827 of 1720912/19/14 at 8:48amQuote:Originally Posted by sinnedk
FYI interesting auction here http://www.ebay.com/itm/5K-Burberry-Prorsum-Made-in-Italy-Black-Leather-Motorcycle-Jacket-Coat-46-NR-/351258397277?pt=US_CSA_WC_Outerwear&hash=item51c8a1ca5d&rmvSB=true
That was once owned by Buzz Bissinger.
http://www.gq.com/news-politics/newsmakers/201304/buzz-bissinger-shopaholic-gucci-addictionpost #12828 of 1720912/19/14 at 10:18ampost #12829 of 1720912/19/14 at 8:47pmpost #12830 of 1720912/19/14 at 8:56pmpost #12831 of 1720912/19/14 at 9:05pmpost #12832 of 1720912/19/14 at 9:09pmQuote:
depends on what you want. Sport bike or cruiser style?
Dainese has very good items. Also for Cruiser you can do a custom make @ Langlitz. Their leather is beautiful. You can request them to have inner pocket for armor insert.
I still have my old beat up Fox Creek and wear it sometimes.post #12833 of 1720912/19/14 at 9:09pmpost #12834 of 1720912/20/14 at 5:33amQuote:
I've got three armored moto jackets, in leather and textile. I also have another 5 or so that are leather without armor that I wear an armored shirt underneath. (Bohn and Knox) The limitation of an armored jacket is that unless the jacket is skin tight in every spot on you, the armor just doesn't ever seem to stay in the right spot. (And my textiles are high end jackets)
With an armored shirt, it's a very lightweight, mesh shirt with the armor held tight against your body, and then you have a good fitting leather over the top of it to further secure it. You also now have a nice jacket that you can wear out to the pub, etc...
If you really want to go the armored jacket route, I agree that you should look at a Euro design like Dainese for a very trim fit that will help keep the armor in place.post #12835 of 1720912/20/14 at 5:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Synthese
get in touch with @Thurston Bros
about a nice leather and lopro armor underneath? I believe they've recommended that a few times.
+1, they have great moto jackets and stock Knox and Alpine Stars armored shirts. I often get off the bike, remove the armored shirt and throw it in my saddle bag, then can relax and eat lunch comfortably.post #12836 of 1720912/20/14 at 8:03am
The Toughest Great Question Ever:
Should I go with the MA+ in bison or cow?
I already have the cow in a non-biker (it has this big wool collar thing, so it stays hidden from moths in a hanging plastic bag), but it's so amazing, having a biker might mean more options. Seriously, does anything get more beautiful than this??
But the bison is different, a bit more macho (which I can always use a bit more of, cough cough), and has cotton lining, which means less vulnerable to moths, which likely means more wear time.
p.s. Apologies for the duplicate post; this seems to be my favorite thread, for what that's worth. :)post #12837 of 1720912/20/14 at 9:30ampost #12838 of 1720912/20/14 at 9:39ampost #12839 of 1720912/20/14 at 10:12am
@fwoedit, did you check out the MA+ bison biker at Hlorenzo? Did you like the pronounced grain on that one?
Also, in addition to the reverse bison biker available at a bunch of stores, I believe PNP got a non-reverse version too, if you dislike the shine. It all comes down to whether you like the grain on bison compared to the cow.post #12840 of 1720912/20/14 at 10:44am
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread just now
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett and Jones Swansea. 10UK. 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI LEATER HORN HOODIE SZ M $2995 16 minutes ago
- › Entry level semi canvassed suit 16 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...