rag & bone moto jacket this season looks really nice imo
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 9:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 2/9/17 at 7:45am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 811post #12152 of 1711410/15/14 at 10:19pm
Saw a secondhand MMM navy 5-zip for sale and I was wondering about thoughts on that piece? I searched this thread and there seem to have been conflicting thoughts about the leather quality. Also the owner provided the following measurements:
Does this seem feasible for what seems to be a tagged size 50 from Mr. Porter? The chest seems really slim by those measurements.post #12153 of 1711410/15/14 at 10:33pmLeather quality on those varies season to season so there's no definitive answer. It's usually "alright" to "pretty good," I've never been stunned or too disappointed by MMM leather quality. However, alright doesn't cut it when you're dropping $2500 on a jacket so it also depends on the deal you're getting. It does run tight in the chest and wide in the shoulders, but not that much so, so likely someone measuring in the wrong place. Newer season ones consistently fit true to size. Don't buy ones older than 2008 or so without a good idea of the fit as the sizing is unbelievably screwy season to seasonpost #12154 of 1711410/15/14 at 10:36pmIt really depends. I own both calf made in italy and lamb made in romania. If I were to choose one jacket for the rest of my life the calf is nicer and would be my pick, but I actually wear the lamb more. Its lighter weight and "easier" to wear. Both of mine are size 50 and measure exactly 20.5" p2p. That being said, even though some people say the quality on certain 5 zips is iffy, generally speaking it is good or better across the board.post #12155 of 1711410/16/14 at 10:53pm
Found this post in the Epaulet thread...
So Epaulet jackets are better made than Lewis Leathers now?
Has anyone handled a Lewis Leathers rider in person and can comment on the quality?post #12156 of 1711410/16/14 at 11:30pmpost #12157 of 1711410/16/14 at 11:37pmWhat are people using to judge whether the quality of a leather jacket is any good?
Aside from obvious "flaws" -- like a maker using fatty/ wrinkly leather for certain parts of a jacket -- I'm not totally understanding how people are judging these things. And even then, some vintage repro brands will purposely use those parts of a hide becuase they're truer to the early to mid-century originals.
I get the sense that the things people deem as "quality" are really just "characteristics."
I can tell the difference in quality between an MMM and an H&M, but not so much an MMM and an RO. Or Cucinelli and Loro Piana. Buzz Rickson and Aero. Much like I don't think people can really tell the difference in quality between a Kiton and Isaia (or Crockett & Jones and Carmina, etc etc etc). The extreme comparisons are easy, but the stuff in between doesn't seem to be.post #12158 of 1711410/16/14 at 11:57pmpost #12159 of 1711410/17/14 at 12:40amThey almost exclusively use Horween leather (arguably one of the best tanneries in the world). Although the leather they use is much thicker than the average style forum member is after, it's gorgeous stuff that will last a lifetime. Top quality leather, classic styling and world class manufacturing, no wonder a lot of A list celebs wear Aeros.post #12160 of 1711410/17/14 at 1:44amQuote:Originally Posted by proteinnerd
They almost exclusively use Horween leather (arguably one of the best tanneries in the world). Although the leather they use is much thicker than the average style forum member is after, it's gorgeous stuff that will last a lifetime. Top quality leather, classic styling and world class manufacturing, no wonder a lot of A list celebs wear Aeros.
What A-list celebrities wear Aeros?
Most of the Aero fits I see on the internet look pretty bad aesthetically.post #12161 of 1711410/17/14 at 1:55amIf you don't like them, you didn't like them, no skin off my back. They definitely aren't for the androgynous hipsters if that's what you are into.
As for celebs, from memory Daniel Craig, Leo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp, Dave Grohl, Hugh Laurie (whether he is a list is debatable lol), P Diddy and others I can't think of. Check out the Thurston bros thread here to see some examples of good fitting jackets (or at least the fit I like)post #12162 of 1711410/17/14 at 2:06amQuote:Originally Posted by proteinnerd
If you don't like them, you didn't like them, no skin off my back. They definitely aren't for the androgynous hipsters if that's what you are into.
As for celebs, from memory Daniel Craig, Leo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp, Dave Grohl, Hugh Laurie (whether he is a list is debatable lol), P Diddy and others I can't think of. Check out the Thurston bros thread here to see some examples of good fitting jackets (or at least the fit I like)
I didn't say they were bad jackets, I just said they look bad aesthetically in most fits posted on the internet. Then again the main demographic for Aero seems to be overwhite old white men. I've seen a few good fit pics in the sheene and board racer on younger dudes but they are rare.
It's not hard to find good Lewis Leathers fits on the other hand.post #12163 of 1711410/17/14 at 2:45ampost #12164 of 1711410/17/14 at 3:43amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
Thats pretty much the androgynous hipster look that if you like, most Aero jackets probably won't be to your taste. The thickness of the leather they use is akin to real motorcycle jacket leathers...its just too thick for most fashion jacket wearers and doesn't give the drape they are after.post #12165 of 1711410/17/14 at 3:55am
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 4 minutes ago
- › English bridle leather belt size 31-32 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 23 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 27 minutes ago
- › M or L ? 29 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 30 minutes ago
- › new wallet at 200 or under 31 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 31 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway