Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 9:40 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 3/7/17 at 8:12am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 810post #12137 of 1720910/8/14 at 6:00pmpost #12138 of 1720910/8/14 at 8:24pmIt's not just that... it's also the long sleeves, really short and slim torso and sometimes shoulders are huge.
I have that jacket.. the same cordovan version (yeah turns out this is a stupid leather to get the jacket in). the wool lining is fairly lightly attached so pretty sure that will just rip off at some point when I take off the jacket.
Especially since the lining in my left sleeve is twisted somehow so I have to screw my left hand into that sleeve to get it through. Unfortunately I got it from Darklands so returning it wasn't really in the cards ;p
Bottom of jacket.
Edited by Abraxis - 10/8/14 at 8:37pmpost #12139 of 1720910/8/14 at 11:05pm
^^I wasn't aware ma+ made the biker jacket in cordovan. The horse is stiff and constricting enough.
I have the biker in horse and the wool lining is sown to the base of the collar (I think unlike yours, I have the double leather collar) and along the front zipper. So maybe our jackets differ on how the lining is attached. In my case, unless I am really careless or lift the jacket using just the lining, I don't think I would be able to rip the lining off that easily.
I agree mostly with the descriptions of the fit. If you have the right kind of body type, the shape of ma+ can be incredibly flattering with broad shoulders and slim waist. It either works or it doesn't.
Edited by amby16 - 10/8/14 at 11:18pmpost #12140 of 1720910/9/14 at 4:23ampost #12141 of 1720910/9/14 at 4:47amQuote:
+1 - a shell jacket would have to be more of a patchwork, and the leather looks exactly like what you would expect from FQHH. Not sure I have ever heard of a jacket produced in shell.post #12142 of 1720910/9/14 at 10:18ampost #12143 of 1720910/9/14 at 10:59amYeah there's no way it's shell cordovan, but whatever it is... It's pretty stiff and the construction makes me wonder if seams/lining will survive until it breaks in. Maybe mine was just a lemon though. Still I think nice calf or bison or if they ever use like guidi soft horse... that would work much better.post #12144 of 1720910/9/14 at 12:12pmpost #12145 of 1720910/9/14 at 12:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by nicelynice
LEB construction is mind-bogglingly awesome. It's not my style, but if you get a chance - see it in person. The fit on them is astounding
i'd be curious what it's like to try some of it on, especially since i trust your opinion. but to me it looks really overwrought. that word "anatomical" seems like an excuse for adding a bunch of unnecessary seams, and I can't imagine they're actually functional, especially considering the seams on the right and left side don't match. perhaps they're functional in different ways, but i doubt it. and if they're not functional, i.e. they aren't there to allow for natural movement or anything like that, does the word "anatomical" apply? this is all second hand of course since I haven't seen stuff up close so take it with a grain of salt.
the other day i tried on a friend's CCP perforated kangaroo parka, the one with the parachute lining. it's pretty badass, but the parachute lining makes noise whenever you move. sounds like you're wearing a bag of chips. the piece was very pleasing to the eye, but rough on the ears. haha. and nearly $9k retail!post #12146 of 1720910/9/14 at 12:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Abraxis
Yeah there's no way it's shell cordovan, but whatever it is... It's pretty stiff and the construction makes me wonder if seams/lining will survive until it breaks in. Maybe mine was just a lemon though. Still I think nice calf or bison or if they ever use like guidi soft horse... that would work much better.
Shell cordovan is the buttocks of a horse and it would take a lot of shell to make a whole jacket. Its barely enough to make shoes these days led alone a whole jacket. Now while it is really resilient i don't think it would be worth the premium one has to pay. Calf is super resilient as a jacket and is really heavy so I'd say calf, horse, bison as mentioned earlier are better options the shell cordovan. Lamb is best option for light.
LEB looks like it has too many stitches and is made from random cuts of leftover leather. Even though it is really expensive it makes me think that it is cheap.post #12147 of 1720910/9/14 at 9:44pmpost #12148 of 1720910/10/14 at 4:08ampost #12149 of 1720910/10/14 at 8:07pmpost #12150 of 1720910/10/14 at 8:24pm
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › Warning: ZMA and Boners 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 12 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 17 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 19 minutes ago
- › Advice for Naples 29 minutes ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 32 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 33 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...