Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 10:19 am in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 2/9/17 at 7:45am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 762post #11417 of 171326/30/14 at 8:36ampost #11418 of 171326/30/14 at 10:49ampost #11419 of 171326/30/14 at 9:20pm
Just got the RO Calf leather Stooges. WOW
Incredibly heavy leather - super thick... super substantial... super soft.
Size 50 is 21.5" pit to pit, 16.5" shoulders by my measurement. It's fitted on me and I'm 5'11, 175lbs.
I'll post some pictures of the leather in a second comparing it to the Julius lambskin jacket that I have.post #11420 of 171326/30/14 at 9:24pmpost #11421 of 171326/30/14 at 9:43pm
So the RO Calf Stooges this season in size 50 is a 4lbs jacket. The Julius I have is a thin, dry, lambskin that has a natural shine. The Calf we've been discussing is thick and a little bit oily to the touch with a matte finish.
Here are the sleeve ends next to each other:
I hope this picture conveys some sense of how thick the leather is on the stooges:
A big difference in grain - the Calf has a much heavier grain than the lamb (as you'd expect)
I'm glad I don't seem to be getting as much "sausage casing" effect as the lambskin stooges I posted pictures of earlier. I imagine this will stretch a bit in some places but I like the fit in the size.
I've got a better camera and I can take higher quality photos tomorrow when it's sunny if anyone is interested.post #11422 of 171326/30/14 at 10:02pmpost #11423 of 171327/1/14 at 5:08ampost #11424 of 171327/1/14 at 5:10ampost #11425 of 171327/1/14 at 5:18ampost #11426 of 171327/1/14 at 5:55amLooks much better than the lamb skin one. This to me looks like an ideal ro fit.
Also I don't wanna say you're wrong about the shoulders but 16.5" is usually the shoulder size of an 44 or maybe very slim 46 jacket. Judging by the way it fits basically perfect your shoulders and your weight I find it a little unlikely the shoulders are that smallpost #11427 of 171327/1/14 at 6:04ampost #11428 of 171327/1/14 at 10:48am
Here you can see how I'm measuring the shoulders in the front (16-16.5") and the back (16.5-16.75"):
My chest is slim (39-40" actual measurement) but I have broad, athletic shoulders and typically require 17.5-18" shoulders on a blazer.
I get pretty significant shoulder divot in many designers that cut slim suits unless I size up one or two sizes. You can see me in a Rick Owens XL (52) and two SLP size 52 blazers:
Shoulders definitely don't fit on those blazers :(
If I wanted to go with a Hedi Slimane suit, I'd have to go size 54 for shoulders and get the body taken in.
However, when you look at how the Stooges jacket is styled, the shoulder line of the jacket typically lies a bit in from the apex of the shoulder even on the skinny people who model for webstores.
Fortunately, in my pictures, the stooges jacket does appear to hit my shoulder closer to on point than that... but looking at the measurements it seems as though it shouldn't.
Edited by GarleyCavidson - 7/1/14 at 12:30pmpost #11429 of 171327/1/14 at 2:18pmpost #11430 of 171327/1/14 at 5:12pm
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 10 minutes ago
- › CANADA GOOSE - Langford Parka - Navy - Medium 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 19 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 26 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 31 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 42 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 45 minutes ago
- › The (semi-)official "slutty t-shirts" thread 56 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 1 hour ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...