Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 12/6/16 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on 11/25/16 at 4:38am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 762post #11417 of 166556/30/14 at 8:36ampost #11418 of 166556/30/14 at 10:49ampost #11419 of 166556/30/14 at 9:20pm
Just got the RO Calf leather Stooges. WOW
Incredibly heavy leather - super thick... super substantial... super soft.
Size 50 is 21.5" pit to pit, 16.5" shoulders by my measurement. It's fitted on me and I'm 5'11, 175lbs.
I'll post some pictures of the leather in a second comparing it to the Julius lambskin jacket that I have.post #11420 of 166556/30/14 at 9:24pmpost #11421 of 166556/30/14 at 9:43pm
So the RO Calf Stooges this season in size 50 is a 4lbs jacket. The Julius I have is a thin, dry, lambskin that has a natural shine. The Calf we've been discussing is thick and a little bit oily to the touch with a matte finish.
Here are the sleeve ends next to each other:
I hope this picture conveys some sense of how thick the leather is on the stooges:
A big difference in grain - the Calf has a much heavier grain than the lamb (as you'd expect)
I'm glad I don't seem to be getting as much "sausage casing" effect as the lambskin stooges I posted pictures of earlier. I imagine this will stretch a bit in some places but I like the fit in the size.
I've got a better camera and I can take higher quality photos tomorrow when it's sunny if anyone is interested.post #11422 of 166556/30/14 at 10:02pmpost #11423 of 166557/1/14 at 5:08ampost #11424 of 166557/1/14 at 5:10ampost #11425 of 166557/1/14 at 5:18ampost #11426 of 166557/1/14 at 5:55amLooks much better than the lamb skin one. This to me looks like an ideal ro fit.
Also I don't wanna say you're wrong about the shoulders but 16.5" is usually the shoulder size of an 44 or maybe very slim 46 jacket. Judging by the way it fits basically perfect your shoulders and your weight I find it a little unlikely the shoulders are that smallpost #11427 of 166557/1/14 at 6:04ampost #11428 of 166557/1/14 at 10:48am
Here you can see how I'm measuring the shoulders in the front (16-16.5") and the back (16.5-16.75"):
My chest is slim (39-40" actual measurement) but I have broad, athletic shoulders and typically require 17.5-18" shoulders on a blazer.
I get pretty significant shoulder divot in many designers that cut slim suits unless I size up one or two sizes. You can see me in a Rick Owens XL (52) and two SLP size 52 blazers:
Shoulders definitely don't fit on those blazers :(
If I wanted to go with a Hedi Slimane suit, I'd have to go size 54 for shoulders and get the body taken in.
However, when you look at how the Stooges jacket is styled, the shoulder line of the jacket typically lies a bit in from the apex of the shoulder even on the skinny people who model for webstores.
Fortunately, in my pictures, the stooges jacket does appear to hit my shoulder closer to on point than that... but looking at the measurements it seems as though it shouldn't.
Edited by GarleyCavidson - 7/1/14 at 12:30pmpost #11429 of 166557/1/14 at 2:18pmpost #11430 of 166557/1/14 at 5:12pm
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 12 seconds ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 40 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 53 seconds ago
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 3 minutes ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › *NEW* EDWARD GREEN Chelsea Black E82 UK8 US8.5 + EG Shoe Tree 4 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...