or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 749

post #11221 of 11602
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelynice View Post

Is that from wearing it or pre-distressed?? If the latter, pretty cool

What's the black line, though?

 

I thought I posted a reply but it must not have gone thorugh.


It's a 2 year old jacket that has been in 2 motorcycle accidents. The owner is OK. The Shinki Horsehide veg. tanned leather is lightly dyed so it showed distress and wear very quickly as well. The scraped creases near the elbow remind me of damage to tree bark, which is pretty cool. 

post #11222 of 11602

post #11223 of 11602

 

Denim style calf leather jacket from Yang Li S/S14 

Photos from LN-CC

 

This is probably the only time I will like a leather jacket fastened with buttons. 

post #11224 of 11602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post



Ah, my jacket. Looks better IRL.

Don't know if it's an illusion, but it seems much thinner leather than mine.
post #11225 of 11602

My latest acquisition: MA+ horse biker. The pics do not do the jacket justice. The color is black and has a beautiful sheen to it.

 

 

post #11226 of 11602
Quote:
Originally Posted by amby16 View Post

My latest acquisition: MA+ horse biker. The pics do not do the jacket justice. The color is black and has a beautiful sheen to it.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

kick ass way to start on styleforum... welcome
post #11227 of 11602

That jacket is amazing.

post #11228 of 11602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post
 

That jacket is amazing.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post


icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

kick ass way to start on styleforum... welcome

 

Thanks guys. I have to acknowledge http://www.styleforum.net/t/386587/a-visit-to-pn-p-firenze which played a part in swaying me.

post #11229 of 11602
Quote:
Originally Posted by amby16 View Post



Thanks guys. I have to acknowledge http://www.styleforum.net/t/386587/a-visit-to-pn-p-firenze which played a part in swaying me.

That thread influenced you to drop 3k+ on a jacket. Well played SF... well played

Seriously though, enjoy. LMK if you ever wanna sell it.
post #11230 of 11602

Haha, the SF thread was one of the factors. I was on the look out for the absolute minimalist leather jacket. And you cannot go more minimalist than MA+. I almost bought it online, but after reading SF and SZ, it was clear that MA+ should not be purchased without trying.

 

Fortunately I was able to try it on. And for a change, everything the internet said was true. I am a true 48 and still I had a hard time zipping it up. The jacket is thick (wool-lined) and stiff, but is wearing in nicely. Will not look out of place in a dressier setting with the double zipper.

 

If it was not clear enough, folks, do not buy MA+ without trying. 

post #11231 of 11602

edit: wrong thread

post #11232 of 11602
Quote:
Originally Posted by amby16 View Post

Haha, the SF thread was one of the factors. I was on the look out for the absolute minimalist leather jacket. And you cannot go more minimalist than MA+. I almost bought it online, but after reading SF and SZ, it was clear that MA+ should not be purchased without trying.

Fortunately I was able to try it on. And for a change, everything the internet said was true. I am a true 48 and still I had a hard time zipping it up. The jacket is thick (wool-lined) and stiff, but is wearing in nicely. Will not look out of place in a dressier setting with the double zipper.

If it was not clear enough, folks, do not buy MA+ without trying. 

had a hard time zipping it up too
post #11233 of 11602

Holy crap that jacket is amazing.

I don't like 'shirt-like' collars on leather jackets. I'm probably in the minority, but I like the full out double rider collar or the minimalist moto round collar.

post #11234 of 11602
It's rare to see positive comments in this thread - so it's good to see a general consensus ok this jacket. Nice!
post #11235 of 11602

The new Aero Board Racer is IN!  We like the fit of this new cafe' racer quite a bit, so we thought we'd show a photo here.  If anyone would like to see more of this jacket in CXL Black Front Quarter Horsehide, there are more photos here:

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/384450/insurrection-thurston-bros-aero-leather-jackets-north-america-official-affiliate-thread/210#post_7188371

 

Of course, this jacket is available in all colors of CXL Front Quarter Horsehide...

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?