Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 9:07 am in Streetwear and Denim
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. Last post on Yesterday at 9:43 am in Streetwear and Denim
- where to buy uniqlo online? Last post on 2/16/10 at 4:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? - Page 746post #11177 of 163745/31/14 at 1:57pmpost #11178 of 163746/2/14 at 4:36pmpost #11179 of 163746/2/14 at 4:51pmpost #11180 of 163746/3/14 at 12:04am
Yea you are ok to get any leather wet. Think of it like this what do cows do in the rain? They don't melt. The only risk i think is the dye but other than that just wipe off and you'll be ok.post #11181 of 163746/3/14 at 12:05amQuote:Originally Posted by Somatic
Have some TOJ on order... will probably be at least another 40 weeks lol.
What are your thoughts on this YSL leather jacket and the Burberry Prosrum Double Rider?
Which do you guys prefer? I'm leaning more towards to YSL, but I may just hold on to my cash for now.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1. SLP - several people said its built well but its not great. IMO not worth the dough.
2. Burberry - classic leather looks ok, again not worth the cashpost #11182 of 163746/3/14 at 12:05ampost #11183 of 163746/3/14 at 12:32amQuote:
lol come on sinnedk. It's not okay to get any leather wet. Naked cowhide can shrink like crazy for example.post #11184 of 163746/3/14 at 12:54ampost #11185 of 163746/3/14 at 2:13ampost #11186 of 163746/3/14 at 2:34ampost #11187 of 163746/3/14 at 5:48amQuote:Yea you are ok to get any leather wet. Think of it like this what do cows do in the rain? They don't melt.
Take it from someone who has a vested interest, other than just fashion, in keeping their leather jacket in good condition.
Cows are still alive. Living skin continuously produces oils and is self-conditioning. Once the leather is "dead," that does not happen.
Water, among other things, dries leather out.
Whenever I get caught in the rain and my jacket gets wet, it has to be reconditioned. Repeated whetting will dry leather prematurely and it will crack. It also loses abrasion and tear resistance if it is not reconditioned after becoming wet.
However, leather can get wet and not suffer any permanent damage if it is allowed to dry slowly and then oiled or conditioned. One of the worse things you can do to leather is to get it wet and then apply any kind of heat to dry it.post #11188 of 163746/3/14 at 6:54ampost #11189 of 163746/3/14 at 6:58amBe careful conditioning soft lamb, can make it a bit TOO soft. I use a tiny bit of Saphir delicate on my lamb Rick if it starts feeling dry or I get caught in the rain, just once or twice a year. It helps around the cuffs and zippers where there's a lot of abrasion. Kept it going for five years so far and looking great
Always test on a small, non visible part first. I had the sleeves cut down on my Rick so I've been experimenting on the leather scraps - pretty damn hard to damage the jacketpost #11190 of 163746/3/14 at 7:06am
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 22 seconds ago
- › Friday Challenge 23th of September 2016 - 'The Great Outdoors' 38 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › NWB Crockett & Jones Belgrave Hand Grade US 10D UK 9E 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...