• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Amazing Blazer Suit

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Behold! The most versatile garment ever conceived. The amazing, electrified, patented BlazerSuit (TM).

10 ounce fresco: about the most versatile cloth there is. Too hot for the real roaster days, but great for anything else. Hard wearing and a good traveller.

3 roll 2, 3 open patch pockets, swelled edges, brown horn buttons. Avoids the ubiquity of brass buttons. Horn makes the coat wearable as part of a suit. Brown makes it wearable as an odd jacket. Patch pockets and swelled edges dress it down a little further, but not so much that it does not work as a suit. Not a dinner party suit, maybe not even a Big Meeting suit, but wearable in almost any other circumstance.

This one suit is great for travel. You can wear the jacket on the plane with chinos. Wear the suit for business and for evenings out. Bring decent odd trousers for social events. Cut your packing time in half!

conservative business dress, with a worker bee red tie and black belt (& shoes):

p1040128wb6.jpg

Slightly more elegant: wine tie and brown belt (& shoes):

p1040095br8.jpg

Swap out matching trousers for light gray (and tan belt & shoes) and you get CSD (Conservative Social Dress):

p1040099sm5.jpg

Yellow tie, tan belt & shoes: spring summer business attire when strict attention to conservative business dress is not required:

p1040089sp4.jpg

Swap in cream gab trousers and you are ready for the yacht club:

p1040113wp4.jpg

The classic California Tux configuration: blazer, khakis, BD shirt, sock tie:

p1030742jc7.jpg

All are welcome to copy The Amazing BlazerSuit (TM), but royalities on the intellectual property are payable to me via PM.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
Are horn buttons conservative business dress?

Yes, but more importantly they are a sign of Quality. Ask maclovin.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i love the lapels. yuck to everything else.

manton, i think i've mentioned this before, but it looks sloppy the way your shirt cuffs fall so low when you raise your arms. the way it looks in the last picture is the way they should all look. either you are getting your sleeves too short or your cuffs too large.

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you know someone at BB, this could be a great marketing idea. Heck they could even use the model in the above pics. The sassy snarkiness gets acceptably diminished in still pics.

Best of luck.

kngrimm

Reaction score
work on the ****** buttons on your shirt =p

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
i love the lapels. yuck to everything else.

manton, i think i've mentioned this before, but it looks sloppy the way your shirt cuffs fall so low when you raise your arms. the way it looks in the last picture is the way they should all look. either you are getting your sleeves too short or your cuffs too large.

WTF are you talking about?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kngrimm
work on the ****** buttons on your shirt =p

MOP. Not the best MOP, but good enough for me.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
WTF are you talking about?

you know what i'm talkin' 'bout. look at where your shirt cuff sits on the last picture and compare that with the rest.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does it look with one of the fabulous Mercer OCBDs?

Good for plane?

tlmusic

Reaction score
Thank you for the pictures! Normally I fear the navy blazer, but it looks good in these contexts.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
you know what i'm talkin' 'bout. look at where your shirt cuff sits on the last picture and compare that with the rest.

Those shirts are made by the same maker, to the exact same measurements.

Jesus Christ, can we try to remember that we are dealing with CLOTH? When you raise your arms, cloth slips down. I am not going to staple my shirt cuffs to my skin just to avoid dumbass comments from SF know-it-alls.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads