or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Graphic Tees: Why Do Most Suck?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Graphic Tees: Why Do Most Suck? - Page 3

post #31 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by korce View Post
I'm in the process of transitioning from hypebeasty fashion back to a more refined and "grown" look, but I must admit I still wear (and like) the occasional graphic T.

My favourite brand would have to be graniph (www.graniph.com), perhaps due to the nostalgia of shopping there when I was in Japan a few years ago. I don't like all their designs, but some are pretty cool imo (eg. http://www.graniph.com/product/TSHIR...001003527.html)

Do they ship to the US? I like some of their shirts but it seems like a hassle...
Nevermind
post #32 of 46
This thread reeks of awkward spam like the Gram Shoes thread. Different than the other graphic tee threads that happen once or twice a month.

raf by raf, corpus, drkshdw, marc jacobs, henrik vibskov, surface 2 air, uniqlo, bson, and more have all made graphic shirts i've liked
post #33 of 46
I don't like th3 graphic tees that are racy like the on3s that try to be funny in a rude way... I like the on3s that show a picture like graffiti or art
post #34 of 46
Well I just joined, and I was a little hesitant to respond to this question. However, I own a graphic t-shirt company so I felt compelled to answer.

Most designs are created from a template. A lot of people just don't take the time to create something new. That's why there are so many bad tees that look alike. Larger companies are afraid to move from the norm and add something fresh and original. Or their designers are just out of good ideas and they haven't hired someone with fresh thinking. That's my opinion anyway.

Take a look at our clothing. If it's ugly, please let me know.
3 Clothing
post #35 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
This thread pops up a bunch. I personally like graphic tees if you can find the right ones. I have a few that i wear a ton.

Yeah i agree! i have a few as well and they were cheap! There is no one brand of graphic tee that i go for, i feel that the same brand of tees have similar styles (i.e. anchor blue, afflication, etc..) so i go shopping for tees that appeal to me, no matter who made it.
post #36 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie View Post

those are fucking awful.
post #37 of 46
those are hillarious
post #38 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie View Post
those are hillarious

If you want to express yourself with an hilarious graphic, so so with a message board avatar... not a t-shirt.
post #39 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie View Post

I don't know if I could come up with dumber, less funny (or meta-funny, it seems they are trying to be) things to print on a shirt if I tried. Maybe I will try, and do it, and make money since that seems to be the market now.
post #40 of 46
I think those look pretty good. More original than the ones from the original post, and the colors are unusual. My main concern would be the quality of the shirt construction/material etc. although the cut looks OK. I would consider buying the mother earth one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3clothing View Post
Well I just joined, and I was a little hesitant to respond to this question. However, I own a graphic t-shirt company so I felt compelled to answer.

Most designs are created from a template. A lot of people just don't take the time to create something new. That's why there are so many bad tees that look alike. Larger companies are afraid to move from the norm and add something fresh and original. Or their designers are just out of good ideas and they haven't hired someone with fresh thinking. That's my opinion anyway.

Take a look at our clothing. If it's ugly, please let me know.
3 Clothing
post #41 of 46
http://www.threadless.com/ I know it may not be high style, and some of it is immature, but there are some VERY cool designs and some are more subtle.
post #42 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainmonster View Post
I think those look pretty good. More original than the ones from the original post, and the colors are unusual. My main concern would be the quality of the shirt construction/material etc. although the cut looks OK. I would consider buying the mother earth one.
^^ This is not hurting anything. But the designs do look decent enough, as graphic t-shirts go.
post #43 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post


^^ This is not hurting anything. But the designs do look decent enough, as graphic t-shirts go.

umm yes... that is the best looking t-shirt I've ever seen. Very slim fitting and really accentuates the key features of the wearer.
post #44 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by changed View Post
umm yes... that is the best looking t-shirt I've ever seen. Very slim fitting and really accentuates the key features of the wearer.

this shirt can barely contain her personality
post #45 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoon View Post
this shirt can barely contain her personality

Person---

Huh?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Graphic Tees: Why Do Most Suck?