or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › beer plus what???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

beer plus what??? - Page 3

post #31 of 61
What kind of beer do they use for the French drinks?
post #32 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
These actually taste good?

Never tried tango or valse actually (I'm really not excited about mint and beer...) but the first three are great, especially in warm weather. Panaché is a very refreshing drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
What kind of beer do they use for the French drinks?

Basic draft lager (Kronenbourg or Kanterbrau for domestic ones)
post #33 of 61
The very finest drink that includes beer is as follows and is called the Beergarita. I drink a bunch of these a week and they are amazing.

What you will need:
1) Beer
2) Frozen Limeade mix (NOT lemonade)
3) Tequila
4) Ice
5) Cut up limes

What you need to do:
1) Get a large punch bowl (that you will fondly call a beergarita bowl from now on)
2) Pour 3 beers into it (Mexican beers such as Corona or the like are best)
3) Add the frozen Limeade
4) Fill the empty Limeade can 7/8 full with Tequila (any more and the taste is off, any less and you can never say you've had a beergarita, only a "neargarita")
5) Add the tequila to the bowl
6) Add ice and slices of limes to the bowl, saving some for the rim
7) Stir
8) Pour
9) Drink
10) Rejoice
11) Repeat
post #34 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Never tried tango or valse actually (I'm really not excited about mint and beer...) but the first three are great, especially in warm weather. Panaché is a very refreshing drink
Well, you frogs know what you are doing. I have never even heard of this, much less tried it. Next trip.
post #35 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Well, you frogs know what you are doing. I have never even heard of this, much less tried it. Next trip.

I can believe Kronenbourg + lemonade would be refreshing. I hoarded my last few bottles of Kbourg until I remembered that beer is meant to be drunk. They'll brew more - I just have to find a reliable - and convenient - source.
post #36 of 61
Now that I think about it over the past couple of weeks I have seen a lot of red coronas at the bars I frequent. I guess their "tangos". Kind of bothers me seeing a red corona but to each his own.
post #37 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
I knew some hardcore drunks that had trouble getting nutrition. Into their pint they often put 2-3 ounces of tomato juice.

Beer + tomato juice is drinkable. Not sure I'd ever do it myself, though.

This is called a Red Beer and it is an EXCEPTIONAL breakfast drink. Counter-intuitive as it may be, it is a winning combination.
post #38 of 61
Try beer with tomatoe juice, hot sauce, and a bit of lime juice.
post #39 of 61
How about a lunch box

3/4 a mug of beer fill the rest with orange juice leave enough room to drop in a shot of ameretto


sounds nasty taste exquisite.
post #40 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Remember, he's German. I thought WTF?

In Germany, people do stuff like this all the time. When you consume such quantities and have so much of it on hand, it hardly makes you less of a man to mix beer with stuff, such as sprite, (the aforementioned "Radler"), or cola. In Bayern wheat beer and lemonade is a "Russ", which is very tasty, whereas radlers are, I believe, usually made with pils. I'm not fond of them at all.
post #41 of 61
I feel that if it is a good quality beer like Yuengling or Rolling Rock it would be a waste to water it down with a flavored beverage.
post #42 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph K. Bank View Post
I feel that if it is a good quality beer like Yuengling or Rolling Rock it would be a waste to water it down with a flavored beverage.

You are so effing brilliant. Stop wasting your time on this crap and make some money developing a TV show.
post #43 of 61
Beer + Soju (So-Mae). Great way to get trashed ASAP in Korea!
post #44 of 61
Half pint of Guinness + shot of half Irish Whiskey half Irish Cream = Irish Car Bomb
post #45 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmentmerchant View Post
How about a lunch box

3/4 a mug of beer fill the rest with orange juice leave enough room to drop in a shot of ameretto


sounds nasty taste exquisite.

Taking notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatsch View Post
In Germany, people do stuff like this all the time. When you consume such quantities and have so much of it on hand, it hardly makes you less of a man to mix beer with stuff, such as sprite, (the aforementioned "Radler"), or cola. In Bayern wheat beer and lemonade is a "Russ", which is very tasty, whereas radlers are, I believe, usually made with pils. I'm not fond of them at all.

Wheat beer + lemonade = Particularly Sam Adams Cherry Wheat or Paulaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph K. Bank View Post
I feel that if it is a good quality beer like Yuengling or Rolling Rock it would be a waste to water it down with a flavored beverage.

Please take your overhyped green pisswater Rolling Rock elsewhere. This is a beer thread. kthxbye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
Half pint of Guinness + shot of half Irish Whiskey half Irish Cream = Irish Car Bomb


Sounds revolting!!! I must try this.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › beer plus what???