or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Crepe sole?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crepe sole? - Page 2

post #16 of 57
I agree that crepe soles are just about the most comfortable soles for boots/shoes. I do know that they don't last very long and are less of a hard wearing sole than vibram-type soles. But like I've said in another post, their meant to be comfortable not durable. You will still get some mileage out them and I would just keep replacing them when they wear down. At least for me, comfort is more important.
post #17 of 57
Right now I'm wearing a pair of longwings with a crepe sole. Amazing comfort.
post #18 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife View Post
it can be used as an eraser
lol
post #19 of 57
crepe sole is the most comfortable sole you can find so there is a trade off between durability and comfort
post #20 of 57
Although I like crepe soles for comfort, I still think they're ugly. I have one pair of shoes with the sole and won't buy another until these wear out.
post #21 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbny View Post
I agree that crepe soles are just about the most comfortable soles for boots/shoes. I do know that they don't last very long and are less of a hard wearing sole than vibram-type soles. But like I've said in another post, their meant to be comfortable not durable. You will still get some mileage out them and I would just keep replacing them when they wear down. At least for me, comfort is more important.
How long do crepe soles last? Can shoes with crepe soles be worn in the rain? Will the water quickly wear through the sole like it does for leather soles?
post #22 of 57
From the Clarks DB thread it is not good with water and there's no traction.
post #23 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroh View Post
Can shoes with crepe soles be worn in the rain?

Only if you want to slip and fracture your hip. Sometimes it'll feel you're on a skating rink.
post #24 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by awxg View Post
Out of curiousity, what are the advantages of crepe over the traditional rubber sole?

You will be in step with everyone at Opening Ceremony.
post #25 of 57
I'm using them for walking the dog in the winter on an icy dirt road. Last winter I nearly bit the dust on many occasion when wearing Vibram soled boots. And they are comfy as noted.
post #26 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroh View Post
How long do crepe soles last?

Can shoes with crepe soles be worn in the rain? Will the water quickly wear through the sole like it does for leather soles?

don't dare wear crepe in the rain. If you have them on and it starts raining, you should immediately take them off and hold them sole-side down under your arms, and find shelter. wait for the rain to stop, and then to dry completely, and then walk home - CAREFULLY
post #27 of 57
i just got a pair of y's boots in the mail with crepe soles. never had tried crepe soles before but WOW they are comfortable.
post #28 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghulkhan View Post
Vibram soles. Your cobbler can put em on for 50 bucks.

/thread

seriously
post #29 of 57
It depends on the type of crepe sole. Alden's has ridges and a leather tip and is said to be ok in bad weather. It's also supposed to last a lot longer than the Clarks
post #30 of 57
My redwings I wear 5 times a week and have since january. They started getting flat spots around 6 months. I'd say at around 1 year and 2 months total I will need to look at replacing the bottom. The only probably I have is when they smoothed out they are slicker than hell on tile when wet. Just wear your damn boots.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Crepe sole?