• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loro Piana

Jerome

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great casual wear but completely over-priced. **** em- I mean they get on my nerves: cause I like the style but its also just ridiculous. What do you/everyone think?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find their shirts to have a very inconsistent fit, that isn't true to size in the neck and short in the arm.

Their sweaters are very nice but I favor the Cucinelli fit over LP.

I like the look of their sport coats but they never seem to fit me very well.

All in all I like the looks of their things and the fabrics are beautiful but the fit never works. It is either too short or too boxy.

literasyme

Reaction score
I have a very nice, almost completely unconstructed Loro Piana sports coat in their cashmere coarsehair fabric. It's lovely and fits very well, but I wouldn't dream of paying anything like retail for it. Holdfast has mentioned the LP outlet store in Bicester occasionally; I wonder what the prices there are like.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by literasyme
Holdfast has mentioned the LP outlet store in Bicester occasionally; I wonder what the prices there are like.

Still painful.

It's the difference between an MI and just angina, though.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my shirtmakers normally charge around EUR 100-160 for a shirt (for example, around EUR 150 for shirts of really nice Italian or Suiss cotton or linen). I once noticed that he had a sample book from Loro Piana, and there was a nice linen cloth, white with kind of burgundy stripes. A shirt therefrom would have cost me more than EUR 300 (was it EUR 350?).
The shirtmaker once made me a "normal" (non-LP) Italian linen shirt that cost me EUR 150 or 160 and its wonderful. One of my favourite shirts. Don't know if the Loro Piana cloth would make for a "twice as nice" shirt.
But maybe you wanted to discuss the LP clothing items, not the cloths...

sammy

Reaction score
I agree that the prices are outrageous, BUT they do make beautiful coats
inlove.gif
. I have the roadster in both cotton and cashmere. I have my eye on the Martingala but not sure if I'm want to spend $5K
confused.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
Sounds medical.

Surgical, I think.

I had a complete walletectomy last time I was there...

To be honest, even at outlet, their prices are so steep that I haven't popped in for about a year or so. I do like their casual stuff though - quite beautiful.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a coat by LP. Everything else by LP is way overpriced and cannot be backed up by quality.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think their outerwear is top notch and I love their sweaters, but I wouldn't buy anything else from them unless it was deeply discounted. Fortunately, it often is.

UK2004

Reaction score
Fantastic fabrics often other designers purchase fabric from the LP mill and produce suits and jackets, really good fabric.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jerome
Great casual wear but completely over-priced. **** em- I mean they get on my nerves: cause I like the style but its also just ridiculous. What do you/everyone think?

Agree completely.
I wrote them off long ago.
Just out of my range.

danyllau

Reaction score
Originally Posted by epa
But maybe you wanted to discuss the LP clothing items, not the cloths...

I thought loro piana is all about the fabric quality.

jbob325

Reaction score
Totally addicting - I love the look, feel and fit. I have about six of their sports jackets, navy in the baby cashmere may be my single most favorite piece of clothing - wear with jeans, khakis or dressier - works with all.

Also have a few of their leather pieces from vest to down parka - and again the look, feel and fit is fantastic.

Most recent buys are a cashmere storm system overcoat with removeable vest and a hooded jacket in the baby cashmere. Can't wait for cooler weather!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads