or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gravati Quality
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gravati Quality

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
Hey guys, I have the opportunity to purchase these Gravatis for $25. I am going to do it no matter what, because I like the shoes, but how is the quality?
post #2 of 12
The ones that I have are of the highest quality.
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
The ones that I have are of the highest quality.
Excellent. I figured I needed a pair of nicer-quality dress shoes, as I don't really have any quality shoes (some Kenneth Coles for wearing as 'kickers' with jeans, some Magli and Ferragamo loafers, some trainers, etc) and I love monkstraps. These seemed too good to pass up, and I thought they would look nice dressed down with jeans, or dressed up with slacks. So, would you put the quality at C&J benchgrade?
post #4 of 12
Good quality, but impossible to compare with the likes of Crockett & Jones.  Gravati makes the prototypical "dry-Italian climate" footwear that's extremely flexible, elegant, and lightweight.  Conversely, Gravati's are NOT meant for trudging through an English bog or even for ten blocks of icy rain in a NY winter.
post #5 of 12
As norcal writes, Gravati is an entirely different beast from C&J. Gravati shoes tend to have uppers made from very soft and characterful leather, they tend to be Blake-constructed (although they do some Bologna and will produce welted shoes if you ask for them), and their lasts, while not trendy, are often more fashion-forward than what you would find from C&J. Gravati's my favorite mid-level shoe manufacturer, and I own several pairs. I also own a couple of pairs of C&J shoes, and I wear the Gravatis much more frequently than I wear the C&Js, for whatever that's worth. Your shoes look to be Blake/Rapid-constructed, and I think that they're very attractive. Could you post the five-digit style number and the three-digit last number (I think that it's 640, but I'm not sure).
post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
As norcal writes, Gravati is an entirely different beast from C&J. Gravati shoes tend to have uppers made from very soft and characterful leather, they tend to be Blake-constructed (although they do some Bologna and will produce welted shoes if you ask for them), and their lasts, while not trendy, are often more fashion-forward than what you would find from C&J. Gravati's my favorite mid-level shoe manufacturer, and I own several pairs. I also own a couple of pairs of C&J shoes, and I wear the Gravatis much more frequently than I wear the C&Js, for whatever that's worth. Your shoes look to be Blake/Rapid-constructed, and I think that they're very attractive. Could you post the five-digit style number and the three-digit last number (I think that it's 640, but I'm not sure).
I'm going to purchase the shoes today, online. I'll post the numbers when they arrive. Thanks for all the info, guys.
post #7 of 12
i LOVE gravati. two of the most worn shoes i have are some chocolate suede laceups (with tan laces) and a pair of dark brown laceups with kind of a pointed toe that i get a ton of compliments on. actually i think korshak has the suede pair on sale right now.
post #8 of 12
Quote:
a pair of dark brown laceups with kind of a pointed toe
What's the three-digit last number for these? And what's Korshak's retail price on Gravati shoes?
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Hey guys, I have the opportunity to purchase these Gravatis for $25.  I am going to do it no matter what, because I like the shoes, but how is the quality?
I really like 'em--dress up a casual look, funk up a dressier ensemble. great w/ jeans
post #10 of 12
I like the shoes depicted, but a selection of Gravati shoes I viewed at Wayne Edwards in Philadelphia looked shabby and cheap.
post #11 of 12
it says 16598 12M 655 i think they were 445 retail, then i think it's 25 off now
post #12 of 12
Quote:
it says 16598 12M 655 i think they were 445 retail, then i think it's 25 off now
Thanks. I'm not sure what I think of 655. It's worked out well for me on some shoes and not so well on others. Not as much of a multipurpose machine as 500; but when it's right, it's very right.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gravati Quality