• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who sells tall fitted tees?

stephen

Reaction score
Any recommendations for retailers that sell fitted t-shirts / polos for tall guys? I've been purchasing (and loving) the Gap Medium-Tall Stretch Ts for a while now. They fit perfectly... not a whole lot of interesting colors (black, gray, white), but the fit is far better than anything else I've found. Unfortunately -- looks like they're going out-of-production. All out-of-stock and on-sale at the moment. I'm 6'4", 165 lbs with a lean, athletic look. The Gap Ts were perfect b/c they fit my drop (42" shoulders, 32" waist). I'm not looking for something to show every muscle in my upper body, but it is nice when a shirt isn't all blousy and billowing around the waist. A lot of Ts look boxy (and thus blouse out around my narrow waist) or are too short (riding up above my beltline). Any suggestions? I was about to purchase some size-medium AA Ts, but I'm not sure if they'll be long enough...

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm 6', about same measurements as you and AA larges aren't long enough for me once they're washed a couple of times. they shrink up and get really boxy.

stephen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
i'm 6', about same measurements as you and AA larges aren't long enough for me once they're washed a couple of times. they shrink up and get really boxy.
eh.gif
Looks like I should cancel that order I just placed. Argh! Thanks for the heads up! Any luck with anything else?

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the "I'm over 6' and can't find a shirt that fits" club

I have had good luck with a few brands and I'm 6'3":

Dior Homme MADE IN TURKEY - XL (a little boxy)
Dior Homme MADE IN ITALY - XL (much longer than the Turkish ones)
Wing & Horns - depends on the season but large is usually long enough
Urban Outfitters house brand - large
H&M house brand - large/XL depending on the shirt

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Stephen, I have a few customers who are your height and closer to 175 lbs. They wear Bodywild undershirts in size LL (Japanese XL). Take a look at our website and you can see a few pictures of a 6'1" model wearing size L. From my experience, they do not shrink, but I never put them in the dryer (hang to dry.) The 100% cotton style we carry is ribbed which creates a more fitted look. I can give you more specific measurements if you are interested. PM me.

Also, my customers with your height have also purchased Mr. Olive XL (short sleeve items only) and certain items by Man of Moods size 3 as the sleeves and overall lengths can run long.

stephen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
Welcome to the "I'm over 6' and can't find a shirt that fits" club I have had good luck with a few brands and I'm 6'3"...
Brett, thanks for the recommendations... Do you find that those XLs are fairly slim fitting? Will they fit a 32" waist? A couple years ago I realized that I wasn't actually an XL or a L (even though those seem to fit me the best in length). The rare Medium-Tall I can find seems to fit well, but anything else is just abysmal. I guess I could always try having normal off-the-rack Ts darted... but that seems like overkill.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stephen
eh.gif
Looks like I should cancel that order I just placed. Argh!

Thanks for the heads up! Any luck with anything else?

it's really a crapshoot, as far as i can tell. i have a few j. crew undershirts in medium that fit perfectly, but their normal t-shirts don't, and large is too big.

i just picked up a couple of their polos that fit very well in Medium.

i've also had polo luck with medium in penguin, ralph l, and michael kors.

as far as t-shirts go, theory fits me the best with large. the retro-sport shirts fit great, but have the
graphics. i'd like to find a plain shirt like theirs.

brimley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stephen
eh.gif
Looks like I should cancel that order I just placed. Argh! Thanks for the heads up! Any luck with anything else?

AA is notorious for shrinking in different ways. I get AA large and almost all of them are long enough for me at 6'5" (of course, there are a lot of ways to be tall, proportionally). One or two is slim in the body, some are more boxy. I have a S2A shirt in L that is quite long and fitted around the waist on me at 42" and 34" W, and they do nice prints. As far as other options, I've heard good things about Banana Republic's fitted tees, not sure if they're all available in tall sizes. Honestly, have you tried brands like Abercrombie, D&G, Armani, etc? I'm not sure if they have anything tasteful in tees but they generally are made for athletic builds. I keep telling myself to just buy a sewing machine and start taking in all my tshirts. Maybe this winter.

pshaw23

Reaction score
wings and horns tees are pretty long. Peasant, Blackbird, and Stel's carry them.

Arcane

Reaction score
W+H is a great tip but it doesn't seem to apply for the U-neck, at least if you read the measurements over at Peasant. Only crew and v-neck, can anyone confirm?

Concepts_BLC

Reaction score
www.rochesterclothing.com has some good stuff now and then for big and tall. I am 6'2 and often have trouble finding shirts with the length that I need. I have found a few gems on this site though.

itskub

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics