or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A visit to... Liverano & Liverano
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A visit to... Liverano & Liverano - Page 4

post #46 of 60
Looks like money well spent.
post #47 of 60
Great fit.
post #48 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusvs View Post

A few fit pics (sorry for the poor picture quality, haven't had time for better pictures):






Quite the iconic Liverano silhouette with the iconic rounded front )( -- though I've seen a few pieces where the quarters/front have a less pronounced )( which leads me to think that they might not necessarily cut the quarters that way all the time?

Is the chest cut rather lean?
post #49 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post

^ That is really nice. You must feel like a million bucks wearing that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophe View Post

^ That could really be habit forming. Wear it in good health!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulata View Post

Looks like money well spent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTukker View Post

Great fit.

Thanks everyone! I'm obviously very happy with how it came out.
post #50 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy View Post

Quite the iconic Liverano silhouette with the iconic rounded front )( -- though I've seen a few pieces where the quarters/front have a less pronounced )( which leads me to think that they might not necessarily cut the quarters that way all the time?

Is the chest cut rather lean?

Not very lean. Actually, my NSMs are leaner, as strange as that may sound.
post #51 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusvs View Post

A few fit pics (sorry for the poor picture quality, haven't had time for better pictures):




I really, really like the jacket. However, your pants are way too short. Brings the total look from potential awesome to fail in my book. But that's an easy fix...

(If you can see someone's socks when they're standing, something is wrong in my book)
Edited by archetypal_yuppie - 6/11/13 at 3:12pm
post #52 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie View Post

I really, really like the jacket. However, your pants are way too short. Brings the total look from potential awesome to fail in my book. But that's an easy fix...

(If you can see someone's socks when they're standing, something is wrong in my book)

Thanks. The pants are actually not as short as they came out in these pictures, don't know what happened.
post #53 of 60

It does look like you are standing a bit off.. You can tell by the creases in the pants.

post #54 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusvs View Post

Thanks. The pants are actually not as short as they came out in these pictures, don't know what happened.

Hmm. Maybe you have them cut so they're "just right" when standing at military attention, but they do this when you stand naturally. An extra 1/2"+ wouldn't hurt in either case. But anyway obviously up to you.
post #55 of 60
I'm guessing everyone have seen this, but anyway:

http://www.icoloridiantonio.com/

I have pre-ordered my copy!
post #56 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusvs View Post

A few fit pics (sorry for the poor picture quality, haven't had time for better pictures):






Just seen these photos, the finished garment looks fantastic. I would stick to L&L if I were you, maybe one day I will get a chance to try them.
post #57 of 60

Does Liverano & Liverano cut different lapel styles or does he not like to deviate from his notch lapel?

post #58 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryantanner512 View Post

Does Liverano & Liverano cut different lapel styles or does he not like to deviate from his notch lapel?

He prefers to stick to the house style, i.e. notch lapel, for SB jackets.
post #59 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusvs View Post


He prefers to stick to the house style, i.e. notch lapel, for SB jackets.

 

I like the cut of the suit, however, I would like to have a less rounded front and a different shaped lapel. I understand what is negotiable varies from tailor to tailor. Based on your experience would you say he would be willing to accommodate these requests or should I simply go to another tailor?

post #60 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryantanner512 View Post

I like the cut of the suit, however, I would like to have a less rounded front and a different shaped lapel. I understand what is negotiable varies from tailor to tailor. Based on your experience would you say he would be willing to accommodate these requests or should I simply go to another tailor?

In that case I would go to a different tailor. My experience from working with different tailors is that as soon as you ask them to deviate from their house style, the end result will not be as you were hoping. Find a tailor with a house style you like, then you can tweak the details. As for Liverano, since I like the house style (the reason I went there to start with), I let him do his thing completely.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A visit to... Liverano & Liverano