• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuketen Footwear

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did a search and came up with one thread with only a couple replys. I really like the hunting mocc boot, as pictured and am wondering where to buy them online. Oi Polloi is sold out.

830-300.jpg

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a reference to them being (atleast at one time) available at Bergdorf Goodman
http://nymag.com/fashion/features/35802/
Beams, and Z-Craft has been known to carry some of their products, maybe attainable through a proxy.

Also, if you're looking for a similar styled boot that high-quality and more easily attainable here stateside is the Quoddy Grizzlyboots. Perhaps, you could request a customized upper material to match these, boots and make sure you get the crepe sole.

http://www.quoddytrail.com/GrizzlyBoots.html

Django

Reaction score
I believe Quoddy make Yuketen actually.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the significance of of those soles? They really look gross.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
What is the significance of of those soles? They really look gross.
They're waterproof and are great for the field. The ones with the soft leather soles are meant for hunters, trackers, and naturalists who like to get close to animals without making lots of sound.

delirium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
They're waterproof and are great for the field. The ones with the soft leather soles are meant for hunters, trackers, and naturalists who like to get close to animals without making lots of sound.

Isn't there a more durable sole that would be better for field time?

I guess there are probably gradations of crepe soles, but they don't seem very durable in my experience.

Both the quoddy and yukoten mocs look interesting.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by delirium
Isn't there a more durable sole that would be better for field time?

I guess there are probably gradations of crepe soles, but they don't seem very durable in my experience.

Both the quoddy and yukoten mocs look interesting.

If durability is your main concern vs. quietness of your walk and the weight of the boots, then a pair with some rubber Vibram commando soles would do just as fine.

Russell also makes some nice similar boots: http://www.russellmoccasin.com/boots.html

downwithianbrown

Reaction score
i think these are made in the usa. could be wrong. but the website said west coast.

wiru

Reaction score
does anyone actually know what the relationship between yuketen and quoddy is? oddly, my quoddy mocs came with a yuketen tag... but there is also no way quoddy makes everything put out by yuketen.

jsg28

Reaction score
I just got a pair of the hunt boots in black with a black crepe sole from Bergdorf. Man, these boots are nice. The leather appears to be waxed.

mpcec

Reaction score
jsg post up some fit pics if you can. I'm considering buying a pair. Do they look goofy with the pants tucked in?

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those soles look tasty, literally, like honeycomb or fudge.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads